Was The Empire Strikes Back actually a good movie?

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Apr 02, 2024, 07:34:30 PM

Was the Empire Strikes Back actually a good movie?

No, it was a bit rubbish actually
0 (0%)
No, Lucas should have directed it
3 (37.5%)
No, it is overrated
1 (12.5%)
No, it's an absolute pile of bollocks
4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author
Was The Empire Strikes Back actually a good movie? (Read 737 times)

SiL

And when you finish peeling you realise it was empty all along.

E. Shaw

Quote from: SiL on Apr 05, 2024, 03:20:33 AMAnd when you finish peeling you realise it was empty all along.

Some of best tales are thus, roads to nowhere or right back to where you started.

SiL

Some of the worst, too!

E. Shaw

glass half full or half empty.

Neila

Unfortunately there is no option to like the film in the voting :)
For me, Star Wars was always an adventure and not meant to be taken too seriously.
TESB It's basically about the Empire's quest for revenge and a deeper look at some of the characters.
With a franchise with so many films, there will always be different narrative directions.

Personally, I hate all prequels and sequels outside of the Original Trilogy.
Except Rogue One, I loved the idea of explaining the Death Star's vulnerability. However, I agree that the fairytale quality has been lost a bit over the years and the films and series have become a bit more serious.
If you look at RO and then ANH, it doesn't really fit together in terms of mood.
But both are good films that belong to a timeline.

what was the question again?
So yes, I still like Empire :D

SiL

It's a joke

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Ingwar on Apr 04, 2024, 09:05:35 PMTESB (it doesn't even deserve to use its full title) is "an absolute pile of bollocks". It cannot compete with The Last Jedi, a true masterpiece and creme de la creme of Star Wars saga.

The Last Jedi was the only movie of the new trilogy I genuinely liked.

Ingwar

Man, I was being sarcastic :P

TESB is the best SW movie ever and TLJ is one of the worst ;D

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I know and I disagree on TLJ.

E. Shaw

Quote from: Neila on Apr 05, 2024, 09:09:08 AMUnfortunately there is no option to like the film in the voting :)
For me, Star Wars was always an adventure and not meant to be taken too seriously.
TESB It's basically about the Empire's quest for revenge and a deeper look at some of the characters.
With a franchise with so many films, there will always be different narrative directions.

Personally, I hate all prequels and sequels outside of the Original Trilogy.
Except Rogue One, I loved the idea of explaining the Death Star's vulnerability. However, I agree that the fairytale quality has been lost a bit over the years and the films and series have become a bit more serious.
If you look at RO and then ANH, it doesn't really fit together in terms of mood.
But both are good films that belong to a timeline.

what was the question again?
So yes, I still like Empire :D

The Classic / Original Trilogy is a masterpiece. The chemistry of Ford, Fisher, and Hamill is sublime, and James Earl Jones as Lord's Vader's voice, David Prowse in the suite, and Bob Anderson in the suite for duels.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed