Things you just hate in the world

Started by Dark Passenger, May 26, 2010, 04:35:29 AM

Author
Things you just hate in the world (Read 398,431 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 16, 2018, 07:24:24 AM
Did I mention the skull?

You protest too much against this secret love of yours.

The Kurgan

Cinemasins on YouTube.

No idea why people love this stuff so much.

SM

SM

Because people are dumb.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Nov 20, 2018, 01:04:15 AM
Because people are dumb.

'ken oath

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: TheKurgan on Nov 19, 2018, 08:19:52 PM
Cinemasins on YouTube.

You shouldn't being paying attention to the videos, I reckon you should read the comments instead. That part of YouTube is the most powerfull source of infinite wisdom, healthy thoughts and love in the entire Matrix. More bigger than life itself, indeed.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Nov 20, 2018, 01:37:28 AM
Cinemasins on YouTube.

You shouldn't being paying attention to the videos, I reckon you should read the comments instead. That part of YouTube is the most powerfull source of infinite wisdom, healthy thoughts and love in the entire Matrix. More bigger than life itself, indeed.

Indeed. Youtube comments is where I get all my news. Serious, informative, and totally non-partisan. I've never encountered a more level-headed and welcoming group of people. ;D

The Kurgan

Quote from: Huggs on Nov 20, 2018, 07:02:46 AM
Cinemasins on YouTube.

Indeed. Youtube comments is where I get all my news. Serious, informative, and totally non-partisan. I've never encountered a more level-headed and welcoming group of people. ;D

It is known ;D

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: TheKurgan on Nov 20, 2018, 07:08:28 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Nov 20, 2018, 07:02:46 AM
Cinemasins on YouTube.

It is known ;D

If you really want loving and informative, read the comments of Fortnite videos.

Huggs

Huggs

When full grown adults fight like children while they're at work. Seriously, you're in public and on the clock. Shut your d*mn mouth, respect your superiors, and do your freakin' job.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 04, 2019, 04:43:12 AM
When full grown adults fight like children while they're at work. Seriously, you're in public and on the clock. Shut your d*mn mouth, respect your superiors, and do your freakin' job.

I have seen this at Wal-Mart, and only Wal-Mart.

Sometimes, you can't tell the difference between shoppers and employees.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Trophy hunting.

I just don't get how shooting an unsuspecting critter, minding it's own business with a high powered rifle, gives people the feeling of heavier balls.

Vermillion

Quote from: The Kurgan on Jan 05, 2019, 01:56:12 PM
Trophy hunting.

I just don't get how shooting an unsuspecting critter, minding it's own business with a high powered rifle, gives people the feeling of heavier balls.
Catch said trophy hunter and put them in a Running Man game show.  I'd pay for this.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The Kurgan on Jan 05, 2019, 01:56:12 PMTrophy hunting.

Initially misinterpreted that as people who obsessively got after trophies in PlayStation games lol.

I appreciate how park rangers deal with poachers in Africa - shoot first and ask questions later. There's a sweet irony to them hunting the hunters.

Local Trouble

Huggs

Huggs

There's a lot of reasons why people hunt. I don't because I don't need to. Some I understand, but there are 3 types of hunting that I don't agree with.

Now, hunting deer and turkey is a tradition, especially here in the southeastern US.
In my area, responsible harvesting (I know that's a buzzword) of wild game is a downright necessity.
There are so many deer in my area, even with the hunting, you can't go 2 days without
hearing about somebody else hitting one with their car.

That's dangerous, and keeping the deer populations down helps to control that.
Around here, parents also use hunting to help teach their children many important things,
including firearms safety and proper operation as well as wilderness skills and conservation. More often than not,
it's just about good fellowship and bonding with one another, like fishing. We also have businesses
that processes and package the meat around here, so it's helping to support local jobs.

The 3 types of hunting I don't agree are varmint hunting, bow hunting, and trophy hunting,

I see no use in blasting bunnies and squirrels. That's not going to feed a family like a deer would. And if I hit a squirrel with my car, odds are that I and my passengers will be just fine. Nor do I condone coon hunting. Cornering and scaring an innocent animal half to death with dogs is ridiculous.

Bow hunting is barbaric (in my opinion) as it lengthens the suffering and death of the animal, and that is just cruel. If you're going to kill something, then just shoot it and be done with it. Don't put an arrow in its lung and let it run to death. That's grotesque. As for Trophy hunting? Yes, that's the dumbest reason I can think of to hunt. It serves no purpose other than to maintain a business and tickle the nards of the emasculated.

Bears, lions, elephants, moose, etc. are beautiful and important creatures that should not be subject to hunting. If ever their numbers get out of control, an agency can be tasked to handle it. If you kill beautiful things for no other reason than to mount a head on some wood, you're a dick and you suck as a human being, and that's that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed