Disney & Fox Confirm Alien Series Remains In Development Under New Ownership!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 03, 2019, 11:27:02 PM

Author
Disney & Fox Confirm Alien Series Remains In Development Under New Ownership! (Read 83,429 times)

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Stitch on Aug 09, 2019, 12:17:22 PM
I think Alien and Predator are just not in Disney's wheelhouse. They're never going to make Marvel money, and so they'll never get the budget they need, if they ever get a future at all.

I think they'll just sell the franchises. Maybe to Blumhouse.

As I've said before, at least with Predator it doesn't cost that much to make (Predators was 40 million and they still pulled it off). They are on the lower end of the spectrum and you get a decent haul out of them. The money has always been in the merchandise anyways and you get that on far less of a budget. Even the original film if adjusted for inflation it roughly comes out a little less than what it cost to make Predators. Predator 2 is a different story assuming Google's figure was correct, but given they'd actually been shooting on location I'd be able to see why it was so high.

Disney is also unlikely to sell off assets since gaining them was in part to wanting the back catalogue anyways. It's cheap, merchandise still moves, and you only have to make one every handful of years. So it's very much a low-risk investment. The films being out of commission doesn't mean other products wont move either. We still got toys, novels, comics, and games which Disney stands to benefit off of. Yeah it's not Marvel money,but neither is Oswald the lucky rabbit.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 07, 2019, 07:33:44 PM
Life was a far better Alien movie than any of Ridley's prequels if you ask me.

Life is better than Prometheus and Covenant as alien movie but is worse as a movie in general.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Ingwar on Aug 09, 2019, 08:47:34 PM

Life is better than Prometheus and Covenant as alien movie but is worse as a movie in general.

My head just exploded.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Why? I prefer Prometheus and Covenant than Life. They're better made movies. However Life is better as alien (not Alien) movie than Scott's films. Why? Because Scott's movies aren't really about aliens but David.

Huggs

Quote from: Ingwar on Aug 09, 2019, 08:47:34 PM

Life is better than Prometheus and Covenant as alien movie

Ingwar

Response full of intelligent arguments :)

Evanus

I guess you could say it was scarier/more suspenseful. Other than the Neomorph stuff in Covenant, the prequels are not that scary.

Ingwar

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Ingwar on Aug 09, 2019, 09:06:12 PM
Response full of intelligent arguments :)

Kidding aside, let me rewatch Life and weigh in on this again.  It's been a while.  I just recall being very unimpressed while watching it while recognizing echoes of Alien.

Ingwar

Ingwar

No worries. I should probably re watch Life as I have watched it once only.

Samhain13

I remember having a great time at the theater watching Life, more than the prequels sure. Haven't watched it since that day.

Xenomorph60

Disney: We would like to see the Alien franchise continue and take it in a new direction...

Ridley Scott: I don't feel so good...

But really I was scared at first but I am glad/surprised to see that most people would like to at least see the prequels finished before we start something new. That is all I ever wanted.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Stitch on Aug 09, 2019, 12:17:22 PM
I think Alien and Predator are just not in Disney's wheelhouse. They're never going to make Marvel money, and so they'll never get the budget they need, if they ever get a future at all.

I think they'll just sell the franchises. Maybe to Blumhouse.

Nah, they won't sell. It's Hulu, Hulu, Hulu

We already learned that Disnox will be releasing around 10 Movies per year, with half or more going to Disney+/Hulu.

If we learned anything from the Tongal shorts is Alien can be made on the cheap, and so obviously can Predator with its Earth based locales. They are already established properties with built-in audiences.

To me the road-map is crystal clear, with James Cameron and Sigourney Weaver as the wildcard of course.

Perfect-Organism

That would be the dream solution.  Come on Jim, show Riddles how it's done.

Evanus

Too busy doing 50 Avatar sequels. :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed