Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 958,566 times)

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jun 18, 2010, 01:47:32 AM
As a gameplay enthusiast, I found myself sorely disappointed. As a story enthusiast, I was also disappointed. It was all pretty good, until the General (forget his name) turned and
Spoiler
killed you.
[close]
Seriously, it made no sense. Why the hell would he do that? It's not like he'd broken laws, or caused the Russians to invade the States. After that point, the whole thing was stupid. Although, I did rather like pulling the knife out of my chest. :)

He was a merc I believe, hired by Makarov (I think....I guess....Idk) that is why his troops are those Shadow guys in black at the end of the game. Quite a useless twist, seems only used to create a new enemy to make another reason to continue the franchise, or just to kill one of the best characters in MW2, Ghost.

I don't care for MW2 myself, I'd rather play ArmA 2.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

As a gameplay enthusiast, I found myself sorely disappointed. As a story enthusiast, I was also disappointed. It was all pretty good, until the General (forget his name) turned and
Spoiler
killed you.
[close]
Seriously, it made no sense. Why the hell would he do that? It's not like he'd broken laws, or caused the Russians to invade the States. After that point, the whole thing was stupid. Although, I did rather like pulling the knife out of my chest. :)
He betrayed the Task Force 141 because you had the last remaining evidence (The DSM) of his deal with Makarov to spark the war between the States and Russia. On the level 'No Russian', the man you play as, Joseph Allen, was picked to be that spark, so unbeknownst to him, the raid on the Airport would have been his death either way, no matter who it was by. Finding an American body as being on of the 'Terrorists' (and after this had been reapeatedly set up in many other raids), this caused the Russians to disregard any form of protocol, and therefore invade US soil.

This was the plan of Shepherd and Makarov, as Makarov wanted regenge for the death of the leader Imran Zakhaev (first game), and Shepherd wanted to lead a full fledged war against Russia to once again reclaim the title as the world's deadliest military force for the United States (and I'm sure there were some selfish 'hero' reasons in there). In the first game, when you died as the US Rangers Sergeant Jackson in the nuke, everybody caught in that explosion was under the command of, yes, General Shepherd. So naturally, Shepherd wanted redemption, no matter the extremes.

And the rest is pretty self-explanitory. I picked most of that (enough) up on my first playthrough, because I'm a huge freak about the Modern Warfare story.. and when you were being carried toward Shepherd, and the dramatic music played, I just knew there was something wrong.

Two notes:
.1- The Russians that you were killing in the United States missions were'nt actually bad- just horribly mislead- all of them.
.2- The Americans that work for Shepherd toward the end of the game, aren't normal US Rangers.. they are specialized Mercs, American terrorists hired by Shepherd as a personal task force (like TF 141, but much more, er, evil.)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jun 18, 2010, 03:55:20 AM
Spoiler
killed you.
[close]
He betrayed the Task Force 141 because you had the last remaining evidence (The DSM) of his deal with Makarov to spark the war between the States and Russia. On the level 'No Russian', the man you play as, Joseph Allen, was picked to be that spark, so unbeknownst to him, the raid on the Airport would have been his death either way, no matter who it was by. Finding an American body as being on of the 'Terrorists' (and after this had been reapeatedly set up in many other raids), this caused the Russians to disregard any form of protocol, and therefore invade US soil.

This was the plan of Shepherd and Makarov, as Makarov wanted regenge for the death of the leader Imran Zakhaev (first game), and Shepherd wanted to lead a full fledged war against Russia to once again reclaim the title as the world's deadliest military force for the United States (and I'm sure there were some selfish 'hero' reasons in there). In the first game, when you died as the US Rangers Sergeant Jackson in the nuke, everybody caught in that explosion was under the command of, yes, General Shepherd. So naturally, Shepherd wanted redemption, no matter the extremes.

And the rest is pretty self-explanitory. I picked most of that (enough) up on my first playthrough, because I'm a huge freak about the Modern Warfare story.. and when you were being carried toward Shepherd, and the dramatic music played, I just knew there was something wrong.

Two notes:
.1- The Russians that you were killing in the United States missions were'nt actually bad- just horribly mislead- all of them.
.2- The Americans that work for Shepherd toward the end of the game, aren't normal US Rangers.. they are specialized Mercs, American terrorists hired by Shepherd as a personal task force (like TF 141, but much more, er, evil.)

That's... that's just stupid. What evidence did you have? Where did you get it? The plot was fine up until that point.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jun 18, 2010, 03:58:20 AM
What evidence did you have? Where did you get it?
To do with Shepherd being the commander of the men in the first game:
"Five years ago, I lost 30,000 men in the blink of an eye. And the world just f**kin' watched. Tomorrow there will be no shortage of volunteers, no shortage of patriots. I know you understand."

What are you referring to, specifically? Because the rest is pretty much common knowlege, and small but important plot details.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

What evidence that he helped Makarov? I played the game; I didn't notice anything even hinting to that.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Oh, that's simple- Priviate Allen thought that when he entered the Airport with those Russian terrorists in 'No Russian' that he was there to infiltrate- little did he know, that Shepherd had sent him to die, and be the dead American that both Makarov and Shepherd needed.

Much later, when you raided Makarov's safehouse and recovered a DSM, that had proof that Shepherd and Makarov had a deal going with the Airport attack.. which is how Makarov knew Allen was American. This would be the Task Force's last mission for Shepherd, as all evidence needed to be destroyed- which is why this little DSM Memory Storage device was so important for Shepherd to have not exist. So that is why he kills you; complete cover-up.

(Writing from an iPhone.. going to see The A-Team  :))

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jun 18, 2010, 04:03:23 AM
"Five years ago, I lost 30,000 men in the blink of an eye. And the world just f**kin' watched. Tomorrow there will be no shortage of volunteers, no shortage of patriots. I know you understand."

Was that refering to the Nuke in the first game?

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Private Hudson on Jun 18, 2010, 04:15:56 AM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jun 18, 2010, 04:03:23 AM

Was that refering to the Nuke in the first game?
Yes indeed it is.

Also, the theme of History Being Written by the victor? A huge part of the story.

Sorry if I'm nerding out here, but I just find it to be quite a fascinating story!  :)

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Ok, been wondering what the hell he was talking about since he said that.

xxxBIOHAZARDxxx

xxxBIOHAZARDxxx

Mortal Kombat: Armageddon

dallevalle

dallevalle

Resident evil 2

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

Mass Effect 2.

DARIAS93

DARIAS93

Resident Evil 5

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Star Wars Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast

Quote from: xxxBIOHAZARDxxx on Jun 18, 2010, 07:29:13 AM
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon

great game, best single player story mode in a fighting game ever.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed