Recent posts

Alien: Romulus / Re: Why Alien: Romulus pits th...
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 03:10:02 PM
Apparently it's just a cameo, so probably not much.
That's actually come down quite a bit for the chain cinemas. I remember it being several hundreds when I enquired back when I worked at Odeon. I ended up hiring the "worlds smallest cinema" instead a couple of times  for £80-100 because that was a lot cheaper!
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 03:06:05 PM
Dumbass writing.
AvP Galaxy News / Re: What Is Canon & Should We ...
Last post by The Cruentus - Today at 03:05:56 PM
Ah so he has been around the franchise awhile then. Fair enough.
Predator Films / Re: Dan Trachtenberg To Direct...
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 03:04:05 PM
Quote from: Wysps on Today at 01:07:01 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Today at 11:45:53 AMI'm 50/50 on the fact that he's directing it, but I am 100% excited about the project in itself.
I'm all for more Predator content, regardless of who it's coming from  :laugh: So long as it inspires more content and more fans.

Exactly, we all win if this gives more credit to the franchise, meaning more movies etc.
Joe Dante's words on Corman:

QuoteHopefully the passing of Roger Corman, my former boss, mentor and friend of nearly 50 years, will shine more light on the fact that, although his honorary Academy Award was bestowed largely for his vast influence on the movie industry, his accomplishments as an artist and filmmaker are equally defining.

Yes, he had an eye for spotting talent and ambition in the vast number of first-timers he gave breaks to, but many of them (including myself) were already fans of his freewheeling independent genre films–and went on to make their own movies in that spirit.

We're a large and diverse group, united in our devotion to film and forever grateful for the careers we might not otherwise have had, and the lessons we learned about pacing, editing and the nuts and bolts of putting a movie together. To roll with the punches, think on our feet and get the most out of even the most reduced circumstances. Plus, he was one of the smartest people ever to emerge from Hollywood, and one of the most honest. He also gave the most incisive notes in the business. I treasure my friendship with Roger.

https://trailersfromhell.com/sic-transit-gloria-mundi/
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed