What is your learning disability?

Started by CanadianHero67, Oct 07, 2007, 07:40:08 PM

Author
What is your learning disability? (Read 4,030 times)

CanadianHero67

I have mild autism. It's mild because I have autism but at a certain level as in i'm pretty smart for a guy with autism. Infact i'm so smart I tell my friends I have mild autism and they don't beleive me well most of them anyway. It's almost as if I don't have it but thats thanks to special teachers and all that I had to help me. I was smart since I was 5 years old. :)

Thedus

Thedus

I have a mild and unclassified learning disorder.  ...Actually, I didn't know I had one until about 7 or 8 years ago.  I have a difficult time processing certain types of information, as a result I have a hard time retaining some knowledge.  Throughout my school years, and part of college, I was often seen as lazy, or unmotivated.  But it turns out it has to do with how I process information, and in what manner that information is presented to me.

I say it's "unclassified" because I never pursued finding out what exactly it is.  I'm in my late 30's and I've long since found ways to compensate for the way I process information.

Noir-Gojira

I am easily bored.

War Wager

I'm horribly sh*t at maths...

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I don't have have any disablitys. I do get very mad fast if anyone piss me off.

The Ultimate Predator

When I was a kid I used to have dyspraxia. I'm past it now, though it still effects me to an extent, I find it takes longer for me to learn things that focus on hand-eye coordination. Still, it doesn't bother me too much, if at all.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

My problem is... oh never mind.

Johnny Handsome

I get easily in rage if someone pisses me off, had a alot of trouble with the police by now which i regret when i look back to it, but i just can´t do anything against it.
Other then that im pretty much good in everything.

Kriszilla

A lot of people with learning disorders use them as excuses to be assholes in my experience. I'm not saying anybody here does that, but I have a few examples that come to mind all the time.

*A boy I know who always picks fights with my younger brother for no reason. If I walk up to him and raise my hand against him, people start shouting at me, saying it's not his fault, he's got ADHD, but the reality of it is people just sit there and watch while he does it, I mean, his stupid mother just sits there and smiles while he throws stones at toddlers ffs.

*Somebody I knew during school who used his mild Dyspraxia as an excuse for being lazy all the time. He kept on saying how he needed a special needs helper, but if it was really as bad as he made out, he would have actually been assigned one by the school. He used to be really smart, but once he found out he had Dyspraxia, he started acting stupid.

*Lastly someone else I know who has aspergers and always gets into fights overstupid things, and hates having his stuff touched. I mean, sure, his life has been f**ked up in lots of ways by lots of people, but his parents always used his aspergers as an excuse for his behaviour. The real reason was his mother intimidated all the female teachers so they were always scared to have a go at him for not working. He once sat through an entire school day reading comics and the teachers were too scared to do anything.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Kriszilla on Oct 07, 2007, 08:53:19 PM
A lot of people with learning disorders use them as excuses to be assholes in my experience. I'm not saying anybody here does that, but I have a few examples that come to mind all the time.

*A boy I know who always picks fights with my younger brother for no reason. If I walk up to him and raise my hand against him, people start shouting at me, saying it's not his fault, he's got ADHD, but the reality of it is people just sit there and watch while he does it, I mean, his stupid mother just sits there and smiles while he throws stones at toddlers ffs.

*Somebody I knew during school who used his mild Dyspraxia as an excuse for being lazy all the time. He kept on saying how he needed a special needs helper, but if it was really as bad as he made out, he would have actually been assigned one by the school. He used to be really smart, but once he found out he had Dyspraxia, he started acting stupid.

*Lastly someone else I know who has aspergers and always gets into fights overstupid things, and hates having his stuff touched. I mean, sure, his life has been f**ked up in lots of ways by lots of people, but his parents always used his aspergers as an excuse for his behaviour. The real reason was his mother intimidated all the female teachers so they were always scared to have a go at him for not working. He once sat through an entire school day reading comics and the teachers were too scared to do anything.
Are you refering to me or to anchorpoint?

The Ultimate Predator

Quote from: Kriszilla on Oct 07, 2007, 08:53:19 PM

A lot of people? You've named 3.

Alienseseses

I have short term memory, because I can't remember everything in class.

Pvt. Hicks

This kid literally, acts retarded, just to get in the special education class. He was in my class last year, and he was perfectly normal. Now he acts really dumb just so he can be in that class, and he always waves and winks and smiles at me, I don't know what his problem is.

CanadianHero67

Nice reward Phantom. :)

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Bahaha! ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed