Proj2501's Alien/Predator Recolors.

Started by Proj2501, Mar 24, 2010, 08:41:38 PM

Author
Proj2501's Alien/Predator Recolors. (Read 1,080 times)

Proj2501

Proj2501

Some old Alien and Predator comics have bad coloring.

Here's one I did real quick from A:CM.

Everlasting Undead

I started working on some of these something like 14 years ago, on the old AvP: War, which was originally published in black and white. Thought I might have had them on my laptop, but they must've been on the one upstairs.

I'll see if I can dig them out, compare and swap comments. Photoshop and a mix of Dodge and Burn, or did you just use the airbrush tool?

Proj2501

I never use Dodge or Burn. Airbrush? Just the standard PS brush. I remove all color, then paint over.

Corporal Hicks

Interesting. That's a nice idea and I like that panel. I'd love to see more of your work.

Everlasting Undead

Just the brush? Good working, there.

Back when I used to do this for other comics, and I'm talking 13 - 14 years ago, we used a couple of programs called Colorize to pick out separate each different objects (man's skin, clothing, eyes, hair, etc) for everything on the page, importing the colours in to Photoshop, then import the linework as a different channel.

It was a massively drawn-out and elaborate scheme, but this was using Photoshop 3, which is probably about 6 versions behind now, at least, and before Layers were the norm. It was always a lengthy process, but some of the stuff was well worth it.

Everlasting Undead

An oldie...

Corporal Hicks

Looks very Operation: Aliens. Was that the intention?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed