Just Talk.

Started by Amaterasu, Aug 22, 2013, 02:02:12 AM

Author
Just Talk. (Read 613,066 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 03, 2023, 05:41:46 PMTomorrow is the start date for my new engineer too. This'll be my genuine first day as a manager. I've been a supervisor before, but now I'm having to make sure HR sorts his contract and etc. I barely look after myself at, now I gotta be responsible for someone else.

How is it being a manager so far?  Are you acting like David Brent yet?

Blackdawn

Blackdawn

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 14, 2023, 06:16:42 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 14, 2023, 03:58:17 PMHow is it being a manager so far? 

https://media.tenor.com/H5e3t_U9D4oAAAAC/unlimited-power-star-wars.gif

Me, who's been a manager for 20 years. "We're not that bad!" LMAO!!!

Solid reply. Management approved. ::Snickers::

This little tidbit just made my day.

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 02, 2023, 04:55:51 PMYear 10 of unpaid care duty for me.

Um, thank you?  ;D

I'm personally stressing a bit. My website isn't launched yet and I'm still no where near to finishing my book when I had plans on getting it published by December. Looks like now I'll be formatting, proof reading and designing my cover in December then finally publishing in January.

Phoeey.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 14, 2023, 03:58:17 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 03, 2023, 05:41:46 PMTomorrow is the start date for my new engineer too. This'll be my genuine first day as a manager. I've been a supervisor before, but now I'm having to make sure HR sorts his contract and etc. I barely look after myself at, now I gotta be responsible for someone else.

How is it being a manager so far?  Are you acting like David Brent yet?

I never made it through the first episode...British humor is so cringey.

But having staff - it's not too different to when I was a supervisor at this point. I've spent the last 7 months living my life in meetings which is the manager life as far as I can tell.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Ho boy. Been one of those days.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Blackdawn on Sep 14, 2023, 06:24:17 PMUm, thank you?  ;D

For context, a stroke victim who can talk, walk and surprisingly, drive, but struggles with pretty much everything else on a cognitive level.

Blackdawn

Blackdawn

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 25, 2023, 02:10:59 AM
Quote from: Blackdawn on Sep 14, 2023, 06:24:17 PMUm, thank you?  ;D

For context, a stroke victim who can talk, walk and surprisingly, drive, but struggles with pretty much everything else on a cognitive level.

Sorry bout that. Don't feel left out though. Same here. He's had three strokes and fell twice. That's his Dad. His mom had one stroke and has Dementia. His mom isn't allowed to drive either.
Me and my husband haven't taken a vacation in about 10 years ourselves as we're on babysitting duty on shifts.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Yeah it's my dad too. My mum's strokes killed her.

Blackdawn

Blackdawn

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 25, 2023, 03:02:58 AMYeah it's my dad too. My mum's strokes killed her.

Sh*t. Sorry bout that.

My husband freaked out so bad when his dad fell and was unconscious my dog actually got between him and his dad to get him off his dad. So when his mom had her stroke he slept on a couch in the hospital for three days two hours away at the hospital.

Her dementia is so bad she actually thought the ambulance came to the house when my husband took her to the ER.

She couldn't walk when she got home. Had her in the backroom with a bell and me my husband were on 24/7 shifts for a whole month, but she thought she could walk as she forgot and would fall.

Just a whole lot.

If you ever need to talk or rant you can always message me. Doesn't mean it's hate talk. It's just taking care of someone like that can really wear you thin and getting a bad day off your chest can make you feel better.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Thanks for the offer, I might take you up on it some time.

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Got any bitches...

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Huh?

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 27, 2023, 12:15:54 AMHuh?
Sorry, I was kind of setting up a job that I don't have any girlfriend as a joke but I forgot about it

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

If I can get a girlfriend by posting questionable things and spouting bullshit on this very forum, there's hope for us all.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed