What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 592,427 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I've removed my number from the phone forwarding. Any problems can go to corporate.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

How long until you feel guilty or curious or bored and check your work email?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Not at all.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

How about anxiety and paranoia that something may be happening at work that you should know about as soon as possible?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I give him 48 hours until his compulsion is overwhelming.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Not a f**king chance. I'm not a manager or a lead, just an engineer working through service requests, I don't need to know what's going off. I've put together the request of my Alien minis from the base game of Another Glorious Day In The Cores and Get Away From Her You Bitch, just doing some secret squirrel work I've been putting off and gonna go pop Aliens shortly.  ;D

Local Trouble

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 22, 2021, 09:53:34 AM
finish gluing all the minis from Another Glorious Day and get some games in.

But are you scraping the mold lines/will you ever paint them?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 23, 2021, 09:24:30 PM

Might just give the Aliens a drybrush. Still got a bunch of Prodos ones that need painting.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I still reckon you should do your Prodos stuff with an ink wash over white in the red/green/blue faction colours. I can strongly recommend the Games Workshop/Citadel "Contrast" paints for a beginner. Essentially one coat over the spraycan primer, maybe a small touchup, then spray varnish, job done.

SiL

SiL

Thank you for this recommendation.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

You're quite welcome.

If you're completely green on this front, do some youtube browsing on the basics of using spraypaints on miniatures, and be prepared to shell out a few bucks for a can of something good that won't clog details or worse. Check out a few videos of people using the Contrast paints to get a feel for how much you should apply.

Protip: The larger the model, the more smooth or flat surface area there is likely to be. Ink washes don't always look their best over these surfaces, but if you carefully drybrush or sponge white or an off-white over the entire model, then apply a second, thinner coat of ink, you'll get it evened out.

Protip: Many models will have areas where ink pools too heavily after gravity and surface tension start to do their work. Have a brush or some tissue on hand to dab excess ink from those places, and keep an eye on them for the first 5 minutes or so.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 24, 2021, 09:52:29 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 23, 2021, 09:24:30 PM

Might just give the Aliens a drybrush. Still got a bunch of Prodos ones that need painting.

How's your time off so far?  Going crazy yet?

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Ordered a new computer chair to replace the current one giving me back pain after a long enough period, seat tilted down forward somewhat, both arms being kept on with lots of duct tape and lots of creaking noises even after I use lubricant.

Is my chair the Titanic?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed