Things you just hate in the world

Started by Dark Passenger, May 26, 2010, 04:35:29 AM

Author
Things you just hate in the world (Read 398,379 times)

MadassAlex

/considers starting a band called "Hitlerfist".

Vulhala

Vulhala

As much as I can't believe that two people could independantly come up with a name that f**king awesome, you were actually beaten to the post.  :D

The PredBen

Quote from: maledoro on Sep 02, 2010, 11:20:46 AM
Ironic fact: In a post someone posted this...

Quote from: The PredBen on Sep 02, 2010, 05:11:02 AM
Fun Fact:

The 20th century is often called " The Century of Genocide" with all the dictators and rebel groups out there.
Under it, it said, "Elvis rules."

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_X0tSxelEZ0c/Sj0VPJgnYGI/AAAAAAAAAA8/ke7K8Ylclrg/s320/Elvis+Hitler+Disgraceland.jpg

Elvis only brought good to this world.

MadassAlex

Quote from: Vulhala on Sep 02, 2010, 11:27:37 AM
As much as I can't believe that two people could independantly come up with a name that f**king awesome, you were actually beaten to the post.  :D

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Seriously, though, that's awesome.  :D

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: The PredBen on Sep 02, 2010, 02:58:04 PM
Elvis only brought good to this world.
Good what?

The PredBen

Elvis gave us great music, inspired numerous other artists, and promoted unity of races.

He did good.

PS - He did NOT copy black artists. He was inspired by them, and admitted thats where he got his source, most current black musicians immitate Elvis.

Vulhala

Vulhala

You can hear it in every 50 Cent song, definately  :D

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: The PredBen on Sep 02, 2010, 04:14:09 PM
Elvis gave us great music
He did?

promoted unity of races.
True. One listen to Having Fun With Elvis on Stage where he manages to use racial slurs against almost every group of people should unite them against him.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: maledoro on Sep 02, 2010, 04:42:14 PM
Elvis gave us great music
He did?
While he did basically copy and paste music from other artists, I would say he made a lot of good maybe even great music and I don't even like most of it.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: MrBrokenTusks. on Sep 02, 2010, 04:44:16 PM
While he did basically copy and paste music from other artists, I would say he made a lot of good maybe even great music and I don't even like most of it.
Not to mention his manager strongarmed a lot of songwriters into sharing writing credits with Elvis. Granted, the King may not have been directly responsible for this, but he didn't put a stop to it, either.

Anto of the Sand

Don't think I could sit through a single Elvis song.
Hitlerfist however....

The PredBen

Myths about Elvis:

1.) He was racist - Elvis wasn't racist. The whole " Black people were fit to clean my blue shaude Shoes" was proven false. Every black person, famous or not, said that he was nothing but kind.

In fact, he was never recorded saying anything racist, unlike Michael Jackson: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-v0_bkKNA4

2.) He stole the 'Blackmans' Music - Wrong. Elvis constantly thanked the black community for giving him his inspiration. And he didn't directly "steal" s**t from their songs.

3.) He didn't write anything - Acutally he did, not a lot, but there ARE some songs written by The King.

4.) He was uncharitable - Elvis was VERY charitable. His Aloha from Hawaii, the most viewed concert ever  by a solo artist, had all its money donated to a cancer fund. He also aided other charties in his native state.

5.) Elvis was fat - Only for the last 2 - 3 years of his life. I hate it when people portray him as a fatass.

6.) Elvis was only popular in the US - Wrong. He is well known in other countries.

7.) Elvis was as successful as he's made out to be - He sold over 1 billion albums worldwide. Only the Beatles are in this league. Not even other top sellers like Michael Jackson and The Eagles come close.

8.) Nobody likes him nowdays - Granted, he's been dead for a long time, but acutally he has plenty of fans.

Anyway, on topic, I hate people who disrespect Elvis.

maledoro

maledoro

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: The PredBen on Sep 02, 2010, 08:26:37 PM
6.) Elvis was only popular in the US - Wrong. He is well known in other countries.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: The PredBen on Sep 02, 2010, 08:26:37 PM
That's for damned sure.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed