Genocide in Darfur, Africa

Started by Predboy, May 22, 2007, 07:36:21 PM

Author
Genocide in Darfur, Africa (Read 10,814 times)

Predboy

Predboy

Quote from: badass_badger on May 25, 2007, 03:41:21 AM
Predboy, I want to help Darfur, hell, I want to help all of Africa, but the place is lost. It's close to impossible to make Africa a good place again. The genocide is just the icing on the cake, buddy. There's AIDS/HIV, STDs, Rebel forces fighting against corrupt goverments, it's crazy. I know you want the US and Europe to help, but it's just way to complicated, and don't forget we are coming right out of a war now, and I don't think the US is ready for another war.

Alright, I see that everyone is basically against me in this arguement so Im going to close it by saying this.

First, this thread was made to let people know about whats going on because some dont know about it.

Second, I know I would like the U.S. and Europe to help, but I was really just trying to say that they shouldn't have said they weren't going to let this happen and let it happen numerous times after the holocaust.

Third, I dont know if this is true or not but they are already trying to handle the whole AIDS problem in some places of Africa. I heard they found a cure.

And last, I know Africa is a messed up place because of all the things that happen there but a genocide shouldn't be one of them.

If the U.S. and Europe is too occupied to help, fine, Im just saying they shouldn't have said they weren't going to let this happen and let it happen. Not just this one but the others after the holocaust.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: Predboy on May 25, 2007, 07:51:42 PM

Third, I dont know if this is true or not but they are already trying to handle the whole AIDS problem in some places of Africa. I heard they found a cure.

???

Predboy

Predboy

Quote from: Meathead320 on May 25, 2007, 08:35:44 PM
Quote from: Predboy on May 25, 2007, 07:51:42 PM

???

Im not sure if its true or not, my teacher and, pretty much everyone in my class said they did so I believed it.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I don't think the cure for aids is true, but i know what you're saying Predboy about everyone against you. :(

Dachande

Dachande

Its not that everyones against him, its just other people are taking a realistic view of this, as MeatHead said, these things dont happen in a perfect world, which is what your trying to envision it as. People want to help, but there are far more pressing issues at the matter, than a number of people, of whom the majority wont accumb to anything. I know that sounds cold and heartless but its true, your annoyed because all the world leaders said, they wouldnt let there be another Genocide, or this or that. They said the same after the first world war, as leaders of countries change, so do the promises. I'll put it like this, say Clinton had said, he will make sure that there will never again be battles for oil in the middle-east (>__>) now, when he is no longer in office, and Bush is, Bush does not have to adhere to what Clinton said, and as such, will have no moral problem fighting for oil, as he wasnt the one that made the promise. I'm not saying this is the case for the most part, but people have to understand, the times and people have changed a lot since WW2. Chances are, the weapons the killers have were probably given to them by either America first hand in exchange for oil, or from plaes like Iraq, who got most of their guns in the first place from America. These days, people like Bush dont see places such as Garfur in Arica as people suffering, but whether or not the can draw profit via oil from it. Oil is what makes the world go round these days, im not saying its right, but its what happens.  But im slighty tired, so most of what im saying may well be gibberish ^__^

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: gameoverman on May 23, 2007, 08:36:09 PM
Quote from: Meathead320 on May 23, 2007, 08:26:00 PMThe 18-24 year old kids who refuse to join the military, and yet have the right (because of those who fought for it for them) to say that WE (who exactly is "we?") should go in and help Darfur with military force.

You cannot "grant" rights to anyone.  You are only free to the extent you don't disobey the law and how lucky you are in escaping coercion.  Don't believe me?  Well try driving around without licence plates and you'll see how free you really are.  Tyranny is only visible to those who resist it.

We were maybe spared from a worse dictator in the west, or were we?  There is no way of knowing how history might have turned out.

I never said any one "grants" any one anything.

My point was that those who fought before their time, fought so that their head would not be cut-off for what they speak.

There are laws in place to protect people's freedoms of safety against force and fraud.  Driving a car is not a right anyway. It is a privilege.

Freedom is NOT DEFINED   by being able to do whatever you want.

It is being able to Pursue happiness, without fear of losing it to force or fraud. The nature of what the government is supposed to do.

I personally disagree with the Nanny-State that we (USA) have become, with too many laws to protect people from their own stupidity.

One of the rights that we still do have, and that is a right that was fought for, is the right of Free Speech.

If you do not believe that fighting for that was worth it, then go speak freely in a country like Iran.

Have fun while you're head is chopped off.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: Meathead320 on May 29, 2007, 07:06:38 PM
Quote from: gameoverman on May 23, 2007, 08:36:09 PM
Quote from: Meathead320 on May 23, 2007, 08:26:00 PMThe 18-24 year old kids who refuse to join the military, and yet have the right (because of those who fought for it for them) to say that WE (who exactly is "we?") should go in and help Darfur with military force.

You cannot "grant" rights to anyone.  You are only free to the extent you don't disobey the law and how lucky you are in escaping coercion.  Don't believe me?  Well try driving around without licence plates and you'll see how free you really are.  Tyranny is only visible to those who resist it.

We were maybe spared from a worse dictator in the west, or were we?  There is no way of knowing how history might have turned out.

I never said any one "grants" any one anything.

My point was that those who fought before their time, fought so that their head would not be cut-off for what they speak.

There are laws in place to protect people's freedoms of safety against force and fraud.  Driving a car is not a right anyway. It is a privilege.

Freedom is NOT DEFINED   by being able to do whatever you want.

It is being able to Pursue happiness, without fear of losing it to force or fraud. The nature of what the government is supposed to do.

I personally disagree with the Nanny-State that we (USA) have become, with too many laws to protect people from their own stupidity.

One of the rights that we still do have, and that is a right that was fought for, is the right of Free Speech.

If you do not believe that fighting for that was worth it, then go speak freely in a country like Iran.

Have fun while you're head is chopped off.

Real freedom is when you are free from coercion - you live your life without harming other people.  Unfortunately, we are not free as the state take it upon itself to persecute people for "victimless crimes".

Driving a privilege?  You are taking an authoritarian view.  Really, I don't need someone telling me how to live my life (as long as I don't hurt anyone else).

There are degrees of freedom of speech - some are worse than others.  You'll find that even in western countries, you are free to say what you want - as long as you say what they approve of.  If you seriously threaten their power, they'll find some way to get rid of you.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: gameoverman on May 29, 2007, 11:35:52 PM

Real freedom is when you are free from coercion - you live your life without harming other people.  Unfortunately, we are not free as the state take it upon itself to persecute people for "victimless crimes".

Driving a privilege?  You are taking an authoritarian view.  Really, I don't need someone telling me how to live my life (as long as I don't hurt anyone else).

There are degrees of freedom of speech - some are worse than others.  You'll find that even in western countries, you are free to say what you want - as long as you say what they approve of.  If you seriously threaten their power, they'll find some way to get rid of you.

I'm all with you on the view of people being persecuted for victimless crimes.

On of the biggest things hurting the United states is our "war on drugs".

This is just the biggest example of a victimless crime, technically it does not fit the nature of crime.

Only force or fraud are true crimes. Nothing else. Drug use is not a crime by that definition. It is a valid agreement by two parties, both knowing the risks, therefor should not be illegal.

You also have a point about becoming public enemy #1 for what you say.

Take the Don Imus story. Big news, he is a Rasict old Prick, old news. He should have simply said that he is, and that he does not care, and then brought up the 1st amendment.

He still would have lost his job, but I can respect a guy who sticks up for his right to be a jerk.

Even if I do not agree with what he said personally.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Bush calls for more muscle in Darfur.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/02/17/AR2006021701935.html

Calm down my brethren  8)

Jungle Hunter

Jungle Hunter

You dont need muscle you need a f**king missle to level those basterds cause bush right now is trying to get some people on his side for all the bullshit in the past i say SEND IN THE PHONE BOOK AND EGG SPONGE to smite they hiethens

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: Jungle Hunter on May 30, 2007, 08:37:44 PM
You dont need muscle you need a f**king missle to level those basterds cause bush right now is trying to get some people on his side for all the bullshit in the past i say SEND IN THE PHONE BOOK AND EGG SPONGE to smite they hiethens

lol...I'm so tempted to ask you about the "Phone Book" and "Egg Sponge".  But I won't.  :D hahaha

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: Meathead320 on May 30, 2007, 02:56:54 AM
Quote from: gameoverman on May 29, 2007, 11:35:52 PM

I'm all with you on the view of people being persecuted for victimless crimes.

On of the biggest things hurting the United states is our "war on drugs".

This is just the biggest example of a victimless crime, technically it does not fit the nature of crime.

Only force or fraud are true crimes. Nothing else. Drug use is not a crime by that definition. It is a valid agreement by two parties, both knowing the risks, therefor should not be illegal.

You also have a point about becoming public enemy #1 for what you say.

Take the Don Imus story. Big news, he is a Rasict old Prick, old news. He should have simply said that he is, and that he does not care, and then brought up the 1st amendment.

He still would have lost his job, but I can respect a guy who sticks up for his right to be a jerk.

Even if I do not agree with what he said personally.

No, that guy is an idiot - his employer had every right to sack him.  That's not what I was talking about.

For example, in the country I'm in (Australia), we had this guy who was telling people about a different way to vote, that was still legal.  This way of voting would have taken away the votes from major parties.  So, surprise, he was put in jail.  You can read more about that here

SM

SM

QuoteBush calls for more muscle in Darfur.

Heard about this on the radio yesterday.
He's calling for more troops in the full knowledge that China and Russia will block it on the security council.

After Somalia, the US is shitscared of sending in troops to Africa.  If something like that happened again, what with the Iraq situation, the Republicans won't be re-elected for decades.

Jungle Hunter

Jungle Hunter

Quote from: Master Chief on May 30, 2007, 08:43:26 PM
Quote from: Jungle Hunter on May 30, 2007, 08:37:44 PM

lol...I'm so tempted to ask you about the "Phone Book" and "Egg Sponge".  But I won't.  :D hahaha
Its not some thing to ask me its a warning  :oDUM DUM DUM DUM...........DUM but sorry for  going off topic

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed