Disney & Fox Confirm Alien Series Remains In Development Under New Ownership!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 03, 2019, 11:27:02 PM

Author
Disney & Fox Confirm Alien Series Remains In Development Under New Ownership! (Read 83,449 times)

The Old One

The Old One

It requires finishing.

SM

Quote from: iain on Aug 08, 2019, 05:10:03 PM
Could this mean the end of the franchise?

No.

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Aug 08, 2019, 06:02:54 PM
It requires finishing.

I disagree on a cellular level, but to each their own

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Evanus on Aug 08, 2019, 09:43:03 PM
Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Aug 08, 2019, 06:02:54 PM
It requires finishing.

To a portion of us fans, it does. But we'll all go to an Alien film regardless if it's connected or not.

But I would say to the general populace, no, they're not clamoring for finishing, and I would imagine Disnox is quite aware of this.

I would anticipate finishing in the EU is the likely the best we can hope for, and something new in the form of a Hulu series or movie... or a Sigourney Requel that can be a launching pad for younger characters like Newt is where the smart money lies.

Nukiemorph

Honestly, at this point, I'd accept finishing in the EU.  I'd even accept Ridley announcing where he was planning to take everything in an interview so we at least have a general idea of what happened between Covenant and Alien.

I just want a little closure and I'm lowering my expectations.

Kimarhi

I think there is little chance the prequel series is finished now.

Disney I'm sure will turn their nose up at the experimental nature of the prequel series.

And any other corporation that buys the franchise from disney is under no obligation to continue the series.

I actually think the series is MORE safe with Disney than other studios because Disney will at least put money into the franchise and go for more formulatic ideas, while some smaller studio might be more experimental and produce trash.

Disney isn't going to release any AvPrs.

Huggs

Huggs

Ridley will hold onto it forever. Unless he gets to make the movie, we're never going to know.

I'd like to see it all play out in the EU. Heck, I'd read a novel version of Neil's Alien 5. Crazy ideas seem to come off better on paper anyway.

What I'd like to see, for starters.

David/Shaw Novel "Journey to Paradise".
"Alien: Awakening" Novel
NB's Alien 5 novel
Novelizations of Gibson, Twohy, and Wards Alien 3 scripts
Another full length Alien audible drama
A predator audible drama
AVP: Prey audible drama
Sequel novel to Predators 2010
Official Predator 3 novel
Tv series based in the Alien universe
Sequel collections to "if it bleeds" and "bug hunt"
An original novel detailing the events of a xenomorph infestation, as told through survivor debriefs (in the spirit of WWZ).

Kimarhi

Ridley is about as big time a director as there is.

But he's little fry compared to the behemoth that is the disney corporation. 

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: David's Creation on Aug 08, 2019, 10:29:14 PM
Honestly, at this point, I'd accept finishing in the EU.  I'd even accept Ridley announcing where he was planning to take everything in an interview so we at least have a general idea of what happened between Covenant and Alien.

I just want a little closure and I'm lowering my expectations.

It seems to be one of the few possibilities left at the moment. But I wanted an audiovisual experience, like a mini series or something  :-\

Samhain13

Quote from: David's Creation on Aug 08, 2019, 10:29:14 PM
I'd even accept Ridley announcing where he was planning to take everything in an interview so we at least have a general idea of what happened between Covenant and Alien.

I doubt he has that already decided even by now.

The Old One

The Old One

I think Disney's the one
deciding now.

Highland

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Aug 09, 2019, 01:44:37 AM
I think Disney's the one
deciding now.

I dunno, Scotts age is actually a bonus in this scenario. He's most likely at ( or already been in) the "Screw it, it's my life" part of his life.

Stitch

I think Alien and Predator are just not in Disney's wheelhouse. They're never going to make Marvel money, and so they'll never get the budget they need, if they ever get a future at all.

I think they'll just sell the franchises. Maybe to Blumhouse.

Drukathi

Drukathi

Quote from: Stitch on Aug 09, 2019, 12:17:22 PM
I think Alien and Predator are just not in Disney's wheelhouse. They're never going to make Marvel money, and so they'll never get the budget they need, if they ever get a future at all.

I think they'll just sell the franchises. Maybe to Blumhouse.

No. Universal Pictures.Finally we can see Alien vs The Thing. And Predator vs Dracula, Predator vs the Invisible man. :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed