Alien 4: Critics Version

Started by Alien5, Mar 15, 2007, 02:42:09 AM

Author
Alien 4: Critics Version (Read 3,115 times)

SM

SM

QuoteCool idea, never thought of that before.

Steve Perry did though.

Pax

Pax

Yep.

-Pax

Alien5

Alien5

If they did make a robo-Ripley, then what would be the point of resurrecting her? In Alien Resurrection they brought her back because they wanted to duplicate the queen residing in her. Just thought I would ask, if anybody knows or could shed some light on possible reasons why?

SM

SM

They apparently had some way of 'downloading' Ripley's memories and then uploaded them into a synthetic after she died on Fiorina.  Can't remember exactly what the point was, but it all sounds rather bogus.

Essentially it was a solution to the fact that Ripley was originally in the Earth War comics which were produced prior to Alien3, and then novelised as The Female War post-Alien3.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Now they could just change the story again, and the timeframe, and it is her messed up clone. :P

Bah! get rid of Ripley, just forget about the character.

She was about as old as she could be for the last Alien movie she was in, and that was 10 years ago!

Even if she can get into shape for an A5, she would hog up half the budget for her paycheck.

F*** Ripley.

SM

SM

Yeah let's being back Lex!  She young and hawt!!

::)

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: SM on Mar 21, 2007, 09:01:54 PM
Yeah let's being back Lex!  She young and hawt!!

::)

>:(

Why do we even need an uber character any way?

You know. The ones who always know what to do and every one else just dies because everything they do is dumb. Seems to be a recurring theme.

Lex was a piss poor choice.

They have been going with that female in the lead hero role in Alien films now so much it has become cliché.

SM

SM

QuoteWhy do we even need an uber character any way?

Simple.  To avoid descending into the boring repetetive meat grinders that are Friday the 13th and Freddy Kruger franchises.  There's a revolving door of one dimensional victims who spend 3/4 of the film wondering what the hell's going on, then once they do work it out, get killed anyway.  Or get bumped off at the start of the next film.

Having someone like Ripley who knows stuff (even Gary Busey to a lesser extent in Predator 2), means the audience are more or less up to speed with the characters.  In AvP and no doubt in AvP2, the audience will be ahead of the characters, and will therefore appear to be stupid.  Hard to empathise with stupid characters.

fluxcap

fluxcap

Aliens Berserker: The Movie

I want an Alien movie with a high dead xeno count and a high ammunition count. I've just been looking to experience something similar to Aliens. Then Alien 5 could be the dark and more horror driven look into the origin of the Aliens and whatever links they have to the Space Jockeys.

Meatheads concept I think offers the best of both worlds. Plus the whole ending with the distress signal, a new hive and everyone dieing, a fitting end to an Alien film I say.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: Meathead320 on Mar 16, 2007, 07:27:52 PM
Ok, how to involve Ripley. We have her name referenced. That is all.

This way we don't have to spend 20 million dollars of the budget on Weaver.

The movie would take place in space, or an isolated planet, actually both.

The source of the Aliens could even be the derelict, which would not have been destroyed.

The story would be about a salvage team, similar to the ones who found Ripley in deep space at the Beginning of A2, and they would find another ship, where a similar event like on the Nostromo had taken place, only this time, it would be the entire ship, as the crew was killed before they could blow it.

Onboard would be a nest of Aliens, complete with a Queen. We would later learn what happened onboard, and find out they started with a single Adult Alien after one of the crew was infected, and then it had made several eggs out of some of the other crew members, including at least one that was Queen bearing.

Some crew members would have been used as hosts, and now there is a fully functioning hive on board.

The salvage ship would be huge, like a fully functioning city in deep space. Many different things to run, from the power supply to the food. For the deep space operations would have to be fully functioning communities in deep space, because supplies would not be able to be brought out so far on a consistent basis.

The movie would be about a fight for survival as the Aliens take over. Dwindling despair as those who are left are trying to lock themselves away from the Aliens.

Near the end would be the morbid realization of what they had done by sending out a distress signal.

The giant ship would make an emergency landing on some barren planetoid (not LV-426, but a different one) and the movie would end with the Aliens winning.

The audience would be stuck with the realization that this must have been what the events were like on the Derelict in the first Alien film.

At the end, this giant city in space, the deep salvage ship, would end up becoming just like the Derelict.

It would be a hive on a distant world, and with a continuous Distress signal being sent out.

And a warning.

I was just thinking. What if the aliens were stronger, more bulletproof? No fighting. Only running... and hiding.

SiL

SiL

Quotemore bulletproof?

Dan O'Bannon, Ronald Shusett, Giger, and Ridley Scott would be at your doorstep curb-stomping your ass into the pavement.

The Alien's not meant to be bullet proof. That's why it has acid blood.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: SiL on Apr 02, 2007, 02:47:32 AM
Quotemore bulletproof?

Dan O'Bannon, Ronald Shusett, Giger, and Ridley Scott would be at your doorstep curb-stomping your ass into the pavement.

The Alien's not meant to be bullet proof. That's why it has acid blood.

Ok then. How about more like the novel? Really strong.

SM

SM

They already are really strong.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: SM on Apr 02, 2007, 10:26:19 PM
They already are really strong.

Iv'e been trying to perfect the punching through steel thing. Once out of the cast I am back to it.   ;D

Dingo

Dingo

I've always had a big problem with this ever since I saw A4. How were they able to clone the Alien queen residing in Ripley? It makes no sense to me. The Alien inside her isn't part of her DNA makeup, so how could they clone it if they're clonging ripley? The only way around I can see is that they just clone the Alien Queen and put it in Ripley but if they just cloned the alien queen, they could just put it in anyone. The whole story on how the beginning of the movie starts is flawed. Another problem I had was Ripley and the queen alien exchaning some of they're DNA with each other. It just doesn't make sense.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed