Rumor Control: Emma Watson in Talks for Alien Remake via SundaySport

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 10, 2020, 12:24:36 PM

Author
Rumor Control: Emma Watson in Talks for Alien Remake via SundaySport (Read 8,805 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah, this description definitely feels less "remake" (as in, what King Kong '05 is to King Kong '33) and more either "reboot" (what Kong: Skull Island is to King Kong '33) or partial sequel (what Terminator: Dark Fate to The Terminator and Terminator 2: Judgement Day).

Though it does also leave open the possibility, since it does involve a clone, that it could be totally in-continuity with everything that already exists and be set after Alien: Resurrection.

All that being said, I feel kind of silly putting even this limited amount of thinking into a poorly written article from a tabloid. :D

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Make it a Disney Musical PG-13 With Emma Watson singing with the Xenomorpth... Sounds about right.

son_of_kane

Quote from: Guts on Aug 16, 2020, 11:43:15 PM
Make it a Disney Musical PG-13 With Emma Watson singing with the Xenomorpth... Sounds about right.

"Ooh-bi-doo, I wanna be like you"  :laugh:

Kradan

Quote from: Guts on Aug 16, 2020, 11:43:15 PM

Xenomorph technically has two mouthes - so he is counted as two singers

RidleyScott99

I love Emma Watson. She has The most Beautiful Face. But I hate remakes. I prefer Ridley Scott Directing Emma Watson in ALIEN 5 or PROMETHEUS 2 or ALIENS 2 or COVENANT 2

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: RidleyScott99 on Sep 18, 2020, 02:46:45 AM
I love Emma Watson. She has The most Beautiful Face. But I hate remakes. I prefer Ridley Scott Directing Emma Watson in ALIEN 5 or PROMETHEUS 2 or ALIENS 2 or COVENANT 2

Imagine it actually being called "ALIENS 2".  And imagine Ridley Scott directing it.  :)

SiL

Thank you for the nightmare fuel, I was about to go to bed.

Voodoo Magic

Elmazalman

Not interested in a reboot nor remake of ALIEN. As far as I'm concerned, the film is as close to perfection as humanly possible. But, if this film does get made, I hope it leads to the rest of the films being released in a lavish 4K set.

Sigourney Weaver as Ripley, is irreplaceable.

judge death

Didnt disney say they wouldnt release 4K movies or indicating physical media of alien franchise some time ago? I doubt it if thats true and happens, sadly.

SiL

There was a rumour Disney was abandoning 4K/physical media, but then they said "No, we're still doing it for properties we deem it suitable for".

Take that as you will.

SM

I take it as 'Don't hold out for a 4K edition of The Cat From Outer Space'.

SiL

Give me 4K Fantasia or give me death*

*not actual death, just ... metaphorical death. Like ennui or something.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Elmazalman on Sep 19, 2020, 07:42:38 AM
Not interested in a reboot nor remake of ALIEN. As far as I'm concerned, the film is as close to perfection as humanly possible. But, if this film does get made, I hope it leads to the rest of the films being released in a lavish 4K set.

Agreed.  The only thing about the film that could really stand to be changed is updating the technology of all the human equipment....

...and that would ruin the film.

RidleyScott99

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Sep 19, 2020, 11:35:47 AM
Quote from: Elmazalman on Sep 19, 2020, 07:42:38 AM

Agreed.  The only thing about the film that could really stand to be changed is updating the technology of all the human equipment....

...and that would ruin the film.
Ridley Scott kind of explained this. The Characters of ALIEN are normal and low level people so low level tech makes sense. The Characters of PROMETHEUS are Billionaires so High Level Tech makes sense

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed