I really want your Opinions for a college fan made trailer.

Started by sollekram, May 03, 2024, 06:56:05 PM

Author
I really want your Opinions for a college fan made trailer. (Read 208 times)

sollekram

Hello!

I recently created a fan made trailer for the Alien 1979 movie for my college exercise which was to create a fan made trailer.
I tried to avoid show or spoil most of the stuff, and concetrate more on the facial expressions and the fear of the crew of the invisible terror that are up against.

And i really want to know if you liked it or do i need to make some adjustments?
Should i show xenomorph or keep it like that?
Your help will be appreciate!

Thanks!!!

Master Chief

The only thing I'd recommend changing is the font for the tagline.  Seemed a bit off.

Good job!

sollekram

Quote from: Master Chief on May 03, 2024, 07:35:02 PMThe only thing I'd recommend changing is the font for the tagline.  Seemed a bit off.

Good job!

Thanks!

The tagline "In Space No One Can Hear You Scream."?
What font you recommend on using ? Less boldly/stroke?

SM

Lots of typos.
Make it less linear. Throw scenes from different points of the film around a bit.
Remove Ripley saying "Human?"

SiL

Man I wish I'd seen this last month.

The biggest issue is there's just too much of the dialogue. The lines should be kept short; say as much with as little as possible.

"As some of you have worked out, we're not home yet. We're only halfway there. Mother has intercepted a transmission."
"What kind of transmission?"
"Unknown."

That's it.

Build some anticipation, then drop Ripley's "mother's translated part of the transmission. It looks like a warning."

Ramp up intensity, build to crescendo, drop a slow build scare at the end.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed