Disney & Fox Confirm Alien Series Remains In Development Under New Ownership!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 03, 2019, 11:27:02 PM

Author
Disney & Fox Confirm Alien Series Remains In Development Under New Ownership! (Read 83,419 times)

The Old One

The Old One

You're incorrect. As a said, the job is creating value. If receiving the most money over time's the goal, a final Prequel is inevitable.

The Old One

The Old One

Lmao yes.

Local Trouble

Ridley ain't getting any younger.

Samhain13

Evanus

If that means Disney dies it might be worth it!  :D

But really, I hope Fiendishly Inventive is right.. I certainly agree that finishing the prequels is the right step to take.

Huggs

I'd rather they wait until they've got an idea that's worth some money.

If Awakening would bring in less than Covenant, they might shelve the entire franchise for God knows how long.

Nukiemorph

There's no guarantee it would bring less than Covenant.

It was released in between Guardians 2 and Pirates 5 for crying out loud.

Release it in October and put colonial marines in it to jerk fans off.  I'd be surprised it if it made less than Covenant.

razeak

Star Wars had one flop and got other projects pulled.

Alien has never made that kind of money, so I would anticipate even less tolerance.

SM

I would anticipate more tolerance considering the difference in rating, budget, and historical size of fanbase and box office.

razeak

Solo was probably a big surprise for Disney, whereas Fox could probably see the potential for less revenue.

I hope it is an apples to oranges comparison, but bottom line is bottom line.  SW just has a much larger appeal.

Kimarhi

the fact that there is even a #teamprequel infesting the boards

SAD

razeak

I'm just hoping for the next entry to not be 10-15 years away. We need a hit.

Perfect-Organism

They should do the proper sequel to Aliens next with Ripley, Hicks and Newt for the big payoff that the masses have been hoping for for 30 years.  Then tie it in to another Scott prequel.  The prequel series must be completed regardless.  It would be unthinkable otherwise.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed