Monsters: Dark Continent

Started by ShadowPred, Jun 28, 2012, 12:41:30 AM

Author
Monsters: Dark Continent (Read 7,727 times)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

http://www.slashfilm.com/monsters-sequel-story-revealed/

QuoteNews on the development of a sequel to Gareth Edwards' lo-fi indie sci-fi romance Monsters was quiet for a while, but the movie recently raised its head once again. UK director Tom Green (Misfits) is now at the helm, working from a script by Jay Basu, with Edwards acting as producer.

Seven years on from the events of Monsters, and the 'Infected Zones' have spread worldwide. Humans have been knocked off the top of the food chain, with disparate communities struggling for survival. American soldiers are being sent abroad to protect US interests from the Monsters, but the war is far from being won.

Noah, a haunted soldier with several tours under his belt, is sent on a mission: an American soldier has gone rogue deep in the Infected Zone, and Noah must reach him and take him out. But when Noah's unit and transport are destroyed, he finds himself with only a young and inexperienced cadet for company – the brother of the man Noah has been sent to kill.

The two soldiers must go on a life-altering journey through the dark heart of monster territory, accompanied by a young local woman to guide them. By the time the three of them reach their goal, they will have been forced to confront the fear that the true monsters on the planet may not be alien after all.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

I loved the first one, so I can't wait to see this.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Interesting.  Sounds like another travel-oriented story with some more action and tension between characters.  Also getting dat Apocalypse Now vibe.

Can't wait to see this.

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

My complaints with the first one were of the acting and the way the characters were written. That being said as an indie film I admire Monsters ALOT for what the director was able to acomplish on his own. I hope this is good. I will certainly be checking it out.

ace3g

ace3g

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Welp, I'm excited.

Not sure how I feel about Gareth Edwards not being involved, but eh.

ace3g

ace3g

Quote from: KNIGHT on Aug 22, 2013, 11:03:01 PM
Welp, I'm excited.

Not sure how I feel about Gareth Edwards not being involved, but eh.

He is executive producer on the film

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

God damn, it's about time we got footage!

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

It looks well made, and I'll certainly watch it.
But Monsters is one of my favorite movies because of how it doesn't take the horror-action route, and instead ventures to deliver a softer, more subtle take on the genre. This seems to be pretty washed out visually, which indicates it'll probably be much darker and grittier... I'm not sure I want that here. I want the beautiful cinematography, the moving theme, the character oriented story that takes place in a well-developed world where people are familiar with the situation and have essentially moved on with their lives.

ace3g

ace3g

chrisr232007

chrisr232007

Cant wait to see this!!!

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

That's certainly an interesting new... thing.

Aspie

Aspie

whose Tom green

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

my Tom green

Aspie

Aspie

he didnt direct godzilla or monsters doe

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed