Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 735,504 times)

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Stitch on Sep 18, 2021, 10:14:41 PM
Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Sep 18, 2021, 09:59:19 PM
Rewatched the Assembly Cut. You all are right, no explanation for the egg.
There's gotta be. We'll get there eventually.

"The truth is out there." Somewhere there is a plausible explanation, a cut of the film showing two eggs being planted on board by none other than.. Burke! Yes he survived! The Hive didn't want that low life as part of their collective, so they sent him with eggs. XD jk

Some Old Dude

Some Old Dude

Just a random thought I had since the super face hugger made an appearance while I was listening to Sea of Sorrows. What if it actually lives on the Queen somewhere and it detaches, or alternatively travels with her once it's born since it's less organic than the standard hugger.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Then what was the egg for?

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 19, 2021, 05:59:29 AM

The New Alien Cookbook. :p

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 19, 2021, 05:59:29 AM

Her pleasure.

LV-12986

LV-12986

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 25, 2021, 08:21:44 AM
It'd make more sense to not show any egg(s) at all because there's no way one could logically be there.

Sometimes you've just got to accept there was no thought into it and there's no explanation that makes any sense.

It makes me laugh how some people feel the need to fall all over themselves to try and explain the magic egg yet no one seems to care that the Sulaco has suddenly had a paint job in flight and is now brown instead of grey :laugh:

And a change of cryotube shape and design  :-X

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

It would be sweet if Fox made another official edit of A3 where they cut out the egg and fix some of those rod-puppet effect issues digitally (sizing and lighting) as well as the final moat/sacrifice scene, while adding the best parallel/alternate scenes from each previous cut/edition. Not that it's ever going to happen...

I just choose not to think about how the egg ended up there as it automatically ruins the Bishop character for me...

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

It doesn't ruin Bishop at all because there's no conceivable time frame in which he could've gone to recover an egg and take it to the Sulaco in time.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Yeah the Bishop argument had been settled and resettled many times over in this very thread.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 21, 2021, 11:05:15 AM
It doesn't ruin Bishop at all because there's no conceivable time frame in which he could've gone to recover an egg and take it to the Sulaco in time.

It's highly unlikely but not impossible that Bishop ran into some Xeno eggs once he left the rest of the team to crawl through that tunnel. As Bishop didn't have enough time to safely store the egg on the Sulaco without it being detected (or triggered to hatch) by Ripley & Co, he quickly hid it before going back to. The planet. He planned to analyze it etc. after Ripley & Co had entered cryosleep. But as he was torn to shreds by the queen he was incapable of relocating and storing the egg safely elsewhere one the ship as planned. Where those Colonial Marines directives/programming or W-Y directives/programming? I don't know.

All I'm saying that it's highly unlikely and un-Bishop-like, even convoluted and bordering to 'unrealistic', that Bishop is the one responsible for the egg's placement on the Sulaco, but it's far from impossible.

SiL

SiL

The only time Bishop left the moon, Ripley and co were with him.

426Buddy

426Buddy

By the time the second dropship touched down,  Ripley and Hicks were with Bishop so he wouldn't have been able to stow them aboard secretly and under the countdown.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

He could've still boarded the second dropship, taken it to the Sulaco, quickly hide the egg and then bolt back to the colony to pick up the survivors. It's defenitely a stretch and defenitely sound beyond time-optimistic with a huge window of failure, which would directly have Bishop responsible for knowingly prioritizing alien life over human life, but still... He is a company asset.

Again, I don't like that explanation at all as I rather just interpret the opening of A3 as a semi-awake, semi-cryosleep dreamlike nightmare blur of what actually happened. To me it's a mystery rather than a plot hole. It doesn't affect the rest of the movie for me other than setting the tone (it's a great opening sequence with or without the egg).   

426Buddy

426Buddy

People have already worked out the amount of time it takes the dropship to travel to the colony from the sulaco. He would need hours to do it not 20 minutes. It's not just a minor time discrepancy it's ginormous. Like I said also when the second drop ship arrives bishop is still on the ground and Ripley and Hicks are there to meet him.

Believe me every aspect has been combed through and given pages upon pages debate in this very thread. Bishop could not have put the eggs on the Sulaco given what we are shown in the film. You might as well say the egg just grew there by itself.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: 426Buddy on Sep 21, 2021, 08:54:22 PMPeople have already worked out the amount of time it takes the dropship to travel to the colony from the sulaco.

Bishop himself said it was "about fifty minutes flight-time" and that was going WITH the gravity.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed