Alien V - Facts and Rumors Compilation (Provide Links)

Started by Perfect-Organism, Feb 27, 2015, 09:37:01 PM

Author
Alien V - Facts and Rumors Compilation (Provide Links) (Read 83,389 times)

BlueMarsalis79

Put barcodes on the back of their heads.

Kradan

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 28, 2024, 05:35:46 PMI will go one further, the "Muh Noot 'n' Hix!" crowd deserve to be discriminated against.

Naaah

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: razeak on Apr 28, 2024, 05:11:19 PMAlso....the anti-"Muh Noot 'n' Hix!1!" crowd is starting to sound almost as whiny as the ones they are bagging on.

"Almost", but not AS whiny. Yeah, I'll gladly take that.

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Apr 28, 2024, 05:31:03 PMI understand hater Can be as annoying As the one who want them back, but I'm gonna stand my ground. What happened was not the best outcome but it's history now. Trying to rewrite history is never a good idea.

100% this.  The fact is that lots of people love Alien 3, myself included, particularly the Assembly Cut and consider it the perfect ending to Ripley's story.  Who the f**k is Blomkamp to come along and tell people that movie was just some dumb dream that Ripley had during hypersleep (particularly in light of the fact that his movie was going to be a dumpster fire), all in the interest of him getting to be a fanboy and resurrect Hicks and Newt from the grave, like a kid playing with his action figures.  It's insulting to those who love Alien 3 far more than Alien 3 was insulting to those who loved Hicks and Newt.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: St_Eddie on Apr 28, 2024, 06:06:50 PMlike a kid playing with his action figures

Literally everything about this movie reads like shit a pair of 7 year olds playing with their Kenner toys would come up with, and I should know.

Rankles75

Thanks Mike! 👍

I've been waiting a looooong time for a viable alternative to "Ripley dreams of expendable bald guys", and was hopeful that this would be it, but apart from retconning what came after Aliens, I don't think I've liked anything I've seen or heard about it.

Guess I'll be sticking to the Gibson version or the Dark Horse trilogy.

XENOMORPHOSIS

@Mike's Monsters can I ask what's the source suggesting t the third entry of Ridley's Prequel was going to be called Alien: Destiny?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Rankles75 on Apr 28, 2024, 07:07:00 PMThanks Mike! 👍

I've been waiting a looooong time for a viable alternative to "Ripley dreams of expendable bald guys", and was hopeful that this would be it, but apart from retconning what came after Aliens, I don't think I've liked anything I've seen or heard about it.

Guess I'll be sticking to the Gibson version or the Dark Horse trilogy.

I still think that the Alien 3 we got is by far the best of the many stabs at an Aliens followup across any medium that we've gotten over the years – especially in its Assembly Cut form – so I'm very ok with that remaining intact as the Aliens sequel. I love the movie.

That being said... I really want to see Vincent Ward's ideas and concepts used in some capacity, somewhere.

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Apr 28, 2024, 07:19:41 PM@Mike's Monsters can I ask what's the source suggesting t the third entry of Ridley's Prequel was going to be called Alien: Destiny?

That name came to us publicly from a podcast interview with Eric Calderon and Dave Baker, who were involved in "Aliens vs Predator: Annihilation," the AVP anime that was canceled after completion over at Netflix. Podcast links can be found here: https://www.avpgalaxy.net/tv/avp-annihilation/

Acid_Reign161

A movie bringing back Newt and Hicks brings nothing to the table. It either 1; lets them all live and gives them a happy ending (which is dumb; the likelihood of all three surviving another encounter is exceptionally unlikely given the nature of the organism; nobody wants invincible characters, the movie would have no stakes), or 2; the movie kills one or more of them, and the whiners will then complain and ask what the point of bringing them back to kill them again was. It was a stupid idea whichever way you look at it.

TheDerelict

Just playing devils advocate here, and I could be wrong, but the Blomkamp concept art was very early days. It never even had a full script, only a 10 page treatment.
When you take into consideration Covenant's early concept art work and the fact it bares almost zero similarity to the final product, I wonder how much what we have seen would have been in Alien 5 anyway.

I always wanted Blomkamp to do an alien film after I saw Elysium, which I really like and was hyped when I heard he was doing it. Then I found out about him bringing back ripley, hicks and newt and I mentally checked out.

All hail Alien 3.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: TheDerelict on Apr 28, 2024, 08:31:13 PMWhen you take into consideration Covenant's early concept art work and the fact it bares almost zero similarity to the final product, I wonder how much what we have seen would have been in Alien 5 anyway.

Seems like a refusal to accept notes/collaborate might have been the key issue here so...

Nightstalker7

Nightstalker7

It sounds awful, this movie was never gonna be good in any way, is like a garbage fan fic.

St_Eddie

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Apr 28, 2024, 08:37:13 PMSeems like a refusal to accept notes/collaborate might have been the key issue here so...

Which is quite something coming from a director whom claims to be "free of ego".

BlueMarsalis79

"Free of ego" wants to retcon half the franchise ay-l-mao

SiL

Any director who calls themselves free of ego is lying, the only question is whether it's to the audience or themselves.

Imbrie

Imbrie

Really informative video, Mike's Monsters.

Must say that with all that is known about Blomkamp's movie, I'm not mourning the loss of it not being made. I really am not keen on genetic experimentation in movies in general and it's mostly for this reason that I could do without his take on Alien.

Saying that, I do feel for the guy as he obviously put a lot of work and, apparently, money into the project and it looks like he was given the absolute runaround by Fox.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed