Box Office Takings for The Predator

Started by Tetsujin, Jul 20, 2018, 05:00:59 PM

Author
Box Office Takings for The Predator (Read 85,005 times)

Denton Smalls

Quote from: The Old One on Aug 03, 2018, 06:48:42 PM
I ain't reading that.

EDIT: Ok, but I'll get back to you on that.

First off;

Will Smith, David Ayer and Adam Sandler are terrible examples for your argument to have credibility.

Blumhouse makes trash, jump-scare primary horror films that take no chances and appeal to a wide audience doing so. IT is a good example, even when it's well made it isn't inspired.

Alien would be nothing without it's storytelling true, but that storytelling was more in the design of the world and things inferred by it than in exposition.
There's less opportunity for that in a streaming service, so far that I have seen- I'm willing to admit I may be wrong on this, but nothing has totally blown me away that was created for streaming rather than was just hosted there.

I'd be fine with both a streaming service and films, but I don't want it to be Iron Fist tier.

No offense but everything you've written so far has been your own personal opinion, you're sidestepping, and you're in the minority judging by factual numbers and logic.

How are Will Smith, Ayer and Sandler poor examples of Netflix throwing huge budgets at films? Bright had a budget almost as big as Covenant.

You aren't offering anything to support your case that boils down to something other than "me no think this good...me think this bad because me no like..."

The Old One

The Old One

Happy to be in the minority. Wouldn't be the first time.

Bright is terrible, that's why I didn't deem it as mattering- it's budget was as big as Covenant?
Could've fooled me, looks like it was made on shoestring.

The best stuff on Netflix, was not made for Netflix- that's the fact of the matter.

Denton Smalls

Quote from: The Old One on Aug 03, 2018, 10:29:30 PM
Happy to be in the minority. Wouldn't be the first time.

Bright is terrible, that's why I didn't deem it as mattering- it's budget was as big as Covenant?
Could've fooled me, looks like it was made on shoestring.

The best stuff on Netflix, was not made for Netflix- that's the fact of the matter.

That's your opinion of the matter, but I respect it.  :)

David

I am afraid 30 M will be the domestic gross.

Danversity

Quote from: David on Aug 15, 2018, 04:01:10 PM
I am afraid 30 M will be the domestic gross.

Not in a million years.

happypred

I'd be pleasantly surprised if this beats AvP Requiem's 130 million worldwide revenue

whiterabbit

You guys are fretting too much. Let's be real, The Predator is the only real game in town for the month of September. It's bank if it's decent. There isn't that much in most of October as well. The production team knows this.

Denton Smalls

Quote from: whiterabbit on Aug 16, 2018, 11:43:24 AM
You guys are fretting too much. Let's be real, The Predator is the only real game in town for the month of September. It's bank if it's decent. There isn't that much in most of October as well. The production team knows this.

Agreed. Perfect release date. Helped work wonders for It last year.

YTL_Hunter_H2

If this doesn't crush either AvP I would be shocked

Danversity

Quote from: YTL_Hunter_H2 on Aug 16, 2018, 02:50:28 PM
If this doesn't crush either AvP I would be shocked

Agreed. Perfect release date + people are actually excited for the movie. I think it's gonna do very well.

Dannyboy

Budgets up! $125 million

Corporal Hicks

Where's that on?

Tetsujin

Tetsujin

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 18, 2018, 05:49:50 PM
Where's that on?

Wiki - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Predator_(film)

QuoteRunning time - 101 minutes[2]
Country - United States
Language - English
Budget - $125 million

no link - fake!  ;)

Corporal Hicks

Ahhh, yeah, no link no convince.

Dannyboy

Dannyboy

Quote from: Tetsujin on Aug 18, 2018, 05:51:47 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 18, 2018, 05:49:50 PM
Where's that on?

Wiki - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Predator_(film)
Sorry fellas, forgot the link.
QuoteRunning time - 101 minutes[2]
Country - United States
Language - English
Budget - $125 million

no link - fake!  ;)
Sorry fellas, forgot the link.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Predator_(film)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed