What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 589,045 times)

SiL

SiL

Not as "oof" as you might worry, but a longer and more nuanced topic than I care to get into here.

Neither supports the war is the short version.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SiL on Jun 16, 2022, 09:46:41 PMBefore all the bullshit they sold their apartment and moved into a giant house with a large yard and are now getting very, very good at growing their own food.
Lol we've done the same.

Just a shame you can't grow bacon in an allotment.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Sad moment as cashier today.

A Mom and her daughter were talking with me as I went through their stuff and they've only been in Canada 3 months with the reason being they fled the war in Ukraine and on top of that the husband/father had to stay in Ukraine to fight.

Made this whole tragedy feel closer to home and it certainly got my empathy going.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

New public holiday here. Coverage of the hokey spiritualist ceremony in the capital took over all tv channels and radio stations this morning, and locally everyone started tooting their car horns and setting off fireworks at 4 or 5 am.

Also, mask stuff. There's still a very strict mask mandate here, but basically nobody in this town is following it anymore. Even at the doctors the other day, no staff or patients except for me were masked. It's even gotten to the point where you get dirty looks and snide remarks for wearing one.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's too f**king hot right now.

Kradan

Kradan

You should really visit south of Ukraine. In the middle of July

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Had smart meters installed last year, and pretty quickly realised the gas meter wasn't actually reporting readings to our supplier, thereby rendering it pointless. They sent a bloke out a couple of weeks back to install a new one, and now neither of our smart meters are reporting in, on top of which they've also stopped sending any info to the little display in the kitchen that tells us what's going on.

So in other words, not only did they not fix the problem the work was supposed to fix, they have in fact made things worse. Shower of f**kwits.

And this ahead of bills getting monstrously bigger this autumn, when having a vague idea of what energy we're using might prove somewhat helpful.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 11, 2022, 11:36:34 AMHad smart meters installed last year, and pretty quickly realised the gas meter wasn't actually reporting readings to our supplier, thereby rendering it pointless. They sent a bloke out a couple of weeks back to install a new one, and now neither of our smart meters are reporting in, on top of which they've also stopped sending any info to the little display in the kitchen that tells us what's going on.

So in other words, not only did they not fix the problem the work was supposed to fix, they have in fact made things worse. Shower of f**kwits.

And this ahead of bills getting monstrously bigger this autumn, when having a vague idea of what energy we're using might prove somewhat helpful.

Its why, not matter how much my electricity supply rings or emails, i aint getting a smart meter. Im doing it myself

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 11, 2022, 11:30:54 AMYou should really visit south of Ukraine. In the middle of July

How hot in celsius does it get there in your part of the continent? Mid-high 30's? Low 40's?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 11, 2022, 11:30:54 AMYou should really visit south of Ukraine. In the middle of July

I think I'll pass. I can't handle it here. I struggle to cope with heat. Give me some lovely cold any day.

SiL

SiL

Your summer temperatures are my winter temperatures.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

It's not the heat, it's the humidity.

I was in Phoenix, Arizona once and it was 40 degrees C, but it was so bone dry it was a hell of a lot more bearable than 28 degrees here in the UK.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It's only going to get hotter.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 11, 2022, 09:34:23 PM

How hot in celsius does it get there in your part of the continent? Mid-high 30's? Low 40's?

Mostly high 30s. Is it hotter in NZ ?

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 12, 2022, 12:29:55 PMIt's not the heat, it's the humidity.

I was in Phoenix, Arizona once and it was 40 degrees C, but it was so bone dry it was a hell of a lot more bearable than 28 degrees here in the UK.

So much this

Quote from: SiL on Jul 12, 2022, 09:17:08 AMYour summer temperatures are my winter temperatures.

Well, of course you Ausies do everything backwards. I've read somewhere many years ago that you celebrate New Year at the beach, is it true ?

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Here we can get between 30C and 40C... with humidity.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed