Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 735,520 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Agree?

This is no place for consensus.

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Or we just admit it was a plot hole that nobody cared about when writing the script just so they could make a third movie. And we're just idiots trying to figure it out xD  ;D

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

It's not even really in the script, it was thrown in towards the end. I seriously f**king hate the term plot hole but this c**t is a plot chasm.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Inverse Effect on Sep 26, 2021, 07:06:56 AM
Or we just admit it was a plot hole that nobody cared about when writing the script just so they could make a third movie. And we're just idiots trying to figure it out xD  ;D

Fanboy is gotta fanboy. We all know it's a plot hole and there's no way around it. But where's fun in just admitting that ?

judge death

judge death

Most logical explanation to date in my mind:
The alien queen onboard the drop ship, laid a small emergency egg, which is mostly a embryo, which she hid in the upper part of the rear landing bay(which the bluray menu shows too). There it grew to a size where the facehugger is mature enough, unlike normal eggs they are smaller and cant sustain the facehugger for as long hence it will hatch. It takes longer to gestate than a normal egg as well hence it was hatching well into the return home for sulaco.
The facehugger is a queen carrying one, either it looks like a normal facehugger or like super facehugger depending on which version you watch, it can also implant another embryo into a different host which will act as the queens protector.

problem solved^^

SiL

SiL

Except the egg obviously isn't in the landing leg in the movie. If it was, there would never have been an issue.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It's in the maintenance corridor adjacent to inside of the landing strut. 😋

judge death

judge death

Quote from: Trash Queen on Sep 26, 2021, 11:02:58 AM
Correct, can see the bulkhead and cramped interior, which would be the case when placed here, I even made a sketch of the location the queen could easily have placed it, and that section is pretty much the frame and wiring and the mentioned bulkheads planes, jet planes etc is designed with:

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

I was going to continue where I left off, but whoa there's been a lot of activity since then. Several pages worth.

Anyways, I found this interesting explanation on Quora, which explains more in detail how Bishop technically could have done it without playing the relativity of time in movies card too hard...

"" 1. He volunteers to remote pilot the dropship from the Sulaco. In doing so he provides an exaggerated timeline as to how long it will take to crawl down the pipe to the uplink tower, how long it will take to align the dish (come on... it takes an hour to align the dish!?), and the flight time of the dropship itself. This gives him the time he needs.

2. Using his extra time, he brings down the dropship, grabs a couple of eggs (found some along the way to the antenna or even went back to the Derelict), docks with the Sulaco and places the eggs in the ship and in the escape pod area to ensure that there will be at least one xenomorph survivor, and then flies back to the uplink tower to await the arrival of the survivors. The facehuggers, of course, do not attack him because he is not organic and therefore is not a viable host.

3. To cover his ruse, he remote pilots the drop ship into the air so it can be seen landing when the survivors arrive.
Because he must have surviving hosts for the facehuggers, he is diligent to tend on everyone's wounds, and save Ripley and Newt (even after he is ripped in half!). His motivation is never to benefit the humans, only to assure the survival of viable hosts for the eggs he has placed. ""

...Just wanted to share that.

In the end they should just cut out the egg from the opening sequence, or digitally alter its surroundings/placement on screen. It's an easy fix because walking/crawling eggs or good ol Bishop being yet another evil company android are not the kind of explanations we want because they seem forced and out of character based on what we've seen in the movies.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: judge death on Sep 26, 2021, 11:14:04 AM
Correct, can see the bulkhead and cramped interior, which would be the case when placed here, I even made a sketch of the location the queen could easily have placed it, and that section is pretty much the frame and wiring and the mentioned bulkheads planes, jet planes etc is designed with:

Did you drew this ?  :o

Huggs

Huggs

The answer is quite simple, really.

Spoiler
[close]

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Sep 26, 2021, 04:11:04 PM

"" 1. He volunteers to remote pilot the dropship from the Sulaco. In doing so he provides an exaggerated timeline as to how long it will take to crawl down the pipe to the uplink tower, how long it will take to align the dish (come on... it takes an hour to align the dish!?), and the flight time of the dropship itself. This gives him the time he needs.
You'd think someone like Hudson, the highly panicky commtech, would jump on Bishop if he thought his numbers were whack.

Quote..Just wanted to share that.
Like every "Bishop did it" scenario, it requires a lot of facts not in evidence and ignoring what's established. You might as well claim the egg teleported.

Kradan

Kradan

I hate "Bishop did it" explanation so much. If it was a person I would probably spit in its face. And hit it with a shovel

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

It's not on the dropship because the stanchion is obviously marked "SULACO".

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

You can literally see the tongue in my cheek. lol

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed