Aliens Continuity Change

Started by Perfect-Organism, Jul 17, 2014, 07:37:08 PM

Author
Aliens Continuity Change (Read 16,738 times)

DwayneHicks

DwayneHicks

You can get over it as well.  :P

SM

SM

I have nothing to get over.  I dig Alien3.

DwayneHicks

DwayneHicks

I like aliens and I respect alien 3. I don't have a quarrel with you. 

SM

SM

Were we quarrelling?

DwayneHicks

DwayneHicks

I assumed we were, if not I enjoyed our conversation.

Spoonman101

Spoonman101

QuoteHix n' Noot
As a Canadian I really appreciate this.

Quote from: DwayneHicks on Jul 22, 2014, 05:23:53 AM
I assumed we were, if not if not I enjoyed our conversation.
宇亜炉痔気

Skulexander

Skulexander

I think it best to invent new characters for a continuation of the series.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Spoonman101 on Jul 22, 2014, 07:03:19 AM
QuoteHix n' Noot

宇亜炉痔気

Sorry.  As a Canadian, I also appreciate this.  Sorry.  That is, unless you have a problem with me appreciating the fact that you appreciate someone enjoying a conversation only upon confirming that it is not in fact an argument then I am truly sorry.  Also sorry about being sorry.  Sorry.

Quote from: SM on Jul 22, 2014, 05:08:53 AM
I have nothing to get over.  I dig Alien3.

I dig Alien 3 as well.  I think most of us do as a completely stand alone film.  But it is most likely neither for you, not for me, nor for most of us why we fell in love with the Alien franchise.  Nobody is going to come to your house and take your copy of Alien 3, or your great video game, or your Alan Dean Foster novelization.  Its all great fun Alien 3 stuff.  But I think in relation to the previous Alien films, it took the series in such a left field direction, that for the past 20 years, Fox has been thinking of how to get the series back on the right track.  A continuation of James Cameron's Aliens film by James Cameron, featuring Hicks, Ripley, Newt, and maybe even Bishop is the solution.  Come on, you know a part of you wants to see this become a reality...

Fans of the idea are invited to join our Facebook group below and to keep spreading this idea to other Aliens / Predator fan sites.

https://www.facebook.com/Aliens.Continuity.Change

Quote from: Skulexander on Jul 22, 2014, 11:24:12 AM
I think it best to invent new characters for a continuation of the series.

In other words, the main characters that would remain are just the Aliens themselves which are "just stupid animals".  That would be the equivalent about making 2 movies about crocodiles with different characters and saying that they are somehow related.  It would be like making a Batman movie without Bruce Wayne.  The core of the Aliens / Predator world is the Aliens film.  It is why most of us still care about this series.

SM, is there any way to get access to "Gibson's Script" you mentioned earlier?  I'd love to give that a read..  Thanks!

Spoonman101

Spoonman101

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 22, 2014, 03:11:09 PM
Quote from: Spoonman101 on Jul 22, 2014, 07:03:19 AM
QuoteHix n' Noot

宇亜炉痔気

Sorry.  As a Canadian, I also appreciate this.  Sorry.  That is, unless you have a problem with me appreciating the fact that you appreciate someone enjoying a conversation only upon confirming that it is not in fact an argument then I am truly sorry.  Also sorry about being sorry.  Sorry.
Sorry. I didn't mean to approach your thread in a jocular manner. Sorry, real sorry aboot that. Also sorry aboot your conversation not being an arguement in which sometimes it's considered healthy but scary but if you find it not scary then I'm sorry aboot making you sound like a cowering Calgary coyote, sorry eh. You must be a ferocious Quebecois lass or a tenacious Aboriginal native of Toronto? If not, then I'm sorry aboot mistaking your race or sex. If so then I'm sorry for being sorry and saying sorry for you being those things that I said sorry to you for.. Sorry aboot that...

Oh also sorry for this idea being bad

Aliens 2
IMDb: 1.2
Rotten Tomatoes: 7%

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Its ok Spoonman.  Just continue to "feel the rhythm with your hands".  Sorry.   ;)

Skulexander

Skulexander

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 22, 2014, 03:11:09 PMIn other words, the main characters that would remain are just the Aliens themselves which are "just stupid animals".  That would be the equivalent about making 2 movies about crocodiles with different characters and saying that they are somehow related.  It would be like making a Batman movie without Bruce Wayne.  The core of the Aliens / Predator world is the Aliens film.  It is why most of us still care about this series.

That is SO untrue. Of COURSE you can make an ALIENS movie as long as it has ALIENS in it. I dunno about you, but personally, a lot of the reason I watch movies like these is for the villains. The whole alien species is unique and has its own personality that I find interesting. Sure, we grew to love the characters in the Aliens movie, but who's to say we can't do the same for new characters? What's wrong with falling in love with new characters? The aliens are a setting, and you can put any characters you want into a setting. Are you saying you don't care if the new movie had aliens in it so long as it had Ripley, Newt, Hicks and Bishop? Really? The actors are old. They're not going to de-canonize 3 and 4. No one's going to want to watch it if they get new actors for the roles. It's just not gonna happen. Besides, even if they did de-canonize 3 and 4, why should they make another sequel? The characters already went through Hell and back. They already had their story told. Putting them through the same thing again would just be redundant.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Skulexander on Jul 22, 2014, 06:35:43 PM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 22, 2014, 03:11:09 PMIn other words, the main characters that would remain are just the Aliens themselves which are "just stupid animals".  That would be the equivalent about making 2 movies about crocodiles with different characters and saying that they are somehow related.  It would be like making a Batman movie without Bruce Wayne.  The core of the Aliens / Predator world is the Aliens film.  It is why most of us still care about this series.

That is SO untrue. Of COURSE you can make an ALIENS movie as long as it has ALIENS in it. I dunno about you, but personally, a lot of the reason I watch movies like these is for the villains. The whole alien species is unique and has its own personality that I find interesting. Sure, we grew to love the characters in the Aliens movie, but who's to say we can't do the same for new characters? What's wrong with falling in love with new characters? The aliens are a setting, and you can put any characters you want into a setting. Are you saying you don't care if the new movie had aliens in it so long as it had Ripley, Newt, Hicks and Bishop? Really? The actors are old. They're not going to de-canonize 3 and 4. No one's going to want to watch it if they get new actors for the roles. It's just not gonna happen. Besides, even if they did de-canonize 3 and 4, why should they make another sequel? The characters already went through Hell and back. They already had their story told. Putting them through the same thing again would just be redundant.

We can agree to disagree on this point.  I respect your position, and if an Aliens retcon film comes out, you can watch it at your free will.  I am definitely with you that Fox should not just pick up where the last film left off.  It should probably be set 20-25 years after.  The actors will do just fine.  The characters could find themselves as reluctant participants.  I don't know.  I'm just saying I and many others would love to see such a film with James Cameron at the helm.  If it is going to happen, it should be soon or will be too late...

SM

SM

It's not going to happen soon.  Cameron's going to be tied up with Avatar for the next 5 years, by which time he'll be in his mid-60s.  Siggy will be pushing 70, Lance will be pushing 80.

QuoteI think most of us do as a completely stand alone film.

It's not a completely stand alone film though.  It's utterly reliant on Aliens for its setup.  And I think you'll find many view the films - at the very least - as a trilogy.

Continuing to make wild generelisations isn't going to help your argument.

QuoteCome on, you know a part of you wants to see this become a reality...

Why?  I like the fact they took the road less travelled with Alien3, in spite of the films myriad flaws.  And if I didn't, I'd go read the comics where Hicks, Newt and Ripley lived.

QuoteSM, is there any way to get access to "Gibson's Script" you mentioned earlier?  I'd love to give that a read..  Thanks!

Probably just Google 'Alien 3 William Gibson'.  It should bring up a bunch of results.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jul 21, 2014, 10:54:13 PM
Quote from: SM on Jul 21, 2014, 10:02:57 PM
Even if "most of us" did want another James Cameron Alien film - you don't need to change continuity in order to achieve that.  He could just make another Alien film.

But that's highly unlikely to happen.  Why not just enjoy the one he did make?
Because for most if us it has been squeezed dried of enjoyment.
I honestly don't know what this means. Squeezed dry of enjoyment? How?

Skulexander

Skulexander

Yeah. I never get tired of that movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed