Currently Playing (Read 958,663 times)

predalien27

predalien27

My PS3 just broke.   :(

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: predalien27 on Apr 09, 2010, 07:47:16 PM
My PS3 just broke.   :(
How :( mine has been lagging a lot lately since the last update.

predalien27

predalien27

Yellow light.  It has been weirdly overheating lately, so either the fan broke or something inside melted.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: predalien27 on Apr 09, 2010, 07:52:33 PM
Yellow light.  It has been weirdly overheating lately, so either the fan broke or something inside melted.
I take it is a fat ?

Raven

Raven

I had the original 'fat' PS3 for a while and it broke relentlessly, not had any trouble with the 'slim' though

predalien27

predalien27

Quote from: MrBrokenTusks. on Apr 09, 2010, 07:55:10 PM
Quote from: predalien27 on Apr 09, 2010, 07:52:33 PM
I take it is a fat ?
Yup!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Is it a launch model?

predalien27

predalien27

No, I got the shafted version without any PS2 backwards capability and the other goodies.

Huol

Huol

Now playing dragon age origins

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

was online with AvP and Modern Warfare 2

Keg

Keg

Ive got a 40gb fat model from just after they removed backwards compatibility and ive had it for 2 1/2 years now. No problems so far but considering the way things dont seem to last the way they did years ago (i'm looking at you ipod) I wouldnt be shocked if it suddenly packed up. I use it quite alot too. If I can get 3 years out of it i'll be very happy considering the horror stories i've heard about earlier models of the 360, although I hear they're a hell of alot better now thankfully because I'm planning on getting one.

For a whole year I had the console inside a tight little cupboard with barely an inch on everyside of it. The fan would be on constantly for hours and hours and it was really loud. It took me ages to realise it was because the console was getting stupidly hot in such a small space and so ever since I move it out into the open on the floor when I use it and even if I play for hours the fan never needs to kick in. I reckon that mustve took some life out of it when it eventually goes.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Everything and anything Halo, as well as L4D 1 and 2.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Keg on Apr 10, 2010, 12:32:41 PM
Ive got a 40gb fat model from just after they removed backwards compatibility and ive had it for 2 1/2 years now. No problems so far but considering the way things dont seem to last the way they did years ago (i'm looking at you ipod) I wouldnt be shocked if it suddenly packed up. I use it quite alot too. If I can get 3 years out of it i'll be very happy considering the horror stories i've heard about earlier models of the 360, although I hear they're a hell of alot better now thankfully because I'm planning on getting one.

For a whole year I had the console inside a tight little cupboard with barely an inch on everyside of it. The fan would be on constantly for hours and hours and it was really loud. It took me ages to realise it was because the console was getting stupidly hot in such a small space and so ever since I move it out into the open on the floor when I use it and even if I play for hours the fan never needs to kick in. I reckon that mustve took some life out of it when it eventually goes.

Never had a problem with mine. I bought the MGS 4 bundle which was the last of BC models and it's never acted strange in any way.

Keg

Keg

Never had a problem with mine either. The fan coming on and being very loud was down to it being in an unventilated tight space so after a while it was basically sitting in an oven. Keep it out in the open and you wont hear a peep out of it.

Nope

Nope

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 10, 2010, 02:48:44 PM
Quote from: Keg on Apr 10, 2010, 12:32:41 PM

Never had a problem with mine. I bought the MGS 4 bundle which was the last of BC models and it's never acted strange in any way.
How is MGS 4?, im pondering if i should buy it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed