Dead Space (Read 93,055 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: The Old One on Jun 08, 2019, 01:38:05 AM
Agreed or at least re-released.

the gunplay needs to be redone for it to hold peoples interest today

The Old One

The Old One

I agree, but I think it going from unspectacular/average to tedious is part of the point.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Spec Ops: The Line is fantastic.

Also, I have a full-size Dead Space 1 plasma cutter replica. I keep meaning to replace the LEDs with actual high-end lasers so you can see the beams and stuff, but I haven't gotten around to it.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jun 08, 2019, 04:43:28 AM
Spec Ops: The Line is fantastic.

Never heard of it, but it's backward compatible for the X1 so maybe I'll check it out next time it's on sale.

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jun 08, 2019, 04:43:28 AM
Also, I have a full-size Dead Space 1 plasma cutter replica. I keep meaning to replace the LEDs with actual high-end lasers so you can see the beams and stuff, but I haven't gotten around to it.

Pics?

The Old One

The Old One

Yes it is, at least digitally.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 08, 2019, 01:17:04 PMNever heard of it, but it's backward compatible for the X1 so maybe I'll check it out next time it's on sale.

Gameplay-wise it's honestly fairly average.

But that's not where its strengths lie.

The Old One

The Old One

Indeed but it facilitates it's strengths.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Incidentally, Local - definitely don't spoil the plot ahead of time if you can help it.

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah, don't watch the video until afterwards.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

You mean it actually has a plot?  It sounds like another generic war game.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Nah bruh.  It came out too late for the PS3/360 and few know it.  It should've been a launch title for ps4/xbone

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 12, 2019, 01:41:02 AM
You mean it actually has a plot?  I sounds like another generic war game.

It ain't.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 12, 2019, 01:41:02 AMYou mean it actually has a plot?  It sounds like another generic war game.

That's part of the genius. It seems like it's gonna be "another generic war game" but it winds up being a lot more.

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah, definitely.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 12, 2019, 08:18:26 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 12, 2019, 01:41:02 AMYou mean it actually has a plot?  It sounds like another generic war game.

That's part of the genius. It seems like it's gonna be "another generic war game" but it winds up being a lot more.
The first level is almost deliberately "generic war shooter #15643" in terms of gameplay, and then things get a LOT more interesting. Hands down one of my favorite games from the last console generation.

Re: plasma cutter pics, I'll see what I can do after work.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed