What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 592,283 times)

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 14, 2021, 05:53:47 PM
Quote from: Crazy Rich on Feb 14, 2021, 05:38:10 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 14, 2021, 04:55:37 PM
Quote from: Crazy Rich on Feb 14, 2021, 01:13:28 PM
The life size The Child (Grogu) from Sideshow Collectibles arrived.

How does it actually look? I've got the Build-a-Bear one because everyone else's has looked horrifying to me.  :laugh:

Personally I think it looks incredible, which I'd expect when it was made in cooperation with Legacy Effects, the same studio that designed The Child for the show itself. My only "criticism"  would be that the cheeks seem more red, but I can't complain too much as it's awesome overall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8jtdfga6fg

The cheeks seem to be a common complaint but fortunately there seems to be an easy fix for it  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9JsVRWqckY

That's a nifty trick, but personally I'd rather leave it be rather than tamper with it, I'm not brave/bothered enough.

Huggs

Huggs

The cheeks seem to be a common complaint but fortunately there seems to be an easy fix for it.

Clenches?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Feb 14, 2021, 05:38:10 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 14, 2021, 04:55:37 PM
Quote from: Crazy Rich on Feb 14, 2021, 01:13:28 PM
The life size The Child (Grogu) from Sideshow Collectibles arrived.

How does it actually look? I've got the Build-a-Bear one because everyone else's has looked horrifying to me.  :laugh:

Personally I think it looks incredible, which I'd expect when it was made in cooperation with Legacy Effects, the same studio that designed The Child for the show itself. My only "criticism"  would be that the cheeks seem more red, but I can't complain too much as it's awesome overall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8jtdfga6fg

That looks damn good!!

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Feb 14, 2021, 07:05:21 PM
That's a nifty trick, but personally I'd rather leave it be rather than tamper with it, I'm not brave/bothered enough.

I get that.. Out of the crazier modifications people do, I liked this one because all it takes is some water and a bit of friction.

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 15, 2021, 02:05:02 AM
The cheeks seem to be a common complaint but fortunately there seems to be an easy fix for it.

Clenches?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I can't imagine spending the money on something that's surely so expensive and it not being just so.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

That's fair. I'm a modifier myself, but it's not for the faint of heart, that's for certain, especially when it's an expensive piece and you're dealing with tiny brushes in small places!

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 17, 2021, 02:21:09 PM
when it's an expensive piece and you're dealing with tiny brushes in small places!

I'm in an abusive relationship with Games Workshop, this is basically all I do.

Dachande

Dachande

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Feb 17, 2021, 03:06:24 PM
when it's an expensive piece and you're dealing with tiny brushes in small places!

I'm in an abusive relationship with Games Workshop, this is basically all I do.

Is there any other type of relationship with GW?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

No.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

The ALIEN cover variant for Captain America #27 & Black Widow #5 came out today. ;D

BlueMarsalis79

Kradan

Kradan

"BANG BANG BANG !!!"  :D

Which reminds me

https://youtu.be/gId2HsHvSgs

Stitch

Stitch

Managed to get a PS5 ordered at 1:51am today. It arrived at 4:40pm. Pretty chuffed I got one.

Still haven't played a game on it because transferring data is apparently too much of an effort for the PS5 to bother. I miss when a new console was set up in seconds, and you could be playing the latest games without having to do a load of digital filing.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

That's fair. I'm a modifier myself, but it's not for the faint of heart, that's for certain, especially when it's an expensive piece and you're dealing with tiny brushes in small places!

Only thing I've gotten comfortable with is dabbling in waterslide decals because it was necessary if I wanted to get the complete look for my Girls und Panzer tanks, I have the complete sets of the mini Nendoroid characters so naturally I have a lot of the tanks that can go with them. Got Micro Set/Sol and really did my research, then when actually doing it my autism was both a gift and a curse as I was really going 200% over precision and perfection and I thought laser pointers might start shooting out my eyes at some point.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I used to get stuck on things not being 100% accurate, but thankfully I've been able to improve in that area greatly. But still, once in a while I fall off that wagon!  :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed