Comic Book Readers (Read 908,667 times)

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: ShadowPred on Dec 28, 2012, 04:12:45 AM
Quote from: Aspie on Dec 28, 2012, 04:02:34 AM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Dec 28, 2012, 03:47:01 AM
Quote from: Aspie on Dec 28, 2012, 03:42:41 AM
Just finished Spider-Man 700 :(

f**king sad it is. Also, did you notice something off about Otto's mind inside Peter's body? Like, Peter still actually being in his body, or is that just me? Because I definitely saw things here and there that made me feel that Marvel did create some sort of back up plan for Peter's return. And I'm definitely seeing evidence of it right now in Avenging Spider-Man 15.1

I thought he had a subtle connection with Peter Parker's memories before the dying Doc Oc (Peter) strengthened the connection at the end. But maybe there's a chance Peter Parker's mind can regenerate from memories ect., but that might be far fetched on my part.

It's probably not...I can't recall which moments made me think that this is a possible idea in Issue 700...but in Avenging Spider-man 15.1 there's a scene where
Spoiler
Doc Ock as Peter is walking to work, and a thief runs off with something...the guy calls out for someone to stop the thief, and Otto is all like "this shit ain't worth my time" or something...BUT, he end up stopping him by raising his arm as a sort of obstacle for the Thief to run into and hit. Otto then chalks that up to instinct...and that's when my theory had its alarm ringing like crazy, because I honestly believe that Peter is still in there somewhere.

I would like to think that the octobot that did the mind melding was simply a tool used to not LITERALLY transfer minds...but I think it was something that just copied their respective minds to their bodies...sort of like copying a file to a computer or something, but that somehow it made the transferred mind be the DOMINANT one. It's just that! Peter can still get back into his mind, he's simply being held back by Otto's!

Otto is actually dead...Peter still lives. I'll f**king keep to that until I see otherwise.
[close]

I don't have the next Spiderman comic...but that theory actually makes a lot of sense.  :)

Spoiler
HOPE FOR THE HOPELESS
[close]

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Spoiler
[close]

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: ShadowPred on Dec 28, 2012, 04:49:47 AM
Spoiler
[close]

I don't think that was just instinct.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Now you're a true believer!

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: ShadowPred on Dec 28, 2012, 02:21:35 AMJust barely, right this second, finished reading Thor: God of Thunder # 1. The artwork is f**king awesome, and the writing is also f**king sweet, completely hooked by this, and I f**king love this sort of detective story we are seeing in different time periods...love that we're taking in for a ride like this.
Dude, yes. That's one of Marvel's best. :)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I actually enjoy reading them, sucks to have to wait for issue 4, but god damn...I wonder how long this will last?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 28, 2012, 03:11:15 AM
I haven't been keeping up with the news, but this is Marvel...won't they just wind up retconning/rebooting it within a year and bring Peter back?
I rewlly hope they do. I don't even know how that cumstain got approved in the first place.
Whenr I read about it I was about to throw up -- no hyperbole.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Last Comic book I read was probably "Where is Wally/Waldo/Charlie"

Spoiler
[close]

First Blood

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Happy Birthday Stan Lee! ;D

Shasvre

Shasvre

Let's hope he have another ten years in him. :)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

And a long list of cameos to accompany them! :D

First Blood

First Blood

Yes! :laugh:

Shasvre

Shasvre

Eventually, he will play all of the Marvel characters.

Spoiler
And no small amount of the DC characters as well. 8)
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Stan Lee for Uatu!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed