Aliens Continuity Change

Started by Perfect-Organism, Jul 17, 2014, 07:37:08 PM

Author
Aliens Continuity Change (Read 16,737 times)

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Much as I would like to have Hicks and everyone back, I see no wish to retcon Alien 3.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

You don't even need to retcon Alien3 to bring back Hicks.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 18, 2015, 06:41:01 AM
Then what would be the point of bringing Hicks back? :P

I'm in the "it's over and done with" camp.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 18, 2015, 06:41:01 AM

...We don't speak of that game!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 18, 2015, 08:53:36 AM...We don't speak of that game!

I think he was referring to the possibility of cloning Hicks.

At least, I hope he wasn't suggesting ACM...

But the issue with cloning is - what would be the point?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 18, 2015, 09:10:01 AM
Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 18, 2015, 08:53:36 AM...We don't speak of that game!

I think he was referring to the possibility of cloning Hicks.

At least, I hope he wasn't suggesting ACM...

But the issue with cloning is - what would be the point?
Oh you'd better believe I was referring to ACM. :P

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 18, 2015, 02:19:48 PMOh you'd better believe I was referring to ACM. :P

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Hud, call Mr. Weyland, tell him we need to have someone "disappear" for using "unsanitary methods". not even they would even use A:CM  :laugh:

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Ok, so it looks like we will have Alien 5 with all the buzz generated.  This is truly awesome.  I think whether you are a fan of the retcon or not, you have to admit that this is the most exciting Alien news of the year so far.  Now this is still conjecture but it seems based on the art, it seems that Michael Biehn / Hicks will be involved.  If so, I see some distinct possibilities on how that will play out.  The below 3 come to mind.  Which do you prefer most?

-Full retcon - Alien 3 and AR did not happen.  A new continuity is established post-Aliens.

-Semi retcon - Alien 3 and AR remain canon.  This would be basically along the lines of A:CM video game.

-Full continuity - Alien 3 and AR remain canon but for some arcane reason Hicks comes back weather through cloning or as an android some other reason.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

We don't know if the art is indicative of the direction Blomkamp will actually take the movie, the art was pretty much just him spitballing ideas for a fantasy project. We'll have to wait and see what actually plays out.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, we've no idea yet if the new film even has anything to do with Blomkamp's leaked concept art. It might go in a totally new (Hicks-less) direction if Fox don't want to override the events of the previous films.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 20, 2015, 09:22:36 AM
Yeah, we've no idea yet if the new film even has anything to do with Blomkamp's leaked concept art. It might go in a totally new (Hicks-less) direction if Fox don't want to override the events of the previous films.

I am hoping for this.. I am STRONGLY hoping for this.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Same.

While I'm not averse to Hicks coming back per se, the problem I have is that every means for that happening that I have seen suggested on here is, at best, completely unbelievable and nonsensical, and at worst, utterly ridiculous and stupid.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 20, 2015, 09:29:44 AM
While I'm not averse to Hicks coming back per se, the problem I have is that every means for that happening that I have seen suggested on here is, at best, completely unbelievable and nonsensical, and at worst, utterly ridiculous and stupid.

For me anyway, bringing back Hicks seems like it's just done for fan pandering.. Which is what happened in a certain video game which we will not speak of. Like I said, in regards to Dwayne Hicks... let sleeping dogs lie.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Well naturally, its conjecture until everything is confirmed, but I think that due to the photos we've seen it is a fair discussion to discuss the possibility of a Hicks Ripley return, and what would us fans think is the best way to do that...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed