Aliens novels chronology

Started by Magneto, Mar 07, 2010, 08:31:34 PM

Author
Aliens novels chronology (Read 41,905 times)

SM

SM

Book says 2124 (should be 2224).

In the original AvP no one knows about the Aliens on Ryushi and since Machiko has just come from Earth, they haven't invaded yet.  By the time Machiko hooks up with Lara et al, Lara tells Machiko about the Aliens and saying they're all over the colonies.  Machiko says she knows, and by this point she's been with the Predators for 2 or 3 years.

predxeno

predxeno

How do you know she's been with them 2 or 3 years?  I don't remember a timetable for how long she stayed with them. :-\

SM

SM

No idea.  It's been a long time since I picked up an Aliens comic.  It might be more than 3 years - but it's certainly not 30.

Of course the Berserker novel may very well contradict this - but it wouldn't be the first time Dark Horse/ Bantam got the dates wrong.

predxeno

predxeno

Actually, it could be 30 years.  Since we took the space traveling tech from the Preds, it's very plausible that the Predators use hypersleep chambers like we do, they do in the AVP1 movie novelization.

SM

SM

If that's the case then why aren't hypersleep pods mentioned and why isn't it ever mentioned about 30 years having passed?

When I was working on timelines my research indicated she was with the Predators for 3 years.

predxeno

predxeno

Predators have hypersleep pods.  Can I see your research?  I"m going home soon and I should be able to access my own books and look into this.

SM

SM

No you can't because there isn't any.  It's just reading all the books and comics and taking notice of anytime they mention dates or passage of time.  And I haven't looked at any of them for over 6 years.

SiL

SiL

In the original TPB Randy Stradley said the first AvP took place before Alien.

So I guess she'd been chillin' with the Preds for closer to sixty years.

SM

SM

Shit I think I remember that now!

That'd make a minimum of seventy years.

Oh Dark Horse... you crazy guys and continuity are forever mutually exclusive...  :D

predxeno

predxeno

Hypersleep tubes.  It's like that idea dropped off the face of this thread. :(

SM

SM

It an unsupported idea in any of the literature to which we are talking about.

Besides if Predators don't have a way around relativity, you don't need hypersleep chambers.

Except AvP:Poo shows they do have a way around it.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: SM on Nov 19, 2010, 12:05:08 AM
It an unsupported idea in any of the literature to which we are talking about.

Besides if Predators don't have a way around relativity, you don't need hypersleep chambers.

Except AvP:Poo shows they do have a way around it.

What?  The trip to Saturn?  That can be retconned.

SM

SM

What's Saturn got to do wi' owt?

If Machiko was flying around at supra light speeds with Predators from the first half of the 22nd century and they were subject to relativity, decades would pass, while she only experienced maybe a few years.

However the Predator in AvP:Poo travels to Earth from Christ knows how far away in what seems like minutes or hours - for him and Earth.  So they have found a way around relativity.

predxeno

predxeno

Maybe bending relativity can have negative mental effects that aren't enjoyable to experience.  Aliens Nightmare Asylum says that, did anyone see Pandorum?  Also, if human space travel is based on Predator space travel, then it's likely that some of their ships have hypersleep capsules.  Maybe they're only used on certain occasions.  Wolf probably decided to bend relativity cause it was an emergency, otherwise he'd have used a hypersleep capsule or something.

SM

SM

Does it really need to be so terribly complicated?

If a Predator can cross who knows how many parsecs in hours or less without any relatavistic effects, then they don't need hypersleep chambers.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed