Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 958,652 times)

Xenokiller

Xenokiller

Dead Space and Soul Calibur and soon Dead Island

Terx2

Terx2

Skyrim. My argonian vampire hungers for adventure and dragon slaying. Trying to compete the dark brotherhood quests.

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Mass Effect 3. Just spent an entire match trapped in a glitch. Managed to record about ten minutes of it.

Nightlord

Nightlord

Medieval II TW Crusades campaign

Skyrim

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Skyrim

Lie

Lie

Naruto but soon it will be Skyrim.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Skyrim, I'm now level 36.

Why does it feel like I got the "Blood's Honour" quest (Companions faction) quicker than usual? I feel like I should of taken out one more Silver Bood base before this quest.

I've actually been reading some interesting history books and talking with people.

I even got over 1,200 coin just for doing a bounty I was given by a Windhelm fisherman to take out a fisherman gone bandit.

Keg

Keg

Syndicate.

First time playing this. It looked pretty appealling to me when it was released a few months back, kinda like a "switch your brains off, action heavy, version of Deus Ex: HR. I was going to pick this up on release but I picked up Binary Domain instead which turned out to be absolutely superb.

So here goes...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

fluxcap described it as a cross between Deus Ex: HR and CoD. That would sound like a great combo but for some reason, Syndicate wasn't that well received. Let me know how it is.

WinterActual

WinterActual

I don't liked it. Its way to short and also you know the "all lights and sun beams in your eyes" effect in BF3? Well in Syndicate its the same but multiply it by 1 000 000 :/ The stuff I liked are the badass characters and some cool melee moves lol

Keg

Keg

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 17, 2012, 05:48:34 PM
fluxcap described it as a cross between Deus Ex: HR and CoD. That would sound like a great combo but for some reason, Syndicate wasn't that well received. Let me know how it is.

I think its pretty good if you can pick it up cheap which you should be able to now. I got it new for £20 in the UK. The gameplay is alot of fun and for a FPS it's actually quite difficult even on normal which is a nice refreshing change.

The similarities to Deus Ex: HR come thick and fast. Visually it looks like it could actually be set in the same continuity as Deus Ex which in my eyes is no bad thing. The story is very similar too with the idea of competing mega corporations and enhanced human beings (this time with chips and brai nimplants instead of augmentations). There's even a underclass / forgotten society / terrorist slant to the story with those oppossed to the whole thing just like Deus Ex. Also there are countless forms of intel to discover wether its information on different companies, to news reports, subliminal messages hidden on posters and information on characters and events. As with Deus Ex its not necessary to hunt out and read all these extras but they help to reveal alot of information about the world and the events linked to the plot and I'd recommend doing so because the story is very basic and requires you to connect the dots yourself so reading all the info given to you helps flesh it out.

One of the things I did like about the campaign was the voice acting as they got some pretty big names for the lead roles. You've got Brian Cox, Rosario Dawson and Michael Wincott (the gruff voiced guy from Alien Resurrection) as the three main characters with the playable character being a silent protagonist. It's a pretty straight forward, linear FPS, heavy on the action but it plays very well and the way you can manipulate environments and enemies with your chip keeps it fresh and means its not just a matter of running and gunning through every area.

Overall its an enjoyable FPS with a few neat little extras but its nothing special. I'd give it a solid 7/10 and I'd say it's worth checking out if you can pick it up cheap (used copies should be dirt cheap now). Its not a long game, but its not painfully short as some have led me to believe. Took me about 8 hours to beat it on normal (granted I was taking my time to hunt out as much intel as I could and I was stopping to read everything I found but that's all part of the game) so I've played much shorter FPS (some COD titles for a start). I hear the best part of the game is actually the co-op which I tried for about half an hour but havnt got into it much yet. The co-op has you and three other agents taking on industrial espionage assignments in various locations around the world and you must work together as a team to achieve your goals. The co-op has alot of features and tools at your disposal that the single player didnt have and from the one assignment I did play I thought it was superb so I think I will invest some time into the co-op to see all the different levels.

One final thing is that the weapons in the game are actually pretty damn good. Alot of them have secondary fire modes and some of them have cool features like tagging enemies (think the Bullseye in Resistance) and a few of the weapons are just flat out insane fun. The laser gun tears room fulls of enemies to pieces and the flamthrower in this game is so much fun to use which is great because alot of games really f**k up the flamethrower. It's quite a brutal game too with limbs coming off and heads exploding and theres some pretty graphic melee moves. If youve got a weapon powerful enough you can literally blow enemies into pieces with shotguns or cut them clean in half with mini-guns.

So yeah another solid FPS from Starbreeze (Chronicles of Riddick, The Darkness) that I'd recommend but don't expect anything mindblowing.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I kinda, would expect something mindblowing from Starbreeze. They published CoR for God's sake, a game that by all rights was supposed to suck but didn't!

WinterActual

WinterActual

With all this Syndicate talk I decided to download the original one (the remastered GoG version though)  ;D

Pred-man201

Pred-man201

Saints Row: The Third, Mortal Kombat, Skyrim, & Mass Effect 3 :)

r888

r888

Dead space 2

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed