Just Talk.

Started by Amaterasu, Aug 22, 2013, 02:02:12 AM

Author
Just Talk. (Read 620,204 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

It get's worse, I accidentally deleted a post of mine that Hicks had quoted yesterday. The post deletion virus is spreading.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 20, 2020, 02:54:51 PM
Quote from: SiL on Dec 20, 2020, 10:20:39 AM
Yeah it's kind of like assuming Americans like saying the n word because of rednecks.

My apologies. In my defence I know a bunch of you who do. Though having looked at the etymology I'm regretting it now.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

#1 word for me will always be f**k though, potent and very versatile.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Predator 2 was made for you...  ;D

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

What was your reaction upon seeing a crabator for the very first time?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 20, 2020, 09:45:34 PM
What was your reaction upon seeing a crabator for the very first time?

There was restraining involved.... ;D

Kradan

Kradan

"You're one SHAME OF STAN WINSTON LEGACYTERRIBLY MADE motherf**ker"

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Pussyface > some alien doggo that voluntarily took a bullet to the brain

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Dec 21, 2020, 12:33:21 AM

You mean The City Hunter over The Predator Hybrid Puppy Pet? I would hope such things go without saying! :)

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 21, 2020, 01:42:29 AM

You mean The City Hunter over The Predator Hybrid Puppy Pet? I would hope such things go without saying! :)

Yep, City Hunter over the Hybrid Puppy that was denied it's escape via assisted suicide because Shane Black demands prolonged suffering.

To offer some context.... I did not care for The Predator when I finally saw it, I know I'm kinda late.

Particularly though as someone who actually has autism and actually has an understanding of it unlike Shane Black who couldn't even tell apart his own ass from his elbow if he was given guidance by f**king air traffic control as well as taking notes via his alphabetti spaghetti.

It's not like I demand perfection when it comes to portraying autism because I already know Hollywood is hopeless in that regard and expect nothing less from the same industry that butchers historical accuracy for entertainment... but what I saw in this movie isn't even worth referring to as "Hollywood Autism" because even by that standard it's pretty shit, hence why I more aptly call it "Plot Convenience Syndrome". The entirety of this movie I was sitting there thinking "That's not how it works, that's not how any of this works." The kid's severity jumps allover the f**king place depending on what is most convenient at the time, they try to depict him as a savant with scenes like fixing the chess boards even though he completely f**ks up if you actually pay attention, and even if he was really a savant he sure as hell wouldn't be able to understand an alien language because it doesn't work like that.

And the moment that bimbo dropped the line about autistic people being the next step in human evolution...

THAT'S NOT EVEN HOW EVOLUTION WORKS!

Boy did that feel good to get off my chest after all this time.  :laugh:

Mind you autism isn't as terrible as stuff like Autism Speaks propaganda and fear mongering makes it out to be (The Organization for Autism Research is a much better organization that actually puts donations more towards families and individuals with autism in need as opposed to Autism Speaks where more money goes into the pockets of the executives whose salaries exceed $600,000 a year, the highest in the autism world), but it certainly isn't whatever this movie claims either, in fact savants themselves are actually quite rare and don't offer a full picture because autism is a spectrum where you can put 10 people with autism in the same room and they will all be very different because of different severity as well as variations in characteristics that some will have more prominence in while others will have less if at all, and some will need more support while others can be quite independent. But you certainly can't just jump from severe to mild to anywhere in between for the sake of plot convenience...  :P

... my rant is done.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 21, 2020, 01:42:29 AM

I like The Predator and even I wouldn't put PredDog anywhere near CH

Quote from: Crazy Rich link=topic=51721.msg2499353#msg2499353 date=
... my rant is done.

Good

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Not that I'm interested in getting one as I really don't like invertebrates and my heart is set on a Pink-Tongue Skink in the future, but I just find this information to be pretty interesting and cool and I may even end up just subscribing to this channel.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Our podcast will launch early next year, the Isolation playthrough is complete, and we're going to start uploading the "Burning Bridges" audiobook to this channel starting either tomorrow or this coming week.

I did share this last year, but this is a re-edited version (now with more Gorman).

https://youtu.be/DAFl7CP0JnE

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Dec 25, 2020, 04:17:29 PM
I did share this last year, but this is a re-edited version (now with more Gorman).

You forgot one thing:

Spoiler
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed