Splash Report Rumors

Started by ThePredatorUK, Feb 10, 2017, 09:01:54 PM

Author
Splash Report Rumors (Read 63,012 times)

skhellter

skhellter

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Feb 15, 2017, 04:48:00 PM
People still don't get that Shane Black is the director not the writer, Dekker is the main writer.Dekker is a master at nothing but B horror movies.

Black IS the co-writer of the Predator script.
Black & Dekker have worked together in the past for great effect. (Monster Squad!)
Dekker wrote the first draft on his own (with input from Black, who was working on his "Nice Guys" film at the time)
and then Black and Dekker colaborated heavily on the latest drafts.

We're in good hands.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 15, 2017, 10:55:33 AM
Weren't the Predators in Concrete Jungle (the game) near enough 10 feet tall? They towered over people way more than the film ones seemed to.

Scarface was bulkier than the average pred, he was tall compared to the human enemies but we don't know how tall the average human in the game was. He was probally around 8 ft tall.

10 ft is too way too much, this size difference is as big as the height difference between a human and an average pred.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Weren't the Predators in Concrete Jungle (the game) near enough 10 feet tall? They towered over people way more than the film ones seemed to.

I don't think any specified height was given but I do know that Scarface was pretty tall. In some instances if you put him next to a door in a level, he was taller than the door, but... I know in one level, I had him stand to a trailer truck and... he almost stood as tall as that. But I would say that might be an inconsistency with scaling real truck sizes or something. I dunno.

prometheusfire08

prometheusfire08

designs are not that important ???

pretty sure if the original predator was a pink blob , NONE of us would be sat having this conversation lol 😉

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Basically, yeah. For example, if a Predator was 12 feet tall, humans would reach the waste area I think. Scarface wasn't 12 feet tall, but pretty close to those kinds of ranges as he did tower over the humans. He could easily be around 9 to 10 feet tall. Stone Heart, one of the bosses on the other hand...

10 feet tall isn't that much of a difference from an 8 foot tall Predator, it's well within their height range.

In Rage War, they are descrbed as 9 feet tall, one of the main Predators is 9 feet tall, some of the cadavars brought to a lab are 9 feet tall. It's not that far fetched for aliens who inhabit different planets and some which have lighter gravity that could allow such heights due to less pressure.

I think 10 feet tall isn't going to be as far fetched as a 20 feet tall Predator.

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

If you guys had to guess what the budget for this Predator sequel is going to be, what would you say? Since this is suppose to be the biggest Predator film yet in scale and considered to be an event film I would say at least 100 million.

Stealth_Hunter

Stealth_Hunter

I don't think it'll be that high. I'm going to guess $70 million.

The Wolverine Predator

I'm guessing between $80-$100 Million

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

predator88

predator88

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Feb 15, 2017, 07:19:50 PM

Basically, yeah. For example, if a Predator was 12 feet tall, humans would reach the waste area I think. Scarface wasn't 12 feet tall, but pretty close to those kinds of ranges as he did tower over the humans. He could easily be around 9 to 10 feet tall. Stone Heart, one of the bosses on the other hand...

10 feet tall isn't that much of a difference from an 8 foot tall Predator, it's well within their height range.

In Rage War, they are descrbed as 9 feet tall, one of the main Predators is 9 feet tall, some of the cadavars brought to a lab are 9 feet tall. It's not that far fetched for aliens who inhabit different planets and some which have lighter gravity that could allow such heights due to less pressure.

I think 10 feet tall isn't going to be as far fetched as a 20 feet tall Predator.

But in this case we're talking about genetically modified predators,not another predator race. That is what makes this whole improved,bigger predator idea so bad.

Predator_Spirit

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: skhellter on Feb 15, 2017, 05:59:33 PM
Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Feb 15, 2017, 04:48:00 PM
People still don't get that Shane Black is the director not the writer, Dekker is the main writer.Dekker is a master at nothing but B horror movies.

Black IS the co-writer of the Predator script.
Black & Dekker have worked together in the past for great effect. (Monster Squad!)
Dekker wrote the first draft on his own (with input from Black, who was working on his "Nice Guys" film at the time)
and then Black and Dekker colaborated heavily on the latest drafts.

We're in good hands.

Shane Black just slightly polished the script wich was written by Fred Dekker.

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

I wonder why there is no new AVP or Predator game in the works. It would be perfect timing now with Alien Covenant Predator 4 on the lookout. Tomorrow will be the 7th anniversary of AVP 2010. That was a fun game I still play it time and time again. I wish more people played it still.

integer3

integer3

The concept of Predator 2.0 sounds great but the name sounds weak why can't Twentieth Century Fox Entertainment just call is the Apex Predator. The Name Apex Predator sound right and it makes it sound like it is not only a breed apart from the Predator and Super Predator, but it makes it a step up on the ladder. Apex Predator Has no Natural Enemies, all are his Prey for he is the Ultimate Hunter!

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: integer3 on Feb 16, 2017, 04:14:05 AM
The concept of Predator 2.0 sounds great but the name sounds weak why can't Twentieth Century Fox Entertainment just call is the Apex Predator. The Name Apex Predator sound right and it makes it sound like it is not only a breed apart from the Predator and Super Predator, but it makes it a step up on the ladder. Apex Predator Has no Natural Enemies, all are his Prey for he is the Ultimate Hunter!

I think "Predator 2.0" might be a placeholder. I doubt it'd actually be called that in the movie.

Like how the "Super Predators" aren't called that in the movie, they're called this outside to help us differentiate. "Oh yeah, those Super Preds in that one film," but in-universe, they could very easily just be the same as the Predators but just a different race. Like how we have Europeans, Asians, Africans and so on.

And the "Super Predators" are implied to be changing and modifying themselves, hence Berserker's drastic look. Maybe that's where the "super" comes from, not necessarily because they're actually better.

So who knows if this 2.0 will actually get an official in-universe name? Maybe a character might say "that's some kind of alpha" or something.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Feb 16, 2017, 05:08:27 AM
So who knows if this 2.0 will actually get an official in-universe name? Maybe a character might say "that's some kind of alpha" or something.

Stone Heart was supposedly an Alpha male according to his backstory in Concrete Jungle and he was HUGE.

I wouldn't mind a Predator like that... just remove the genetic modification part and make him naturally that way, I'm good and down with that.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Feb 16, 2017, 05:08:27 AMI think "Predator 2.0" might be a placeholder. I doubt it'd actually be called that in the movie.

Yeah, I highly doubt that's literally going to be its in-universe name.

I don't really see why there's so much grievance with the new Predator being a genetically modified freak. There could be any number of interesting reasons why it came to be, from some rouge nutjob Predator(s) making it for the anarchist lulz to something that was made for a legit purpose but got out of hand. What if there was something out there so threatening to the Predators they created this thing to fight it? That in itself could be an interesting angle.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed