Single Player Questions/Help Thread

Started by WeaN, Feb 14, 2010, 03:37:48 PM

Author
Single Player Questions/Help Thread (Read 60,647 times)

Namihana

Namihana

Who/what are the bosses for the Pred campaign?

Also, how long or short is it compared to the Alien and Marine campaigns?

And a question for all three campaigns, do you get anything at all when you finish them?

VEF214

VEF214

How would you rate the Marine A.I. dealing with the use of focus jump, cloaking, and mimicries.

Are there a lot of Marine vs. Alien battles?

Where do you find all your weapons?

Replay value?

MrBrokenTusks.

How long did each campaign take to complete? ie marine 6 alien 2 predator 3 (Like that)

nyce

nyce

Once again, are the aliens so slow like we saw in this marnie gameplay trailer? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW3X8lNx51I

Or they speed up as you play on higher difficult.

Toxicon

Toxicon

Quote from: Namihana on Feb 15, 2010, 03:19:41 PMWho/what are the bosses for the Pred campaign?

This.

WeaN

WeaN

Quote from: Namihana on Feb 15, 2010, 03:19:41 PM
Who/what are the bosses for the Pred campaign?

The bosses of the Pred campaign are ...

Spoiler
The Praetorian and the Predalien (as the final boss).
[close]

Quote from: Namihana on Feb 15, 2010, 03:19:41 PMAlso, how long or short is it compared to the Alien and Marine campaigns?
Quote from: Predator:o:95 on Feb 15, 2010, 03:25:24 PM
How long did each campaign take to complete? ie marine 6 alien 2 predator 3 (Like that)

Yeah, the Marine SP is definitely the longest. It has much more variety too, in terms of environnements.
As the Alien and the Pred, you basically backtrack or go through places you already visited as the Marine, except the Marines has a few exclusive areas (Pred also has one or two).
The Alien SP is clearly the shortest... Pred is just a bit shorter than the Marine's.

Quote from: Namihana on Feb 15, 2010, 03:19:41 PMAnd a question for all three campaigns, do you get anything at all when you finish them?

Apart from achievements, nothing I noticed yet.

Quote from: VEF214 on Feb 15, 2010, 03:21:24 PM
How would you rate the Marine A.I. dealing with the use of focus jump, cloaking, and mimicries.

Pretty dumb. Seriously, as soon as you get the hang of the Pred mechanics, Marines aren't a threat AT ALL.
You can just keep using the distracting device to lure one of them away from his squad, stealth kill and repeat until everybody's dead.
Some of them do have motion sensors (you can even hear it blip), so they will get alerted if you move too fast around them. They will fire blindly at times too.
If you stay still when cloaked they can't see you, they will only notice you if you let them come REALLY close. But even if that happens, you can easily dispose of them with melee (strong attack + light attack / trophy kill and it's over).

Quote from: VEF214 on Feb 15, 2010, 03:21:24 PMAre there a lot of Marine vs. Alien battles?

A few, yes. It's nice cause you feel like the Masterchief from Halo : CE during these parts, as you can choose to just let them fight and slip unnoticed, or butt in. Xenos will come after you if they survive the Marines though.

Quote from: VEF214 on Feb 15, 2010, 03:21:24 PMWhere do you find all your weapons?

Depends.

Spoiler
On the bodies of fallen comrades, or in Pred temple altars.
[close]

Quote from: VEF214 on Feb 15, 2010, 03:21:24 PMReplay value?

Probably worth replaying to get all the collectables (audio logs, royal jelly, Pred belts) or try to beat Nightmare mode.

Quote from: nyce on Feb 15, 2010, 03:25:32 PM
Once again, are the aliens so slow like we saw in this marnie gameplay trailer? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW3X8lNx51I

Already answered that on page 7 bro :)

Quote from: nyce on Feb 15, 2010, 03:25:32 PMOr they speed up as you play on higher difficult.

Only played Hard so far, so I can't tell just yet. They probably sustain and deal more damage on higher difficulties.

The_Silencer

How many polys has the first level?. Kidding.. :P

nyce

nyce

my sorry, thanks for the info anyway!

S.Y.L

S.Y.L

Quote from: AJL on Feb 15, 2010, 12:48:39 PM
Quote from: S.Y.L on Feb 15, 2010, 12:29:27 PM
Quote from: AJL on Feb 15, 2010, 08:14:14 AM
So... There is no crouch mode but how does this work in SP ??
same as it does in MP.... it`s not there.
.. are we not saying this right? :D

WE ? No.. YOU... You are not... Reading it right... (At all propably) ::)

I am guessing, as soon as you noticed the word crouch in there you
stopped reading (and of course missed the whole question) and you
just gave that same standard there is no crouch mode reply which
had nothing to do with my question... :-\

IF you would have read my post you should have noticed that I did
not ask how this Crouch mode (which don't exist) work in SP ::)

I asked how the SP works without it...

you`re dead right, i stopped reading entirely.
any question you may have regarding crouch is pointless BECAUSE it`s not there.
have you played the demo? it works like that but not online.

Baasje92

Baasje92

Spoiler
The Praetorian and the Predalien (as the final boss).
[close]

Spoiler
Damn nice, i would love to own the predalien  :D
[close]

MrBrokenTusks.

Is the marine campaign on its own (without the alien and pred ones added) longer than a normal fps like say call of dutys campaign ?

WeaN

WeaN

Didn't play CoD games.
Any average player could complete the Marine SP in one afternoon straight IMO.
Like I said, it's problaby gonna be 5 - 7 hours long depending on players.

MrBrokenTusks.

oh good so on average marine6 alien2-3 predator5-6 that is 20 hours in all is that how long it took you ?
:)

WeaN

WeaN

Pred took me about 4 hours. Alien took around 2 hours ... added with Marine's, that's about 12 hours.
For me.

xUSMCx

xUSMCx

Is tequilla sexy?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed