Just got AvP Classic last night... Forgot how AWFUL this game is.

Started by czar225, Dec 06, 2014, 07:25:31 PM

Author
Just got AvP Classic last night... Forgot how AWFUL this game is. (Read 5,435 times)

czar225

Quote from: WinterActual on Dec 07, 2014, 04:03:49 PM
The AvP games are not interpreting the movies. They are set on different planets.

If the aliens were behind the corner you should have know that already via your motion tracker.

They are based on the movie franchise, which means that they should be trying to re-create the action and feel of the movies as closely as they can. 

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: czar225 on Dec 07, 2014, 10:00:57 PM
The AvP games are not interpreting the movies. They are set on different planets.

If the aliens were behind the corner you should have know that already via your motion tracker.

They are based on the movie franchise, which means that they should be trying to re-create the action and feel of the movies as closely as they can. 

But AvP1 (1999) and AvP2 (2001) both came out before the first AvP movie (2004), and before either of those the comics.  :P

Doktor Wunderbar

Quote from: czar225 on Dec 07, 2014, 10:00:57 PM

It was also made in 1999.  There was only so much they could do to recreate that kind of fear.

BelatedGamer

I feel like you're just not very good at the game.  Not trying to insult you or anything, but the fast speed of everything actually improves the atmosphere by making everything frantic and stressful, not to mention the random enemy spawning will always keep you on your toes.  It does a wonderful job of recreating the action and feel of the movies while translating it into the medium of gaming, even if certain specifics are off (and many of those specifics would just make the game boring or even more frustrating anyway).  Once again, I'm not trying to be mean, but most of your complaints just come down to you not being that good at it, which is nothing to be ashamed of because it does take some time to get used to after a decade of shooters that play very differently from this one.

Vrastal

I started playign this game in like 5th grade,  over 10 yeas ago. i was bad at it and it scared me. I love how much faster the aliens are in it. It is totally worth the 10 bucks it costs on steam. its a nice challange and you arent walked through evey step of the game. i sorta miss those in the old games, first time i played avp2 took me hours to figure where to go.

Yeah i prefer avp2 it has a much more solid story and it feels like a longer game.

TLDR; AvP classic would recommend to friends.

PsyKore

I think AvP99 did the best interpretation of the Aliens, especially when playing as the Alien. I loved how you could hide in the dark and Marines would literally walk right beneath you completely unaware of your presence. That game actually made you feel like the Alien, it properly immersed you as a hunter, and no other AvP game since has come close to replicating that feeling.

Corporal Hicks

AvP Classic is a game from a different age, a game that used the style of gameplay and its visuals to recreate the feel of the films. And it did a damn good job for its time. The game can be flown through very easily once you're used to it. The speed is a product of its age, so many games from the early 00s are super fast.

It most certainly isn't an awful game. But different strokes.

razeak

Sweet CoD gamer tears...nom nom nom. :p

I don't have much trouble hitting aliens, like zilch.

Inverse Effect

I prefer AVP Gold to COD

WinterActual

Quote from: razeak on Dec 08, 2014, 10:27:28 PM
Sweet CoD gamer tears...nom nom nom. :p

Exactly  ;)

Xenomrph

AvPClassic is awesome and anyone who doesn't like it is a dirty filthy heretic and will be the first ones against the wall when the glorious revolution comes.

Okay maybe that's a bit of hyperbole, but AvPClassic still rules.

Jango1201

When I got my hands on AVP I was 12 years old. The only FPS' I've played before that was Doom and Duke Nukem. Yet I never had any issues with nailing my targets or getting frustrated with game play mechanics. I died A LOT but it was always the nature of the beast and absolutely nothing to whine and rant about. I still play it to this day  :)

Jegeren

I am going to assume you are not trolling, in which case you are entitiled to your opinion, but I and a lot of the fanbase disagree with you. Personally, it is my favorite AVP game to date and an absolute masterpiece. I still play it to this day and don't think it will get topped. I actually prefer its retro high paced gameplay and think it suits the game's vision more than a "modern" game could.

Jango1201

I never troll, just post opinions. In this case I was probably being overly fanboy-ish of the game.

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Jango1201 on Jan 28, 2015, 03:00:30 AM
I never troll, just post opinions. In this case I was probably being overly fanboy-ish of the game.

I don't think that was directed at you as you both share a positive view of the game, as opposed to the negative view of the one who started the thread.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed