Single Player Questions/Help Thread

Started by WeaN, Feb 14, 2010, 03:37:48 PM

Author
Single Player Questions/Help Thread (Read 60,881 times)

MrBrokenTusks.

which is more entertaining so far marine or alien ? also do you think the overall story length is long enough. :)? sorry for all my questions the campaign is my favourite bit of any game.

Lil Theo

Lil Theo

Spoiler
So, what is the overall plot for Six? Is it true "she" becomes an alien Queen?
[close]

Le Celticant

Quote from: Lil Theo on Feb 14, 2010, 10:54:22 PM
Spoiler
So, what is the overall plot for Six? Is it true "she" becomes an alien Queen?
[close]

Spoiler
Yes it is. The ending is a bit weird but she became a Queen with a "blue" skin or something like that If I remember right.
[close]

Tempest-Warrior

As a marine, do you face any Predaliens?

Are there any other special alien 'breeds' then the one mentioned above?

Darkness

Darkness

Spoiler
Why was the Alien just laying on the ground after the battle with the Predators?
[close]

Taxemic

Taxemic

do you get to play as a facehugger at the begininning of the alien sp campaign like you do in avp2?

WeaN

WeaN

Quote from: nyce on Feb 14, 2010, 10:48:37 PM
Pls answer this: Are the aliens so slow as we have seen in the marine gameplay trailer? Walkin' like grandma's.

This is the video btw: http://www.youtube.com/watch#playnext=1&playnext_from=TL&videos=LAwdu5T4WzA&v=_gjMbawjZ4E

Yeah but this video is misleading. Most of the aliens caught in the field of view of the player were trying to initiate heavy attacks, that's why they were moving so slow. That's the "grandma's walking" you're referring to.
Also, this was a very confined space.
Don't worry, xenos usually move and run much faster in game.

Quote from: Tempest-Warrior on Feb 14, 2010, 11:07:13 PM
As a marine, do you face any Predaliens?

Spoiler
No you don't.
[close]

Quote from: Tempest-Warrior on Feb 14, 2010, 11:07:13 PMAre there any other special alien 'breeds' then the one mentioned above?

In the Marine campaign,

Spoiler
You only encounter 4 types of xenos : Warrior, Brown (Runner/spitter), Praetorian and Matriarch (Queen).
[close]

In the Alien campaign,

Spoiler
You move along and meet only 2 types of xenos : Warrior and Brown (you never actually get to meet the Matriarch in person).
[close]

Can't say about the Pred campaign since I haven't completed it yet.

Quote from: Darkness on Feb 14, 2010, 11:20:11 PM
Spoiler
Why was the Alien just laying on the ground after the battle with the Predators?
[close]

Not sure about which alien you are referring to.

Spoiler
You might be talking about Six. After the fight against the Preds, the Marine player kills the Queen, which causes Six to be in pain and fall on the ground, making it easy for a few synthetics to capture her.
[close]

Quote from: Taxemic on Feb 14, 2010, 11:52:09 PM
do you get to play as a facehugger at the begininning of the alien sp campaign like you do in avp2?

I'm afraid no. This was confirmed weeks ago, and having played the game I can second it.
But you get an awesome opening cutscene for the Alien SP. Trust me on this.

MrBrokenTusks.

which is more entertaining so far marine or alien ? also do you think the overall story length is long enough. ? sorry for all my questions the campaign is my favourite bit of any game

Taxemic

Taxemic

WeaN - thank you. this thread is awesome.

Lil Theo

Lil Theo

Do you often get to fight alongside other Xenomorphs?

EdFishy

EdFishy

Is Steam mandatory?

nico_celtic

nico_celtic

WOW! this thread its awesome!!! cant wait anymore!!

WeaN

WeaN

Quote from: Predator:o:95 on Feb 14, 2010, 11:55:55 PM
which is more entertaining so far marine or alien ? also do you think the overall story length is long enough. ? sorry for all my questions the campaign is my favourite bit of any game

I definitely had more fun with the Marine campaign. It's longer and has a better pacing overall. Much bigger environnements and action sequences.
The Alien SP is so short it feels like a gimmick... or a big tutorial for MP.
I'm not done with the Pred SP yet but from what I can see, I have a feeling it's gonna go down the same road as the Alien's.

Quote from: Lil Theo on Feb 15, 2010, 12:03:06 AM
Do you often get to fight alongside other Xenomorphs?

Not really.

Spoiler
Only at the beginning when Six frees the other xenos, and during the Predator fight at the end.
[close]

Quote from: EdFishy on Feb 15, 2010, 12:06:26 AM
Is Steam mandatory?

Can't say. I'm not playing on PC, unfortunately.

Guys I'm gonna be away for a while, but keep asking questions if you still have some ... I'll answer them soon.

VEF214

VEF214

I'm loving this spoiler thread... a lot.

:P

afrocat

afrocat

Me too. The only campaign I dont know about is the Pred campaign I wanted to play that for myself!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed