Just got AvP Classic last night... Forgot how AWFUL this game is.

Started by czar225, Dec 06, 2014, 07:25:31 PM

Author
Just got AvP Classic last night... Forgot how AWFUL this game is. (Read 5,434 times)

Jango1201

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jan 28, 2015, 03:12:22 AM
Quote from: Jango1201 on Jan 28, 2015, 03:00:30 AM
I never troll, just post opinions. In this case I was probably being overly fanboy-ish of the game.

I don't think that was directed at you as you both share a positive view of the game, as opposed to the negative view of the one who started the thread.

I thought it was but your probably right.  Oops.  :D

Jegeren

Yeah I was referring to op. As a believer in free speech I believe he is entitled to express his opinion without being flamed. So I just stated I disagreed with him. Plus in liking the game Jango, we're on the same page for sure. I find AVP Classic to be overlooked because of the second, which did have a far better narrative structure, but I just think the raw gameplay of AVP classic can't be topped and nailed each species' feel and atmosphere more than any other. I love both games in their own way though.

The Cruentus

AVPClassic is a good game though I only played the gold version, personally I prefer the sequel by monolith for the reasons a member stated above, better narrative and I enjoyed playing as an alien in it as you went through the whole lifecycle and felt like an alien, I love the sound effects as well, right from the movies (predator vision and lock-on) for example.
That being said, everyone has different tastes and if you didn't like it, you didn't like it, I don't remember the Aliens being lightning fast in it though, I killed them all fairly easy far as I remember,  it may simply down to either experience and reaction time. If you are slow to react then you will get killed. Try practicing or change the sensitivity settings.

Born Of Cold Light

The story for this game left something to be desired but beyond that, it was amazing.  It had the perfect environment where you knew that you were alone, vulnerable, and could die at any second.  The sequel had better graphics and a more cohesive story but it lost the sense of primal fear that the first game had.

reecebomb

AvP Classis is well a classic. I completed all three species with directors cut and it was the most intense gaming experience i ever had. Still way more atmospheric and scarier than Colonial Marines.

thecaffeinatedone

Quote from: aliens13 on Dec 06, 2014, 07:47:25 PM
Go play Aliens Colonial Marines or Call of Duty then.

I like your reasoning behind the statement.

R Lar

I beat it when I was like 12. It's not that hard.

Born Of Cold Light

Quote from: R Lar on Mar 15, 2015, 06:14:50 PM
I beat it when I was like 12. It's not that hard.

On what difficulty?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed