Disney & Fox Confirm Alien Series Remains In Development Under New Ownership!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 03, 2019, 11:27:02 PM

Author
Disney & Fox Confirm Alien Series Remains In Development Under New Ownership! (Read 83,443 times)

Samhain13

Samhain13

Well the prequels have been a wasted opportunity all along. That would just keep the pattern.

The series is full of entries with dead ends that never got a sequel.

The Old One

The Old One

No it isn't. And to a Studio such as Disney only the film Anthology is relevant and Alien, Aliens and Alien³ is a complete story, Alien Resurrection is self contained.
And for new popular entries? Isolation is also self-contained, as is The Cold Forge and the OG AVP comic.
The Prequel series is the only one to explicitly end on an unfinished note, as a Trilogy often does.

CainsSon

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 15, 2019, 04:35:34 AM
I think Covenant wrapped up the prequels quite well.

David eliminated all loose ends, destroyed the engineers, created the Alien, escaped purgatory, has his own ship complete with materials necessary to colonize his own world. He won and got everything. He's master of his own destiny, escaping into the vastness of space to commit unknown horrors.

I can live with that ending.

I have to disagree. Ending the prequels where it left off is so chock full of open ends, it serves to hurt the franchise in some ways. People need a clearer understanding of the link between the prequels and the original franchise. If you watch the film in consecutive order, then you will just be waiting for that storyline to return.
The obvious next chapter is David trying to perfect the creature only to have them turn on him.
I think there may be a way to tell that story with some sort of reboot, but I also wouldnt put it past disney to just ignore it at this point.
This is just another reason why a series is best suited to fix this franchise. If Disney puts the money up the way they have been for a good Alien series, there are lots of avenues to explore.

Kimarhi

Dat's why the reboot coming, so they never have to answer that crazy shizz.

irn

I'm happy if they do a sequel to follow on from Covenant or Alien 3 but if they reboot it then I am done with this franchise. I'll just take the first three films and ignore anything to do with them has ever happened since.

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah, agreed honestly, apart from TCF, Isolation, David's Drawings and the BTS stuff.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Aug 15, 2019, 09:25:49 PM
Yeah, agreed honestly, apart from TCF, Isolation, David's Drawings and the BTS stuff.

Don't be surprised if all of that ends up in the dustbin of apocrypha just like the old Star Wars EU did.

The Old One

The Old One

You're probably right, but I hope you're wrong.

Voodoo Magic

Evanus

Quote from: irn on Aug 15, 2019, 09:03:32 PM
I'm happy if they do a sequel to follow on from Covenant or Alien 3 but if they reboot it then I am done with this franchise. I'll just take the first three films and ignore anything to do with them has ever happened since.
I feel the same, honestly. Except I'll still embrace Prom/Covvie, for the most part. God, I'm sick of all this waiting.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Aug 15, 2019, 09:55:40 PM

Just play the RPG, Disney can't dictate to you in
Spoiler
Imagination Land.
[close]

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Aug 15, 2019, 10:11:48 PM
Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Aug 15, 2019, 09:55:40 PM

Just play the RPG, Disney can't dictate to you in
Spoiler
Imagination Land.
[close]

For now...

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 15, 2019, 09:29:26 PM
Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Aug 15, 2019, 09:25:49 PM

Don't be surprised if all of that ends up in the dustbin of apocrypha just like the old Star Wars EU did.

David's Drawings is directly connected to a film, so prolly not.

The other stuff is fair game.

Huggs

Them prequels, they are dead mahn. Truly...Dead.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 15, 2019, 11:39:41 PM
Them prequels, they are dead mahn. Truly...Dead.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed