Noah Hawley Explains Why ‘Prometheus’ Isn’t “Useful” for His ‘Alien’ Prequel

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 13, 2024, 12:24:45 PM

Author
Noah Hawley Explains Why ‘Prometheus’ Isn’t “Useful” for His ‘Alien’ Prequel (Read 37,991 times)

BlueMarsalis79

Nah. From now on The Pathogen only creates Neomorphs, and only androids can manipulate it because of their immunity, and the Pilots, Titans, Ossians, Space Jockey whatever, actually created the Engineers.
(A question asked by Prometheus itself.)

Slutty Badger

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Feb 10, 2024, 02:55:42 AMNah. From now on The Pathogen only creates Neomorphs

With or without acid blood? 'Cos the Neomorphs in Covenant don't have it, and the Neomorphs in Inferno's Fall do.

SM

Someone wasn't paying attention- or is this another "strain"?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Some Old Dude on Feb 10, 2024, 02:35:48 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 09, 2024, 11:53:40 AMNo! Bad NA! He can be in the suit. He can be in a chair. But he cannot be in THE chair. It's not allowed.

Absolutely. David should have absolutely nothing to do with the downed ship on LV-426. I like to think the Jockey is a more ancient ancestor of the Engineer, or even their creator.

I think if davidjockey becomes a widely touted fan theory, it could actually pre-empt Ridley from doing this (assuming he ever gets to make a third prequel).

He'll seek out some other unexpected twist, rather than playing into something expected.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: SM on Feb 10, 2024, 09:17:31 AMSomeone wasn't paying attention- or is this another "strain"?

IT'S ANOTHER STRAIN!

SiL

Not paying attention it is.

SM

Slutty Badger

Apparently the pathogen dumped on Shānmén was reverse-engineered by Deep Void from a recipe found on an Engineer ship.

[cancerblack]

BigDaddyJohn

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 10, 2024, 09:31:56 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 09, 2024, 11:53:40 AMNo! Bad NA! He can be in the suit. He can be in a chair. But he cannot be in THE chair. It's not allowed.

Absolutely. David should have absolutely nothing to do with the downed ship on LV-426. I like to think the Jockey is a more ancient ancestor of the Engineer, or even their creator.

I think if davidjockey becomes a widely touted fan theory, it could actually pre-empt Ridley from doing this (assuming he ever gets to make a third prequel).

He'll seek out some other unexpected twist, rather than playing into something expected.

Ridley was definitely heading towards David being in the Jockey suit we see in ALIEN. There were drafts of his 3rd film put together, and my understanding from the folks in the know is he was planning on tying the derelict from ALIEN to David. Like it or not, they were trying to connect it all.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Feb 14, 2024, 06:13:43 PMThere were drafts of his 3rd film put together, and my understanding from the folks in the know is he was planning on tying the derelict from ALIEN to David.

Whoa.... :o

The idea has been on the boards for years, but this makes it official!

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Feb 14, 2024, 06:13:43 PMRidley was definitely heading towards David being in the Jockey suit we see in ALIEN. There were drafts of his 3rd film put together, and my understanding from the folks in the know is he was planning on tying the derelict from ALIEN to David. Like it or not, they were trying to connect it all.

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 14, 2024, 06:19:10 PM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Feb 14, 2024, 06:13:43 PMThere were drafts of his 3rd film put together, and my understanding from the folks in the know is he was planning on tying the derelict from ALIEN to David.

Whoa.... :o

The idea has been on the boards for years, but this makes it official!

IIRC I think this was talked about somewhere else recently as well. I want to say it was in the podcast with the guys involved with the AVP anime, where they revealed that Ridley's third prequel was to be titled "Alien: Destiny."

Local Trouble

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Feb 14, 2024, 06:13:43 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 10, 2024, 09:31:56 AM

Ridley was definitely heading towards David being in the Jockey suit we see in ALIEN. There were drafts of his 3rd film put together, and my understanding from the folks in the know is he was planning on tying the derelict from ALIEN to David. Like it or not, they were trying to connect it all.

@Corporal Hicks ☝️🤣

Mike’s Monsters

That's not to say if it went further into production that things would have changed. But the initial story layouts had David connecting to the derelict. Some folks could have told Ridley to back off on that idea if it had more time to marinate. But they cut down the 3rd entry and Blomkamp's production in pretty close time frame. Not exactly the same day or month or anything, but the Alien movie projects before the buyout all kind of shut down around a close window of time.

It was mostly Fox who shut it all down after the lack of performance of Prometheus and Covenant, but we already know all about that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed