Started by Skynetdyne, Apr 22, 2007, 01:37:55 AM

Woul you like to see a Queen be made?

Yes
13 (46.4%)
No
15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author
Metamorphasis to Queen (Read 3,337 times)

Skynetdyne

Skynetdyne

The question I propose is this...
In AVP2 if the film only has Drones then the need to expand is important to the hive.

Would you like to see, and thus have addressed, a drones ability to Morph into a Queen?

Either in the form of a Pratorian or just straight from a drone to queen.

We have already seen the begining stages of this in Alien when it seemed that drone was preparing a hive perhaps to have food while in cocoon stage.

SiL

SiL

In Alien, the drone was turning Brett (Dallas is debatable) into an egg, to complete its life cycle. With the introduction of a Queen, it can be deduced that, in the absence of one drones will make eggs themselves until a Queen hugger appears one way or another.

That's what I'd like to see in the movie if the Queen's not there from the get-go. No molting, no Praetorians, just a drone making an egg with a Queen hugger inside.

Skynetdyne

Skynetdyne

Hmm... So a drone making a single egg and getting a queen hugger?

Thats not something I thought of. I dunno though. I would still think a drone would have to change some how to make an egg. I mean thats what Drone means... Sex Less

rob_burleson

rob_burleson

I always liked the way that Cameron thought the Aliens should have a similar life cycle and social structure of ants or bees.  A regular bee can become a queen if it eats only royal jelly.  Since the jelly can be made by a drone bee it would make sence that a single alien drone in the absence of a queen could make said jelly for its self and turn into the queen.

SiL

SiL

QuoteI mean thats what Drone means... Sex Less

Drone is both a verb and a noun. In none of its meanings does it mean 'Sexless' - It's a type of sound, is one that lives off the labours of others (such as a parasite), or a male bee.

I like my Aliens to be alien, not eight-foot-tall termites. We've seen that a single normal drone will, in the absence of a Queen, produce eggs on its own, apparently at the cost of its life (Hence moving slowly in the shuttle) but with no noticeable change necessary. Don't see why there's need to about-face all of a sudden.

Danger Close

Danger Close

I agree that a Queen should come from an egg. A drone sacrificing it's self to make an egg is a good start, but the lfe cycle has to be preserved. If they screw with the life cycle too much it won't work. Innovation in the Alien world is not only by dramatic change, it would be best used to enhance the mythos.

Vader the White

Vader the White

Quote from: SiL on Apr 22, 2007, 03:08:24 AM
(Hence moving slowly in the shuttle)

I was wondering why it was moving very slowly. That was annoying!

I think it would be cool to see and I would like to see it.

Skynetdyne

Skynetdyne

I kinda thought it moved slow the whole movie.  It never runs once.

SiL

SiL

There's a difference between 'Moving slowly' and 'Just lying there' ;D

Danger Close

Danger Close

You may be looking too hard, it is possible the Alien only moved slowly for dramatic effect. I like to think the Alien was either stalking Ripley or having trouble finding her in the suit. As for it lying there... wasn't it trying to hide?

SiL

SiL

I'm not looking too hard - That's what Ridley Scott said.

SM

SM

We know how Queens are made.  They're born Queens.

If there aren't any Queens present, then egg morphing is infinitely more suitable than any other theory.

Skynetdyne

Skynetdyne

Im just saying in a few books and games the concept has been brought up.

I Think it would be scarrier thinking that left alone a single drone has the potential to infest and expand a hive.

SM

SM

If you take the Alien DC into account - a single Alien can already do that.

No need to make things up or refer to comics.

SiL

SiL

Gawd, least of all refer to comics. They have trouble keeping track of their own heads and asses, let along trying to be in line with the movies.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed