Was the "WOLF" better than Mr. Black?

Started by zackpred12, Aug 21, 2011, 10:30:29 PM

Author
Was the "WOLF" better than Mr. Black? (Read 16,100 times)

Krissy1984

Maybe I am wrong but I think that Wolf is the only predator not to die through stupidity. He never played with his prey and get careless like Mr Black, Anytime and Pussyface.

gigantitan

Classic and Pussyface didn't died in a stupid way. They died in a fair fight

Snowdog

Quote from: gigantitan on Sep 05, 2011, 11:34:29 PM

What he said  8)

Quote from: Krissy1984 on Sep 05, 2011, 09:24:37 PM
Maybe I am wrong but I think that Wolf is the only predator not to die through stupidity. He never played with his prey and get careless like Mr Black, Anytime and Pussyface.

Wolf did not die because of stupidity because the directors wanted him to survive throughout the movie. Also that doesn't say all of his actions weren't stupid. Because wolf was seriously mentally challenged or something like that.

And for the record. Predators in the Predator franchise (NOT AVP) died because of arrogance. Not of stupidity. By the way Celtic also died because he got cocky.

Terx2

Quote from: Snowdog on Sep 05, 2011, 11:39:21 PM
Quote from: gigantitan on Sep 05, 2011, 11:34:29 PM

What he said  8)

Wolf did not die because of stupidity because the directors wanted him to survive throughout the movie. Also that doesn't say all of his actions weren't stupid. Because wolf was seriously mentally challenged or something like that.

And for the record. Predators in the Predator franchise (NOT AVP) died because of arrogance. Not of stupidity. By the way Celtic also died because he got cocky.

Excactly. There atitude was there downfall in Predators. And Celtic was too overconfident ;D.

LadyZero

I'm sorry, what? He died BECAUSE he was a stupid idiot and dropped all his weapons - correct me if I'm wrong but that is the dumbest thing to do in a combat situation. Honour my ass, just stab the damn thing in the face and get out of there. If Wolf was as good as they made him out to be, wouldn't he just have gone in for the kill and stopped pissing around like he was doing?

Let's face it, they're all pretty dumb and all died ridiculous deaths. Every single one of them.

Stalker

Tracker made no mistakes, yet still got blown up.

How did Nikolai even survive long enough to set off his bombs after being shot in the chest with the plasma caster & then impaled with the wrist blade?

I wouldn't call it stupidity, it was usually down to plain bad luck. P1 had a log fall on his head & Berserker was shot in the back before he could deliver the final blow to Royce. P2 on the other hand should have easily finished off Harrigan in hand to hand combat, but got a little careless right at the end.

Quote from: LadyZero on Sep 06, 2011, 07:37:19 AM
He died BECAUSE he was a stupid idiot and dropped all his weapons - correct me if I'm wrong but that is the dumbest thing to do in a combat situation. Honour my ass, just stab the damn thing in the face and get out of there. If Wolf was as good as they made him out to be, wouldn't he just have gone in for the kill and stopped pissing around like he was doing?

To his credit he pretty much f**ked the Predalien up with his bare hands & the stab through the brain should have been an instant kill.

r888

r888

I think Mr black was the worst predator I seen ever.

magical_boy

Quote from: Stalker on Sep 06, 2011, 08:00:22 AM
Tracker made no mistakes, yet still got blown up. How did Nikolai even survive long enough to set off his bombs after being shot in the chest with the plasma caster & then impaled with the wrist blade?
well tracker could've decapitated the Russian or blasted him to death
instead he just stabbed the crawling guy and lifted him up...to savor the kill or whatever

Vecrotus

As individual characters, I do prefer Wolf. However I do like the design of Mr. Black. If Mr. Black got more screen time, I may have liked him more. The problem with the Berserker Predators in Predators is that they are underdeveloped. They got very little screen time compared to all the other main Predators in the movies prior.

Ghostface

Overall, I think Wolf had a better design and was acted better. He did suffer from starring in a shit film with useless directors, but he was definitely a redeeming quality in many fan's minds. Mr. Black was a damn cool idea, but again executed poorly, resulting in an uninspired and forgettable performance.

Vecrotus

They should have got Ian Whyte to play Mr. Black. I think he would have performed much better than Brian Steele did.

Self-Destruct

I don't really think you can compare the two, it's like comparing a work truck to a sports car; they each have their function and in that function they excel.

Wolf was an exterminator, his whole purpose of going to earth was to kill the Predalien and expunge the Xeno's there. Of course he was extremely well armed, he was going up against a foe that he'd never encountered and as an experienced hunter he knew to go prepared.

Señor black on the other hand, was just on the game planet for shit's 'n giggles. He wasn't killing for any purpose other than self gain, as proven by Noland.

pred169

Quote from: samoht on Aug 22, 2011, 11:17:31 PM
Trying to put aside the fact that AVPR was shit, WOLF was capable of slaughtering Xenomorphs with ease. Mr Black was just a brute who did not appear to be particularly special. Just some redneck predator.

I reckon WOLF would easily kill him.

haha he wasn't the redneck version, he was the ahnuld version. And with every blow from that axe he was mentally saying to himself..... Didn't huwt

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: Self-Destruct on Oct 05, 2011, 11:42:30 PM
I don't really think you can compare the two, it's like comparing a work truck to a sports car; they each have their function and in that function they excel.

Wolf was an exterminator, his whole purpose of going to earth was to kill the Predalien and expunge the Xeno's there. Of course he was extremely well armed, he was going up against a foe that he'd never encountered and as an experienced hunter he knew to go prepared.

Señor black on the other hand, was just on the game planet for shit's 'n giggles. He wasn't killing for any purpose other than self gain, as proven by Noland.

Good point.  A position like Wolf's would have to be earned, the hard way.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

He paid the Examiners.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed