Recent posts

General Film/TV Discussion / Re: Dune Remake
Last post by Local Trouble - Yesterday at 06:24:11 PM
Dune ain't gonna sell any toys.  Hell, Star Wars doesn't sell toys like it used to.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Will Be A H...
Last post by Local Trouble - Yesterday at 06:23:33 PM
I'm on the edge of my seat.
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 31, 2024, 08:11:07 PMhttps://x.com/Collider/status/1796632041913499952

It's ironic because Dune, very, very strongly influenced Star Wars.

Quote from: The Cruentus on Yesterday at 05:39:33 PMI liked the original 1084 Dune but that movie did veer from the source material a bit, the whole point of the Messiah thing was to deconstruct it and show how bad it was for everyone, instead the 1984 movie played the trope straight instead and made Paul and the Freman more heroic with no jihad.

These new movies have been good as well and actually kept the deconstruction of the messiah/prophecy that the book did.

I liked the baroque look of the '84 film. And also the extra weirdness Lynch brought to the table. But yeah, Villeneuve's version is a much more faithful adaption of the book.
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: 3 Body Problem (Netflix)
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Yesterday at 06:21:58 PM
I haven't read the books so I don't know if it will be enough, but I'm glad it can have it's conclusion anyways.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Will Be A H...
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Yesterday at 06:17:44 PM
I'm curious to be reminded of what the "franchise" is about honestly.
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: Tomb Raider (reboot)
Last post by The Cruentus - Yesterday at 06:15:51 PM
I wonder how many reboots there are going to be. I did really like the first game of the survival trilogy, but I heard the other two tended to put too much emphasis on Lara killing folks instead of being a tomb raider
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: All Star Wars
Last post by Local Trouble - Yesterday at 06:13:44 PM
I just saw this.  Better than I expected.  It also had Ave Satani in it. :)

Recreational Area / Re: No Stupid Questions Thread
Last post by Corporal Hicks - Yesterday at 05:51:27 PM
Correct. Ra was actually a snake, not a grey alien. (in SG1 continuity)
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed