Yes, all the time
No, never ever
Sometimes, here and there
Author
Comic Book Readers (Read 908,671 times)

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Keg on Aug 11, 2011, 07:34:22 PM
I just finished reading Hush. Damn that awesome. I f**king loved the artwork and the fight with Superman was brilliantly written. It didnt feel stupid that Batman could get the better of him at all the way it panned out.

The final reveal of who was behind it all and the reasons for doing it were a bit rubbish but the journey there was a hell of ride.

This is how I felt about Hush, brilliant art and pretty good writing, but dat ending :) didn't seem to live up to the rest of the story.

Aeus

Aeus

>Hush
>Brilliant art
>Brilliant writing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLs-PkfUS2g#

First Blood

First Blood

::)

Jim Lee is not that bad.

Aeus

Aeus

He's candy, nothing more.

x2SMONEY

x2SMONEY

Just ordered Batman: RIP TPB, Batman: The Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul TPB, Batman: Broken City TPB, Batman: Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader TPB and Werewolf by Night: In the Blood TPB from TFAW.com. A few days ago I purchased Batman and Robin Vol 3:Batman and Robin Must Die HC Deluxe Edition and Superman Earth One HC from Borders since everything is on sale because the franchise is going out of bussiness (Which is a shame, I liked Borders) Cant wait 'till everything arrives.

Does anyone know if Werewolf by Night is any good? I bought it due to my love of werewolves

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: x2SMONEY on Aug 11, 2011, 11:11:50 PM
Just ordered Batman: RIP TPB

Great choice.

QuoteBatman: The Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul TPB

Not so good.

QuoteBatman: Broken City TPB

Good choice.

QuoteBatman: Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader TPB

Godtier choice. Your mind will melt.

QuoteBatman and Robin Vol 3:Batman and Robin Must Die HC Deluxe Edition

Great choice.

Superman Earth One

WHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Aeus on Aug 11, 2011, 10:24:29 PM

Ahahahahahahaha.

All comics are supposed to be eye candy, dude.  They are a visual medium.  Visual.  If you want stellar writing, read a bloody book.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Aeus on Aug 11, 2011, 10:24:29 PM

So what? If that's his style, then that's his style. If Lee wants to make "eye candy" and shit loads of splash pages then let him.

In my opinion, I don't think there necessarily has to be a balance between the art and the writing. The artist does his/her thing and the writer does theirs. Does the art have to speak to the reader every time? Of course not.

Aeus

Aeus

His characters have ridiculous anatomy, his poses are overblown or melodramatic, he has no sense of pacing, and his layouts are uninspired.

But hyper detailed sells I guess.

And your opinion is ridiculous. It's a collaborative medium.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Aeus on Aug 12, 2011, 12:04:45 AM

Yes of course, but no one's really going to tell someone to draw differently because someone else doesn't like it. Each artist has their own way of expression. When I say they do their "own thing" its hyperbole for drawing in their style or writing.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Aeus on Aug 12, 2011, 12:04:45 AM
His characters have ridiculous anatomy, his poses are overblown or melodramatic, he has no sense of pacing, and his layouts are uninspired.

But hyper detailed sells I guess.

In case you haven't noticed, his style is the epitome of a perfect superhero comic book.  It's only in this odd age that we live in where superhero comics, originally for children, have been pulled into a more serious realm as their readers inevitably reach their 30s, 40s, and older.  Since the comic industry has committed suicide from a business standpoint, creators have to cater to these older remaining audiences, and make something juvenile into something serious and even dark.

I believe in the huge potential of graphic storytelling, but you're judging comic art like it's fine art.  Sorry, Mr. Glass, but it's about action, muscles, powers, and awesomeness first, and always has been.  The mature emotionally-driven stories are much newer additions to an old medium, and this calls for a new approach to the art.  Drawing X-Men or Superman in the same vein as 100 Bullets is less than fitting.

Plus with no visual proof to back up your claims or even offer the potential for an active debate, your opinions are about as good as everyone else's. :D  I've read a lot of comic books, and Lee is one of the best there is.

x2SMONEY

x2SMONEY

Quote from: Aeus on Aug 11, 2011, 11:27:19 PM
Quote from: x2SMONEY on Aug 11, 2011, 11:11:50 PM
Just ordered Batman: RIP TPB

Great choice.

QuoteBatman: The Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul TPB

Not so good.

QuoteBatman: Broken City TPB

Good choice.

QuoteBatman: Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader TPB

Godtier choice. Your mind will melt.

QuoteBatman and Robin Vol 3:Batman and Robin Must Die HC Deluxe Edition

Great choice.

Superman Earth One

WHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?
Yeah I just read Earth One. It started out pretty good but when the alien that looked like the fifth member of KISS showed up I said to myself "Well, never gonna get that 20 bucks back..."

Aeus

Aeus

Hahahah, pretty much.

Huol

Huol

Evil space Bowie, good lord.

Aeus

Aeus

What was he thinking?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed