Same Sex Marriage (Read 35,168 times)

Aspie

Aspie

'Splain the adoption part plz

Vulhala

Vulhala

Quote from: Aspie on May 26, 2014, 11:59:03 PM
'Splain the adoption part plz

I'm not simple or bigoted. Raising a child in a 'Gay' household does not automatically mean that that child will be gay because the parents are. People are born with their sexuality. It's not something one learns, nor is it a disease one can contract, and I personally don't believe it's influenced by the environment one is raised in. To flourish, all a child needs is love, encouragement, and stability. And food, obviously.

I was referring more to the adoption system and how they identify suitable foster parents. There is still a reluctance to allow gay couples to adopt, because there's still an institutionally ingrained opinion that all homosexuals are sex offenders. I have no problem with Gay couples adopting.

Sorry for being vague in the original post :)

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on May 20, 2014, 12:18:34 PM

No one in my Country is preventing it, which is why you anger me.
Perhaps your culture just hasn't advanced far enough.

http://media.tumblr.com/961fea48000897017c3d64c51103b8d1/tumblr_inline_mj95s7SFQ91qz4rgp.jpg

I really hope you used the wrong word because the gay/lesbian marriage is anything but "advanced".. Its military and workforce weakness - one perfect society is supposed to have enough workers to be self sufficient and enough soldiers to be able to defend itself. With allowing gay and lesbian marriage you will just add more costs without getting anything in return (more kids = soldiers/workers).  You can't populate new planet with only homosexual habitants because the whole colony will be whipped out in 100-150 years so yeah.. its more primitive thinking than advanced like you believe.

Sabby

Sabby

Okay, now you're giving us something to work with. Mind explaining how allowing those who are born gay to get married will somehow increase the numbers of people who are born gay, thus threatening population growth?

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

So we can just ignore the thousands of straight people who choose not to have kids?  I have plenty of friends who don't want to have children, myself included.   People still get married and don't have children, I don't see how gay marriage will be detrimental to our Military/worker future.  Humans will always have children, it's the best thing we're worst at.  My stance is I'm for gay marriage, I just hate all the pigeon holing that exists in the world, we are human beings first and foremost and should be entitled to the same rights as each other, gay, straight, lesbian and bisexual shouldn't even come into the equation.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Novak 1334 on May 27, 2014, 11:56:50 AM
So we can just ignore the thousands of straight people who choose not to have kids? 

We can atm but during war times or if there's great war upcoming having a children can become mandatory making the homosexual couples unable to comply.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

What nightmarish dystopia will this be?  And what about couples who cannot conceive? 

Sabby

Sabby

This is another one of those reasons that go like "Oh, it applies to everyone! But gays more"

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: WinterActual on May 27, 2014, 12:07:40 PM
So we can just ignore the thousands of straight people who choose not to have kids? 

We can atm but during war times or if there's great war upcoming having a children can become mandatory making the homosexual couples unable to comply.

Become mandatory? How does a nation enforce coupling having children?

BANE

BANE

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 27, 2014, 01:49:34 PM

Become mandatory? How does a nation enforce coupling having children?
Guns...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Gives a whole new meaning to the word, "squirt gun"...

Cvalda

Cvalda

WinterActual confirmed for fascist.

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Cvalda on May 27, 2014, 01:57:34 PM

WinterActual confirmed for fascist.

Not surprised.

Gate

Gate

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 27, 2014, 01:55:14 PM
Gives a whole new meaning to the word, "squirt gun"...
:o:o:o

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Quote from: WinterActual on May 27, 2014, 11:42:23 AM
I really hope you used the wrong word because the gay/lesbian marriage is anything but "advanced".. Its military and workforce weakness - one perfect society is supposed to have enough workers to be self sufficient and enough soldiers to be able to defend itself. With allowing gay and lesbian marriage you will just add more costs without getting anything in return (more kids = soldiers/workers).

...how does gay people getting married add "to the costs"?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed