Recent posts

Alien Films / Re: Alien3 Legacy Cut
Last post by BlueMarsalis79 - Today at 12:00:54 AM
*In the theatrical cut.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by SiL - Yesterday at 11:47:13 PM
Quote from: aliens13 on Yesterday at 11:41:34 PMBut nobody knew that Prometheus was an Alien film, the average people didn't know it.
Which arguably helped it because no other Alien movie has done that well.
Last post by aliens13 - Yesterday at 11:41:34 PM
Quote from: SiL on Yesterday at 11:36:27 PM
Quote from: E. Shaw on May 03, 2024, 06:33:09 PMI say 600 Million. Been a while since a Alien film.
Prometheus didn't even do those numbers with the return of Ridley Scott, after no Alien films for 15 years, and it was the highest grossing of the films.
But nobody knew that Prometheus was an Alien film, the average people didn't know it. Everyone that wasn't familiar with the franchise I had to explain them how it was connect with Alien
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien Romulus Rating Predi...
Last post by aliens13 - Yesterday at 11:40:07 PM
I think that it would the Alien Isolation for Alien movies. Definitely the one that we were expecting since many years
Last post by SiL - Yesterday at 11:36:27 PM
Quote from: E. Shaw on May 03, 2024, 06:33:09 PMI say 600 Million. Been a while since a Alien film.
Prometheus didn't even do those numbers with the return of Ridley Scott, after no Alien films for 15 years, and it was the highest grossing of the films.
Alien-Predator Literature / Re: New Alien Film Encyclopedi...
Last post by SiL - Yesterday at 11:28:59 PM
They were adamant they weren't changing it for Romulus, but unless that's no longer the case the book is outdated a year before it's released at this point.
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: All Star Wars
Last post by SM - Yesterday at 11:19:20 PM
Quote from: SiL on May 03, 2024, 12:49:28 PMI think it's cope now, isn't it?

I'm behind.

I have heard "cope and seethe", so maybe I got away with it?
Alien-Predator Literature / Re: New Alien Film Encyclopedi...
Last post by SM - Yesterday at 11:16:56 PM
Fox suggested adapting the internal Alien Creative Bible into an Encyclopedia in 2019, then Disney took over.  I mentioned it to Titan afterwards, and they asked me to pitch - then never responded.  It wouldn't have been an 'in-universe' one like this though.

Even though it was against my own interest, I thought a hardcopy encyclopedia wasn't the greatest idea because it's static, while online resources that already exist are way more dynamic.  And free.

It is strange that this has been in the works for so long and still not done.  It must to to include the new film/TV content.  And possibly reconcile whatever the TV show is doing to continuity.
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: The GODZILLA thread
Last post by [cancerblack] - Yesterday at 11:14:41 PM
The Japanese Bluray/digital release of Minus One, plus some accurate fansubs coming out now, means I finally get a chance to watch it.

Of course, now I just have to find a screen big enough to do it justice.
Alien Films / Re: Alien3 Legacy Cut
Last post by SM - Yesterday at 11:05:59 PM
Newt definitely suffered.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed