Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Aeus on Mar 26, 2011, 04:05:00 AM
Quote from: Purebreedalien on Mar 25, 2011, 10:39:06 PM
Quote from: Huol on Mar 25, 2011, 03:20:58 PM

where the hell is this from?

to me my pba!

'to me my pba!'

Didn't you get Huols expertly crafted Silver Surfer TAS reference?

No, I never watched it. D=

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Dude. Even psychic kids watched Silver Surfer...

(Screencap from The X-Files 5x20 - The End)

Huol

Huol

Wasn't Tony Jay voicing Galactus in that show?

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Nope. Twas James Blendick.

The only really notable actor on that show was John Neville (The X-Files Well-Manicured Man) as Eternity.

Huol

Huol

ah it was Tony Jay in the F4 series

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

The Silver Surfer cartoon was pretty cool, even though it lasted like 13 something episodes. I remember they had lunchables of the TV show back in '98.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I loved the Silver Surfer TV show. At some point they stopped airing it though. :(

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I bought Volumes 11, 12, and 13 of TWD!
So far I read 11 and 12, and boy, this series does not disappoint.
Spoiler
11 was another depressing volume, pushing the series farther than I thought it would go. The Ben and Billy stuff was terrible, and Dale, I think his death was the easiest to accept so far. In a world surrounded by death and tragedy, when he pretty much accepted that he was dying, and made his last moments happy, I was a little happy, too. He was no longer suffering in that world. I miss him, but it wasn't as tragic as some of the other deaths. It was brilliantly written. Also, the stuff with Rick and the hunters, I didn't think he would ever regain his humanity after that.

And in 12, to my amazement, things were actually...happy. It was such a change of pace. I think this is the next big event, like the Governor arc, but different...very different. Carl is the only one that is miserable, and I am amazed that they were able to characterize a child so much. I hope the TV show is able to do that effectively. The ending, with where we find out Glenn was faking being drunk, really caught me off guard. I can't wait to see what happens in 13.
[close]

Hopefully I get a chance to read 13 today. And when that's finished, I tihnk its only about two months until 14!

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 26, 2011, 06:17:33 PM
I loved the Silver Surfer TV show. At some point they stopped airing it though. :(

I miss the days of Fox Kids. I loved awaking up watching Spider-Man, Power Rangers, X-Men, F4, GTS, Digimon, Goosebumps, and so much more as a kid.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I just read that TWD is meant to have a 300 issue run! And that Kirkman already planned out the first 150 issues!

man, the series isn't even a third over yet! I'm so glad I'm reading this. Gotta read Volume 13 later tonight.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 26, 2011, 09:05:02 PMI just read that TWD is meant to have a 300 issue run! And that Kirkman already planned out the first 150 issues!

man, the series isn't even a third over yet! I'm so glad I'm reading this. Gotta read Volume 13 later tonight.

Great news, looking forward to seeing where he takes the series. :)

Volume 13? They are in the town now, right?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Shasvre on Mar 26, 2011, 09:12:23 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 26, 2011, 09:05:02 PMI just read that TWD is meant to have a 300 issue run! And that Kirkman already planned out the first 150 issues!

Great news, looking forward to seeing where he takes the series. :)

Volume 13? They are in the town now, right?

Yep, at the end of 12
Spoiler
we saw that Glenn faked being drunk
[close]

While doing some research, I just found out about a Walking Dead Survivor's guide, being released in four parts. Anyone heard anything about this? Looks pretty cool. If they collect the four parts in one book, I may pick it up.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Geoff Johns will relaunch Aquaman. :)

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=33944

"After BRIGHTEST DAY I'll be moving over to a new book - AQUAMAN #1 coming later this year!! :)"

Some of you might be tired of Johns, but I think he did an amazing job with Green Lantern, Superman and The Flash.

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Its not that I'm tired of Johns - I go back and read his runs on Teen Titans, Booster Gold, and (the initial run on) Flash, and I still think they're brilliant. Right now, though, it seems like Johns is tired of Johns. Like Bendis, he kind of seems like he's going through the motions these days.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed