Things you just hate in the world

Started by Dark Passenger, May 26, 2010, 04:35:29 AM

Author
Things you just hate in the world (Read 398,360 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

We have cows and all that stuff, why Alligators, Sharks and other endangered animals? I hate it. It is plain and simple useless and a caprice if you ask me.

Quote from: BLAIN on Sep 21, 2010, 01:21:13 PM
As for other things I really hate - people who kill Alligators, Crocodiles, Snakes, Lizards and other Reptiles either to do some kind of food or to make bags, shoes and belts...
Latter three I understand, for food? Come on...

i agree, what if you're stuck i nthe desert with only that kind of thing to eat!

and most of the time faux reptile skin is better than the real deal

BANE

BANE

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Sep 21, 2010, 01:45:09 PM
We have cows and all that stuff, why Alligators, Sharks and other endangered animals? I hate it. It is plain and simple useless and a caprice if you ask me.
Hey, this all ties into that argument we had about having to kill people off to save the world. You hate  it when such endangered animals are used as food, yet with such a massive and always increasing population, it's going to happen in increasing frequency.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: BLAIN on Sep 21, 2010, 01:21:13 PM
QuoteAs for other things I really hate - people who kill Alligators, Crocodiles, Snakes, Lizards and other Reptiles either to do some kind of food or to make bags, shoes and belts...
Latter three I understand, for food? Come on...
Some of that is good eatin'! I actually like the taste of rattlesnake meat.

We have cows and all that stuff, why Alligators, Sharks and other endangered animals?
About the only alligator that's endangered is the Chinese alligator, and most sharks are not in any danger of running extinct.

I hate it. It is plain and simple useless and a caprice if you ask me.
It's hardly a caprice if there is an economy based on it.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

It's a caprice because we got a whole world of other foods to use. Crocodile/Shark/Whale meats to be sold and stuff is a caprice, just like tiger fur for jackets, or Snake skin for belts. there's also economy based on those. All of them are this kind of thing if you ask me, a caprice.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Sep 21, 2010, 02:00:35 PM
It's a caprice because we got a whole world of other foods to use. Crocodile/Shark/Whale meats to be sold and stuff is a caprice, just like tiger fur for jackets, or Snake skin for belts. there's also economy based on those. All of them are this kind of thing if you ask me, a caprice.
That's not a caprice. A caprice is something that was done without any motivation; commerce is a motivator.

Ecce:
Quote1: a : a sudden, impulsive, and seemingly unmotivated notion or action b : a sudden usually unpredictable condition, change, or series of changes <the caprices of the weather>
2: a disposition to do things impulsively

That hardly describes the industry of turning those creatures into accessories and foodstuffs, as there was premeditation and drive behind it.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

... 'mkay.
It's a pointless thing made for the sake of luxury (man, it's not the exact term.... don't know how to say it, it's living with a constant spending for exotic and expensive things) and snobness.

BANE

BANE

QuoteSome of that is good eatin'! I actually like the taste of rattlesnake meat.
I like alligator and crocodile, to tell you the truth.

Quote... 'mkay.
It's a pointless thing made for the sake of luxury (man, it's not the exact term.... don't know how to say it, it's living with a constant spending for exotic and expensive things) and snobness.
Not the food portion. As long as they're killing it for food, why not use the hides? Nothing goes to waste that way. Eat the food, get a belt as well. Win Win.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Then I don't know why they can't just use the usual cows or [insert usual farm animal here]

SpaceMarines

Not everyone can or wants to eat cows. Ever heard of Hindus?

Vulhala

Vulhala

Quote from: maledoro on Sep 21, 2010, 01:57:11 PM
Some of that is good eatin'! I actually like the taste of rattlesnake meat.

Quote from: BLAIN on Sep 21, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
I like alligator and crocodile, to tell you the truth.

On the subject of 'weird shit we eat', Kangaroo burgers are f**king lush.

SpaceMarines

I have had 'roo, actually. Pretty good.

closest i have got to eating kangaroo is those kangaroo flavoured crisps they did for the "flavours of the world cup" thing.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Sep 21, 2010, 02:27:18 PM
Not everyone can or wants to eat cows. Ever heard of Hindus?
F**k.
Pigs then.
Sheep.
Chicken.

BANE

BANE

I don't know what you're complaining about...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed