The Predator Full Trailer

Started by Gazz, Jun 26, 2018, 12:52:23 PM

Author
The Predator Full Trailer (Read 62,848 times)

Huggs

Huggs

The Yautja thing never really bothered me. In the novels, the term gives them a sense of something greater. The predators in the books are elevated beyond the status of mere hunters or predators. There are memories, personalities, history, culture, tactics, motivations, etc. But for the movies, I prefer a straight-up predatory beast that just so happens to use technology to its advantage. It feels more alien, mysterious, and threatening. So I can enjoy both versions of the same creature in their own way. But I do believe that incorporating that particular term and all that comes with it into the films would be a negative thing. It would simply humanize them too much.

SM

SM

Quote from: PredBabe on Jun 27, 2018, 05:40:38 AM
Quote from: SM on Jun 27, 2018, 04:41:30 AM
IIRC in Rage War some Predators weren't even familiar with that term.

How did that conversation go? Were they all like "WTF you call me?!"

Personally, I don't want it to ever be established in the movies, but if people want to write stories with the term then so be it.

From memory someone says the word and the Predator gives them a bemused look.

Maybe it's their way of saying

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 27, 2018, 05:54:47 AM
The Yautja thing never really bothered me. In the novels, the term gives them a sense of something greater. The predators in the books are elevated beyond the status of mere hunters or predators. There are memories, personalities, history, culture, tactics, motivations, etc. But for the movies, I prefer a straight-up predatory beast that just so happens to use technology to its advantage. It feels more alien, mysterious, and threatening. So I can enjoy both versions of the same creature in their own way. But I do believe that incorporating that particular term and all that comes with it into the films would be a negative thing. It would simply humanize them too much.

Just looking at the lost tribe you can tell there's a lot of that there. It's just not

"This is Joe. He's an interior decorator. Don't you love what he's done with the place? Sort of a neo-caveman post modernist space ship look right?"

Quote from: SM on Jun 27, 2018, 06:01:36 AM

Personally, I don't want it to ever be established in the movies, but if people want to write stories with the term then so be it.

It's probably the equivalent to a racial slur.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 27, 2018, 05:54:47 AM

Exactly my thoughts, it's completely fun for stories that want to dive further into the personalities plus I loved Dachande's character. But the movies definitely shouldn't dive that deep-

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 27, 2018, 06:07:14 AM
"This is Joe. He's an interior decorator. Don't you love what he's done with the place? Sort of a neo-caveman post modernist space ship look right?"
... ever...  :P ;D

Quote from: SM on Jun 27, 2018, 06:01:36 AM

:laugh:

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 27, 2018, 06:07:14 AM
It's probably the equivalent to a racial slur.

Maybe it's how they say Grandma.

dave1978

dave1978

Awesome trailer, but i do fear they are showing too much,

Russ

Russ

The "we're still here, motherf**kers" bit felt like the final shot of the movie (the pullback). Kind of reminded me of the end of Predators" (I'm 99% likely to be wrong, but that's what I thought when I saw it *lol*)

Wweyland

Wweyland

The trailer was really fun, I am liking the cast more and more. Not a fan of the big Predator though.

SM

SM

Quote from: Russ on Jun 27, 2018, 08:04:20 AM
The "we're still here, motherf**kers" bit felt like the final shot of the movie (the pullback). Kind of reminded me of the end of Predators" (I'm 99% likely to be wrong, but that's what I thought when I saw it *lol*)

I thought that too.

von

von

Quote from: HashTag_TheSwag on Jun 26, 2018, 07:55:56 PM
Oh joy, looks like they spoiled the last shot of the movie, grade A marketing right there.
https://media.giphy.com/media/QKkLykTKix7LE8nQBk/giphy.gif

lol! because you chose to read the *leaked* script? lol!

now you're really spoiling it for the 90% who would be going in without any knowledge of the script

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: von on Jun 27, 2018, 08:53:21 AM
Oh joy, looks like they spoiled the last shot of the movie, grade A marketing right there.

now you're really spoiling it for the 90% who would be going in without any knowledge of the script
If you regulary watch films, that one shot has "last shot of the film" written all over it.

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Jun 27, 2018, 03:30:50 AM
I just want to point out that "Predators" is now officially their canon name, not "Yautja" or whatever bullshit Klingon name from the comics and novels.
Music to my ears.

jimmyboy

jimmyboy

Looks like Predator vs Predator!

oldnorse

oldnorse

Quote from: skull-splitter on Jun 27, 2018, 09:06:39 AM
Quote from: von on Jun 27, 2018, 08:53:21 AM

If you regulary watch films, that one shot has "last shot of the film" written all over it.

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Jun 27, 2018, 03:30:50 AM
I just want to point out that "Predators" is now officially their canon name, not "Yautja" or whatever bullshit Klingon name from the comics and novels.
Music to my ears.

Yeah... I still haven't read the original script but with comments like this one I'm thinking by now why don't you simply share the script? There's literally no reason not to post it anymore as all the spoiler snippets I've found here, along with comments such as the one above have revealed the entire story anyway. I wonder if people who're truly unspoiled feel that the trailer tells the entire plot or not.) Anyway by now, knowing what I do from reading this forum, I'd just like to see more of the actual dialogue. I know it's been changed but we got the E for everybody already. I hope some of you will share the original script for that reason alone.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: oldnorse on Jun 27, 2018, 10:05:13 AMI wonder if people who're truly unspoiled feel that the trailer tells the entire plot or not.

I've purposely avoided reading anything about the leaked script. I don't really feel the trailer spoils anything substantial about the overall plot.

Sure, it reveals there's a new hybrid that's fighting the older Predators, but that doesn't say anything about the wheres and whys of this.

Yautja_Warrior

Yautja_Warrior

Going off some people's reactions to the trailer, it seems like people are thinking they know the whole plot.

If most of it hasn't been changed or cut out, they still have no clue about Jake Busey's character, the 2 other Predators that team up with the Mercs and the Predator Dog creatures.

Hell most people are only just figuring out Tom Jane is in the movie lol I really hope most of it makes the cut just to surprise people now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed