Dumb things people say about either franchise or its characters

Started by underbound, Jul 06, 2013, 01:19:25 PM

Author
Dumb things people say about either franchise or its characters (Read 25,616 times)

The Runner

Quote from: underbound on Jul 08, 2013, 09:50:59 PM
I personally take EU canon(minus the super heroes line of it).
People say predators cannot beat the sh*t out of batman. Zombies could overrun aliens.

The latter I hear people saying "Zombeezz can bite teh ali3nzzz and turn them into zenobies". It's facking idiotic.

*Most topics are the Walking Dead "only human infected" type.
*Zombies wouldn't even be able to break a Xenos skin.
*Zombies only react aggresviely and pretty much only see heat giving lifeforms-Xenomorphs would be like a ghost to them.
*Given the fact that Xenomorphs are made for eating "Brains" more then zombies(seriously, they have a freaking inner jaw designed to reach them), I'd say Zombies are going to be like me seeing a bunch of oysters on the half shell.
*Even if somehow the Zombies are able to sense the alien, it's not like the xeno is going to sit there and allow itself to get surrounded(wait.....AVP:R Alien, GTFO). If it somehow finds itself surrounded, a creature that can rip through futuristic steel doors like wet paper, let alone a weak, rotting corpse? A lone adult Xenomorph would easily be mowing down hordes of Walkers left and right, let alone an entire pack of aliens.
*Zombie virus(The type in the topic that only infects humans), wait, how is it going to effect a life form with acid blood? Let alone with that, is likely also a silicon(Or who the hell knows) based lifeform.

And derp.

*Xenomorphs have zombies of their own(Prometheus).
Of which said black goo infected indivdual was pretty much 28 days latter infected on steroids. Walkers fall into black goo pit and they turn into aliens.

SizzyBubbles

Quote from: The Runner on Jul 06, 2013, 05:17:26 PM
*Xenomorphs are only about deadly as rattlesnakes.
*Facehuggers can only infect species with round faces.
*A grown man can melee kill a full grown xenomorph.
*Xenomorphs are only as intelligent as dogs.
*That xenomorphs would never kill or harm children or babies.
*Xenomorphs are 'the most pathetic monsters'.

so yeah....

http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab326/Alloclaw/predshit_zps4c1233d1.jpg

.____________.

blood.

Aliens is better then Predator.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: bloodinthemud on Jul 12, 2013, 07:31:26 AM

It is, by far.

But you know, my opinion =/= your opinion :)

Novak 1334

Both are better than Transformers movies....

See, levelled the playing field right there

demonbane

Quote from: SizzyBubbles on Jul 10, 2013, 04:21:51 AM
Quote from: The Runner on Jul 06, 2013, 05:17:26 PM
*Xenomorphs are only about deadly as rattlesnakes.
*Facehuggers can only infect species with round faces.
*A grown man can melee kill a full grown xenomorph.
*Xenomorphs are only as intelligent as dogs.
*That xenomorphs would never kill or harm children or babies.

so yeah....

http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab326/Alloclaw/predshit_zps4c1233d1.jpg

.____________.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8pwn56SGA1qdrpiw.jpg
You can blame AVPR for that. And yet, my faith in humanity drops whenever people try to defend that garbage.
Seriously, there is so much "everyone has different opinion" argument can hold up. But AVPR is inexcusable.

predxeno

Quote from: demonbane on Jul 12, 2013, 04:02:03 PM
You can blame AVPR for that. And yet, my faith in humanity drops whenever people try to defend that garbage.
Seriously, there is so much "everyone has different opinion" argument can hold up. But AVPR is inexcusable.

Then get ready to have your faith drop some more.  I love AVPR. :D

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

It's not my favorite Predator film in the franchise, but I'll watch it if its on.

We did get a peek at yet another comic book monster come to life, even if it wasn't as many would have preferred.  We also got the opportunity to dial in our "night vision," a peak at the Predator home world, and the little bonus with Ms. Yutani at the end. 

blood.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 12, 2013, 11:40:04 AM

It is, by far.

How could it be better? It doesn't have Ahnold in it.

(lol jk, I was just trying to rustle some jimmies)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: bloodinthemud on Jul 12, 2013, 08:37:26 PM

It is, by far.

Get to 'da dahpship!!! ;)

blood.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 12, 2013, 08:40:01 PM
Quote from: bloodinthemud on Jul 12, 2013, 08:37:26 PM

It is, by far.

Get to 'da dahpship!!! ;)

lol! it has a ring to it... I envision Hicks being played by ahnold, when the alien attacks them in the elevator and hicks gets burned, he says that, then rips his armor off and runs off randomly into the hive where he takes everything out with a big stick

demonbane

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Jul 12, 2013, 07:48:07 PM

It's not my favorite Predator film in the franchise, but I'll watch it if its on.

We did get a peek at yet another comic book monster come to life, even if it wasn't as many would have preferred.  We also got the opportunity to dial in our "night vision," a peak at the Predator home world, and the little bonus with Ms. Yutani at the end.
What are you talking about? Both franchises started as movies, not comics.
And just because it satisfied certain fan orgasm doesn't excuse poorly made movie. That is an ultimate excuse shitty studio and filmmakers bring all the time. Bad movies are only harmful to franchise. Other movie makers won't touch the franchise due to shrinking fanbase with each shitty release.

Hudson

The only thing I "love" about AvPR is when the Aliens attack the maternity ward. Genius.

TheMonolith

I liked when it ended.
Except that is when the murders began...

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: demonbane on Jul 12, 2013, 10:34:24 PM
Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Jul 12, 2013, 07:48:07 PM

What are you talking about? Both franchises started as movies, not comics.
And just because it satisfied certain fan orgasm doesn't excuse poorly made movie. That is an ultimate excuse shitty studio and filmmakers bring all the time. Bad movies are only harmful to franchise. Other movie makers won't touch the franchise due to shrinking fanbase with each shitty release.

AVP was a comic by Dark Horse.  The larger Predator design as well as the Predxeno was taken directly from the comic.  Anderson admitted to taking the designs from the EU. 

Even the human/predator team was in the comic first. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed