Disney & Fox Confirm Alien Series Remains In Development Under New Ownership!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 03, 2019, 11:27:02 PM

Author
Disney & Fox Confirm Alien Series Remains In Development Under New Ownership! (Read 83,427 times)

razeak

I'm growing increasingly ambivalent toward continuing from Covenant the more I think about it.

Still Collating...

Now this is why cliffhangers suck. Unless you're filming all of the films at the same time, in one go, you can never guarantee that you'll have the money to make the rest. So we get an unfinished story cause who gives a shit about respecting the audience that's actually watching this and wants the full story?

And wtf Disney? I already never cared for the Marvel movies much and I'm tired of superheros altogether. When the money is the only focus, there's no more room for creativity and art. Without risks, no art. If they really tighten things as much as we feared, things will get so bland. There'll be less movies for me it seems.
If they really plan on ignoring Alien and Predator, give it to someone else. Give them tv shows and let people there try a new approach. I'm much more excited for and satisfied by shows than movies anymore.

Local Trouble

They should hire ADF to finish the story in novel form.

Evanus

They should just make the third film, with a good script and clear vision, that's what they should do!

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Still Collating... on Aug 07, 2019, 10:14:39 PM
Now this is why cliffhangers suck. Unless you're filming all of the films at the same time, in one go, you can never guarantee that you'll have the money to make the rest. So we get an unfinished story cause who gives a shit about respecting the audience that's actually watching this and wants the full story?

And wtf Disney? I already never cared for the Marvel movies much and I'm tired of superheros altogether. When the money is the only focus, there's no more room for creativity and art. Without risks, no art. If they really tighten things as much as we feared, things will get so bland. There'll be less movies for me it seems.
If they really plan on ignoring Alien and Predator, give it to someone else. Give them tv shows and let people there try a new approach. I'm much more excited for and satisfied by shows than movies anymore.

Ehem... Dune

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 07, 2019, 10:24:39 PM

Yes. I've said this before.

Quote from: Evanus on Aug 07, 2019, 11:12:05 PM
They should just make the third film, with a good script and clear vision, that's what they should do!

But that's asking too much.

Samhain13

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 07, 2019, 10:24:39 PM

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 07, 2019, 11:54:47 PM
Yes. I've said this before.

ADF will MAKE THE ALIEN's ORIGIN GREAT AGAIN!

Evanus

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 07, 2019, 11:54:47 PM
Quote from: Evanus on Aug 07, 2019, 11:12:05 PM

But that's asking too much.
Apparently.  >:(

I need closure! Guess I'll never get it lol.

The Old One

The Old One

I'm sticking to my prediction.
The Final Prequel's on it's way, Directed by Ridley Scott, but really Directed by Disney.

Local Trouble

With a laundry list of studio mandates?

SuperiorIronman

If none of this is on the schedule for 2020 to maybe 2021 it makes sense. So if Iger is sending his guys down to whip everybody into shape, more power to him. I'd be damned if I'd let a studio holding those franchises continue to screw up since it cut into the bottom line.

I hate to be overly optimistic about this but like I said, Disney isn't about to loose money on those properties. If all they wanted was X-men they wouldn't have bothered with the purchase. X-men rights don't travel so Disney gets them regardless. If Iger sends his people to fix this rather than close the studio that's a blessing. If Disney wants Alien and Predator to be healthy franchises, let them. At the very least it's going to be profitable.

Huggs

I think Predator is done for a long while.

After the mess that was made of the last one, I don't believe casuals are going to bother seeing another until it's far out of mind. If the interest isn't there, then the money isn't there, and neither is Disney.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Anyone else see the rumors about the Disney+/ESPN+/Hulu package being only $12.99?  If it's true, they've already got me.

Honestly, anything that gets featured on a streaming juggernaut like that will probably get more eyeballs than most theatrically released films.

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 08, 2019, 01:04:34 AM

After the mess that was made of the last one, I don't believe casuals are going to bother seeing another until it's far out of mind. If the interest isn't there, then the money isn't there, and neither is Disney.

They never made Disney money. The solo Predator films (including The Predator) made money consistent with each other. The reason we write of The Predator as a loss was that somebody made the production redo the entire third act which costs millions to do. It would've done fine in fact world-wide it's about as profitable as the crossovers. But re-shooting an entire third act and saddling that film with an extra third of it's production budget was careless. It's the highest grossing of the solo franchise, but once you saddle it with what it cost to market, the third of it's budget tacked on, the inability to sell merchandise since they're no longer in the film, you loose millions on it. The decision for the re-shoots is the single worst idea the suits could've had on that production since while it wouldn't have done well critically, it still would've gotten more than what they did on tax credits.

These films don't cost that much to make. You throw a few million into it and you come back with a decent haul. It's not Marvel kinds of successful, but few horror movies are. If you think throwing money at the problem would make it go away you're in the wrong business. It's a problem of suits and less the GA since these movies aren't blockbusters to begin with and expecting that as well in September? No, that's dumb. It's out of season since the 2018 Summer season was filled with heavy hitters but still gave people reason to go to the theater and now that it's wrapped up and people are back or coming back from Vacation? This was a disaster waiting to happen. 

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 08, 2019, 01:04:34 AM

Maybe the upcoming game will bring more interest after its release. But yeah the movies will be in a limbo for a while.

Is there any way to see like the "box office" of the EU stuff? Maybe even if Disney doesn't want to invest on more movies they can keep the games/books if those have been doing well lately.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed