Just Talk.

Started by Amaterasu, Aug 22, 2013, 02:02:12 AM

Author
Just Talk. (Read 612,955 times)

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 09, 2019, 02:37:40 AM
I think it's important to make a distinction between Muslim people and the doctrines of Islam.

You could make it, but it doesn't change anything. It's an evil cult.
There's not one muslim country where women and homosexuals have a lot of rights.

Quote from: SiL on May 09, 2019, 02:59:20 AM
...being a woman isn't a belief system. How is this a relevant comparison?

It's not just about the belief system.
What I'm trying to point out is that when could you decide that it's either a person who speaks from experience, or a someone who does it out of self loathing.

Quote from: SM on May 09, 2019, 02:40:19 AMThe point is you missed the point and resorted to irrelevant whataboutery.

You talk (complain) about men who are (supposed to be) anti-women.
Then you do the same about a guy who's against a group of people who are also anti-woman. And anti-gay which you put in the same list.

Quote from: Huggs on May 09, 2019, 02:44:37 AM
Ah, politics.

What a blessing to humanity.

I agree but I'm bored. And it's actually fun for a change. Something else than ponies and Aliens' cast.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on May 09, 2019, 03:05:00 AM
I think it's important to make a distinction between Muslim people and the doctrines of Islam.

There's not one muslim country where women and homosexuals have a lot of rights.

You're not wrong about that.

SM

SM

Quote from: SiL on May 09, 2019, 02:59:20 AM
...being a woman isn't a belief system. How is this a relevant comparison?

What I'm trying to point out is that when could you decide that it's either a person who speaks from experience, or a someone who does it out of self loathing.

Quote from: SM on May 09, 2019, 02:40:19 AMThe point is you missed the point and resorted to irrelevant whataboutery.

You talk (complain) about men who are (supposed to be) anti-women.
Then you do the same about a guy who's against a group of people who are also anti-woman. And anti-gay which you put in the same list.

Quote from: Huggs on May 09, 2019, 02:44:37 AM
Ah, politics.

What a blessing to humanity.

I agree but I'm bored. And it's actually fun for a change. Something else than ponies and Aliens' cast.

Add Islam to the ever growing list of things you're "Not Familiar With".

Huggs

Huggs

Is Randy in jail yet?

The Old One

The Old One

Randy Pitchford? Should be, after they return SEGA's money.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Huggs

Huggs

I wonder if he'll make prison moonshine?

SiL

SiL

In this case it's a really easy line: disagreeing with religious beliefs you grew up with is the former, thinking you're an inferior human being because of your gender is the latter. Not a hard line to draw?

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: SM on May 09, 2019, 03:10:54 AM
Add Islam to the ever growing list of things you're "Not Familiar With".

Grew up with it, read up on it, saw documentaries about it (which you'd probably classify as propaganda), still encounter it in my daily life,...

My opinions happen to be similar to those of most ex-muslims. They're even more familiar with islam than I am.
But I guess you'd write them off as disgruntled ex-members.

And instead of saying I'm not familiar with it, you could give counter-arguments.

Quote from: SiL on May 09, 2019, 03:43:29 AMIn this case it's a really easy line: disagreeing with religious beliefs you grew up with is the former, thinking you're an inferior human being because of your gender is the latter. Not a hard line to draw?

We agree.
But why are women classified as thinking they're inferiour if they advocate men's rights?
That's what I don't get.

SM

SM

Someone who condemns an entire religion as "an evil cult" is not interested in counter arguments.

But I have learned something today and that's not a bad thing.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: SM on May 09, 2019, 04:01:08 AM
Someone who condemns an entire religion as "an evil cult" is not interested in counter arguments.

But I have something today and that's not a bad thing.

Try me.
And if not me, enlighten others.

I could say the same about you.
You ignored my previous arguments. Meaning you're not interested in other views and opinions, you choose to ignore them because they don't fit your way of thinking, or you got no counter argument.

Imagine an ex-muslim talks bad about islam to you. Saying the same things I did. What would your reply be?

SiL

SiL

You haven't really argued anything? You've made a few statements like "it's an evil cult", but you're lumping 1.2 billion people together and acting like every single one of them holds precisely the same beliefs, which is incredibly dumb.

Huggs

Huggs

This is like Festivus.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: SiL on May 09, 2019, 04:37:03 AM
You haven't really argued anything? You've made a few statements like "it's an evil cult", but you're lumping 1.2 billion people together and acting like every single one of them holds precisely the same beliefs, which is incredibly dumb.

So the anti-gay and anti-women aspects of islam/muslims aren't arguments?

Islam is an evil cult. And like with any cult, their are innocents caught in it.
According to you I lump them all together. Which I don't. I condemn islam, not muslims.

And as I mentioned in my previous posts, would you react the same if I was an ex-muslim? Would you still call the things I say incredibly dumb?

Quote from: Huggs on May 09, 2019, 04:41:41 AM
This is like Festivus.

*passes the popcorn*

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on May 09, 2019, 04:58:14 AM
So the anti-gay and anti-women aspects of islam/muslims aren't arguments?
An argument of what?

QuoteIslam is an evil cult.
Again, this is not a persuasive argument of anything. Just repeating a line over and over is not an argument.

Why is Islam an evil cult but Christianity not?

QuoteAccording to you I lump them all together. Which I don't.
But you are? You're saying it's OK to be bigoted against muslims because Islam has the same shitty beliefs every other major religion does.

QuoteWould you still call the things I say incredibly dumb?
If you were saying it was OK to lump all muslims together, yes. Same as I'd say a former Catholic condemning every Christian as a pedophile would be incredibly dumb.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed